Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Young

I wasn't here yesterday...

I don't visit EF that much, because when I click "new posts" it hardly gives a page of news. Therefore I visit this forum maybe once a week or even less.

I definetely didn't visit this forum "You last visited: Yesterday at 18:41" what I noticed top right now.

That is probably causing that I don't see that many new posts if EF thinks I come in daily, lol.

Thanks for fixing this issue.

I will visit this forum on Wednesday again, so if it again shows something for Tuesday it's bugged^^

2. Sponsored Links
    Mature
    I visit it before I visit the planetclapso forum because I noticed if i viewed it afterwards it always said there were no new posts since my last visit. Once I started coming to this one first the issue went away, but I still have to visit it first everyday.

It never bothered me enough to figure out if it was a cookie issue or what it might be since I have different user names and passwords on each.

maybe PCF and EF.com use the same bblastvisit cookie ? Or something along that

I an go to either forum first or second and never have an issue.

XZC

Young
    Apparently EF and PCF share the same "cookie" for login or something else that considers it being me having logged in yesterday, lol.

Today it says "Yesterday at 22:40". This is the time I visited PCF yesterday.

Please change the cookie / whatever.

Thanks.

EF and PCF do not share the same cookie information.

As others have noted, they have no problems with new posts on each of the forums.

I suggest you check your browser's cookie settings, or try using a different browser to see if the problem persists.

Young
    Quote Originally Posted by 711 View Post
    EF and PCF do not share the same cookie information.

As others have noted, they have no problems with new posts on each of the forums.

I suggest you check your browser's cookie settings, or try using a different browser to see if the problem persists.
    I am using Firefox 8.0 right now and this is happening every since EF came back so couple of FF versions ago also. Like I explained I haven't visited EF because of I always look up to new posts and there weren't so much, so I bascially visited it once in a week. Now when I noticed it couple of days ago, I haven't been there in four weeks and I noticed the last visited information top right.

Would be great if you can explain what cookie setting would make EF think when I visit it once a week that I have been at the time and date I visited PCF and how do I change it?

Mature
    Is strange issue for me, because account names are not at all similar. I stayed away for a few days and came back to see that it showed I had been here and no new posts.

Not a big issue for me other than I have no idea why that happens.

Young
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    Is strange issue for me, because account names are not at all similar. I stayed away for a few days and came back to see that it showed I had been here and no new posts.

Not a big issue for me other than I have no idea why that happens.
    Well, I think most users don't notice the difference, because they visit EF and PCF roughly the same time. If you have days in between, I do think many more would recognize this issue.

And quite funny to read I visited the Forum today at 20:38.

711, can you actually check the logon times maybe? I am using the remember me setting, I will try and see what happens, when I actually log on and off manually. If you have some login logs, you shoud see that at 20:38 there was no login but till this point.

I tested the same now with firefox and it is exactly the same as Cani describes. Maybe going to test with IE, too ...later

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast