Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Banned
    let's separate emotions from facts, that you are amazed will bring nothing constructive.

About inside infos, no i don't have, but i'll just say that: I'm aware of some loot theories that a lot of people think it is true, but after doing my own tests (not read and applied what i read on forums or heard there or there) I can surely finetune some ideas about loot that are not how things actually works.

For example, saying loot is bigger with higher decay and the conclusions you advance about getting 3 esi on 4 osseo in an hour, let me just laugh, why people able to kill them do not stick opallo on them like you suggested if things are working like that?

Edit: more decay= more loot, am ok with this idea. 1 hour to kill a mob instead of 2 minutes to increase your decay will certainly give you lower loot, you can test it yourself, read all forums, ask as many people you want to test it, you can kill any amount of mobs, that will not change this fact.

Returning to the first post, let me tell you that Rocktropia is not a planet based on exploits. Here, you can separate facts from emotions. And if you think only Rockstars, Secret Agents and Narfi have the same point of views against your ideas, maybe it is just because we are the only rocktropian based societies. Others are just interplanetary societies, probably less aware and/or caring less about false accusations.

Hope this post will restablish a little honesty and ethic before another drama thread will be posted.
    Nothing wrong to have emotions, just be aware it is emotions, not the truth...

On a side note, you mentionned it's in the EULA to report bugs, glitches and exploits, which I myself report when i find them. Here you clearly wrote you didn't do it, so please, be a bit more councious about what you write... You seems to have the experience to have an honest judgement. If i wanted to act like a dick, i would say you just created this thread to show the community how you don't respect the EULA by 1) not reporting bugs/exploits etc 2) shouting loud to every potential exploiters the way to fuck MA and their EULA.

Don't you want a better EU?
    Last edited by Ed Ward; 10-30-2011 at 19:06.

2. Sponsored Links
    Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
    It was proven that loot is proportional with cost/kill.
    Really? Can I have a link please?
    Or are you just talking about the test with low dps weapons on high regen mobs?

Quote Originally Posted by GullyFoyle View Post
    Really? Can I have a link please?
    Or are you just talking about the test with low dps weapons on high regen mobs?
    you will get same loot
    only have enourmous kill costs
    and uber good feeling you can kill it that way

Since when is revive killing an exploit? People have been doing it since the game started, just now... they don't have to run 50 meters after each death to avoid a turret.
    Loot sucks, then you ATH.

Banned
    please don't flame BH (nor me, hehe), but just wanted to add my point of view to the real question behind this thread:

lets get back in time a few months...
    Some people from neverdie team make a discovery right after an update, trollers shout to scandal, corruption, inside info etc... but those trollers never put a foot on RT and still do not. They have no idea how things were manadged before this mediatic multiple threads on the subject. From this, some (thanks God not all) thinks RT is corrupted or based on exploit.
    On another side, lots of forum posters likes to do test to prove theories about loot, but when a mob is looted, you can't repeat the test to get the exact same loot on same mob in same conditions...

So I propose this virtual test: take all caly population, put them all on RT, bring back the good spirit there were when some of ND's team were from time to time hunting with us because they were our friends and running some events via land markers. Do you think ND's team would still have discovery with 30 times more people on RT than actually? (means 30 times less guys from ND's team, as there were 2 or 3 of them, that would be 0.2 or 0.3 avatars on whole caly population) would they get a discovery?
    Also i'm wondering why, having inside infos (supposedly), did ND's team had a discovery only 1 year after the opening of the planet?

Then after this incident of past history, trollers on forums made their job, and with a snowball effect, despite efforts of guys to restablish the truth - and having lost a part of the fun playing with some of ND's team members due to trollers - we can now still see threads like this one.

MA decided to let the team members i mentionned be able to log into EU, why? Because there is something unfair? Because MA gave the right to the team to abuse of inside infos?
    Let me answer that no, they can still log in because they were simply not guilty.
    Look at DA manager, his trades with deeds were clearly an abuse... Result: he can't log in anymore.
    What I want to say is that MA did the right thing in all situations so far, in my opinion. Some trollers made their job which leads some people be hatefull about this great planet, and you know what? things are slowly beeing restablished in people's minds, and i'm sure BH will see this, him too. Don't believe what people says, see by yourself.

NB: I'm not a fan blindly defending the planet i like, if you search a bit, you'll find some of my posts where I appear very angry about some points reguarding RT, and to counter-balance this negative aspect in my opinions of this planet, here's a post I made which says why I think this planet is great -> http://www.neverdie.com/general-rock...html#post35136

Now that I talked a bit more seriously and deeply on those kind of subjects, I will refrain myself from posting over and over again the same things until I see people understand. You know what? I don't care if people have wrong ideas, as far as i got my dragons to suck xD
    Maybe i'll just post a link to this thread which has some good explanations from time to time, no need to repeat over and over like you do to kids until they get it. Some will eventually change and enjoy

Provider
    Ed Ward, you are right, a lot starts from there. I think the crash of the game and lots of people quitting are in a way related with the great success of that specific team and all the drama and shit storm DA Manager started with shady deals and fake info presented as inside info. Especially since a lot happened right after ND sold CND for a ton of ped and made a copy of it in HELL. IMO this is an abuse, and this is not an emotional reaction. Is a simple fact of saying what it is.

As you must have noticed, I stopped commenting on that topic long time ago and if I am not provoked, I will not mention it again. So just let it be. Unless you enjoy the storm. I'm fine with it.

I have sent support case about that exploit at revive. the only reason I posted this thread is because I have no reason to trust RT team to ever make any change if it is not made public. And I am not convinced they will fix anything even then.

I assure you that if I would have been on Arkadia noticing something like that it would have stayed on support only or in PM on their forum to one of the mods. On Calypso I would have still posted on forum.

That should tell more about the level of trust. And should clear out the fact that I don't trust anyone. The fact is that I don't trust anyone I should not.
    We do not forgive!
    We do not forget!
    We are legion!
    Expect us!

Banned
    Nothing more to add on this subject, but since a few days, i hunt on caly and you know what? there is a guy that constantly stay at border of my radar range, even if i kill mobs in his direction to see who it is. He has a copter and am pretty sure he's exploiting, jumping into his copter, flying and landing to finish the mob, so if you want to profit about something unfair from players, go hunt on Caly, BH. On caly there are many people that still using exploits and hiding from it, the example you shown here is apparently a guy who did this once or twice without really knowing.

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Ward View Post
    Nothing more to add on this subject, but since a few days, i hunt on caly and you know what? there is a guy that constantly stay at border of my radar range, even if i kill mobs in his direction to see who it is. He has a copter and am pretty sure he's exploiting, jumping into his copter, flying and landing to finish the mob, so if you want to profit about something unfair from players, go hunt on Caly, BH. On caly there are many people that still using exploits and hiding from it, the example you shown here is apparently a guy who did this once or twice without really knowing.

I don't think it's an isolated incident. What do you think that "RT opia" team is doing?

Banned
    to be honest, i don't think anything and won't polemicate, there has been enough craps written already. I not mentionned the name of the guy i seen because writting craps and continuing what's damageable for the whole community is not my thing, nor what i think is justified. my last post was rather to show how irrelevant this thread is - or similar whinnings - (no offense BH)
    There is a more mature attitude to adopt than shooting into each others foot. Am not Jesus, i won't change the world... some players will agree as they grow up with years (thinking to those that just became adults and are not really yet) etc you see my point i guess. If you fail to see what's reasonnable, so be it, we are 7 billions people on earth.

Edit: what is sure is that RT team is not hunting, Calypsian's whinnings from people that thinks they are MA's boss (aka who makes the rules, forum readers or MA? does not apply only to the hate of RT, am very critic about community and lots have changed from when i started, hate of RT is just an example btw others about the damaged spirit we used to be part of) disallowed it, lmao
    Last edited by Ed Ward; 12-01-2011 at 00:51.

--mod's note--
    Discuss the topic is fine, but leave the name calling and personal insults out of it please.
    --/mod's note--

On a complete off-topic note:

At the amount of vehicles you're carrying around.

13 VTOLs? 8 hovercrafts?

I mean really?
    Always willing to learn

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast