Page 1 of 14 1234567811 ... LastLast
    Young

Unhappy "entropia did not shut down normally"

Now, I'm gonna make this easy on everyone and simply snip parts from my email to technical support as it has been a long and dreary process of trying to get this to work. Currently I am no farther than I am where I started.

I have spent 3 long days troubleshooting the, "Entropia did not shut down normally" problem. Here we go.

I recently purchased a new computer, specs are as follows:

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990fx

Processor: Zambezi 3.1ghz 8 core processor

Graphics: Sapphire HD 6950 2gb

Ram: 2 x 4gb G.Skill Sniper

Power Supply: 850w

After installing all PROPER drivers ( I spent hours making sure they were all correct ) I installed Entropia Universe. It updates correctly, and the launch button turns green. Each time I click it, it begins launch, screen pops up for Entropia my mouse changes to the Entropia icon but the screen is black and after a brief moment of looking like its gonna work it closes and I get,

"Entropia Universe did not shut down normally"

Memory: 8160

Graphics Adapter: AMD Radeon 6900 series

graphics Adapter driver version: 8.17.10.1099

Exception Address: 12039665

Version: 12.2.1.88480

Let me tick off the things I have tried, just so I don't waste everyones time:

1.) I have tried both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of windows 7.

2.) I have tried all versions of microsoft c++ and their corresponding 32 and 64 bit systems.

3.) I have ran EVERYTHING as administrator, even so far as to log onto my administrator account and install everything through there.

4.) My router has been configured properly, not only does my girlfriends laptop work to play Entropia Universe but our other PCs do as well.

5.) I have tried each different version of DirectX including 9.0c, 10, and 11.

6.) Windows Firewall is COMPLETELY disabled, I have also added all ports to it as well just to be extremely redundant.

7.) All of my graphics drivers, sound drivers, chipset drivers, etc are all up to date.

8.) I have also REMOVED my HD 6950 and attempted to us e an ATI 5770 and it STILL failed to work. I have ran this game via USB and on a separate partition. Still failed.

9.) several fresh installs of windows 7 in both 32 and 64 bit format, some WITH ALL windows updates and some COMPLETELY without.

10.) For the hell of it I even installed it on my girlfriends 3 year old dell laptop, opened it, made sure it worked, dropped it onto my PC via USB flash drive and installed microsoft c++ again and loaded up - Failed.

My girlfriends laptop with an INTEGRATED graphics card is loading this game with no issue. I have ran through EVERY SINGLE forum related to Entropia Universe and have noticed this is a very, very common problem. I'm running out of ideas here .

2. Sponsored Links
    Young
    Attempted to use an older version of my graphics driver along with an older version of CatalystControlCenter and it failed as well..

Sigh, this is getting old.

Young
    Going to attempt a run on XP through Virtual Machine we'll see how it goes.

Yep get the same thing as you, but not very often. I also get the "entropia universe client is running" when I go to start the game. lol That one takes a ctrl alt del to get rid of. From my soc mates that run ATI cards, they don't have a problem..

Now I get lots of crashes when Im on the new islands... When I am on amerthera or endor I seem to never crash..

Next thing I get is massive lag when I exit any vehicle. Upto 5 to 10 min wait untill I can move. (quick fix is to equip something then unequip it! )

It is interesting to see that you have tried different os's and had the same result. I had fixed all these issues before last update but it was by updating my drivers from 11.8 to 11.9.. downside was that I thought my card was fried due the pixelation and other wild effects that were happening, but after the last update of EU, and driver update to 11.10 it went away.

I am going to try and use 11.9 dirvers again. When I was using 11.9 it seemed to work better, but it does seem that it has to do with the vid cards. Just don't understand why others who use ATI don't seem to have these problems..

Let me know what happens when you try XP. Gl

Well 11.9 drivers fixed some of the problems..

I don't crash as much, and when I say crash I should clairify. Crash = loss of connection.

My frame rates are better so thats a good thing. Clear graphics so no pixels everywhere!

The only real issue now is the lag when exiting a vehicle.

So for you I would try 11.9 drivers and see if this resolves your problems. Gl

Also just to add info. Running win 7 64bit, 4870 X2 ati 2 gigs, 6 gigs ram, i7 940 cpu, 1000watt enermax Galaxy power.

Here are the settings I am using. Compare to see if there is an issue with this as well.

Young
    Hey, congrats on getting your system fixed but to be completely honest with you I don't see any similarity between our problems. You're running a whole different series of graphics card, and a different model of processor entirely (You = Intel Me = AMD). Youve also been able to load the main login screen at some point or another, I have tried 20 different methods and have STILL failed to even get to the login screen. As I said, I hit launch, a screen pops up (either full-screen or a windowed screen) and instead of a login screen it stays there for about 1 1/2 seconds and then closes and I'm given a, "Entropia Universe failed to shutdown normally) and then it gives me my system specs.

Let me make this clear:

I have been unable to even get past the clientloader. It seems that at the point where everyone would see the login screen my client crashes and instead of an error I get, "Entropia did not shut down normally"

As I stated as well, I used two different cards (an HD 6950 and an ATI 5770 and even used an updated AND old version of the drivers.)

I was thinking, and could it be that when I install my graphics drivers it automatically installs microsoft visual c++ 2010 x64 and it could be conflicting with entropia (which is generally installed after I install my graphics drivers).

Dominant
    If clientloader doesn't start (crash immediately on startup), look for files *.log and *.dmp in the "crashes" directory (somewhere under public user data). I think the files are "clientloader.dmp", "clientloader.log", "entropia.dmp" and "entropia.log" (they are in same directory). Delete those four files and restart client.

(As I'm not at my gaming computer right now I can't be more specific than that.)
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Young
    Quote Originally Posted by aia View Post
    If clientloader doesn't start (crash immediately on startup), look for files *.log and *.dmp in the "crashes" directory (somewhere under public user data). I think the files are "clientloader.dmp", "clientloader.log", "entropia.dmp" and "entropia.log" (they are in same directory). Delete those four files and restart client.

(As I'm not at my gaming computer right now I can't be more specific than that.)
    This is one of the many, many different methods I have tried. I forgot to mention this, I have deleted both: Clientlooader.dmp and Clientloader.log many, many times to no effect what so ever. Let me be clear, Clientloader has NO issues opening. I can open clientloader, as I said, but when I hit LAUNCH it launches a windowed screen (I have ran in windowed, and full-screen) and the game crashes.

Edit: Hm, this is the first time I've seen the files clientloader.dmp and Clientloader.log mention every other time it was, Entropia.log, and Entropia.dmp I'll give it a shot.

I kinda feel like I'm not getting through here. It starts up fine, somewhere between me hitting launch and the Entropia Universe log-in screen something is going wrong. Either on my end, or theirs, but being that this PC is brand new in every sense I cant see what the problem is. My drivers are up to date down to my chipset and I've used old, new, AND modified graphics drivers in attempts to get this to run.

Ah.. Now this is perplexing... I hope that the fix aia has mentioned does work for you.

Young
    Quote Originally Posted by Nor Alien View Post
    Ah.. Now this is perplexing... I hope that the fix aia has mentioned does work for you.
    Nah, no luck at all. The last few things I can think of are my audio drivers, or my motherboard. I don't see why a rather popular gaming board would be having issues with EU, I mean my girlfriends laptop with Intel integrated graphics can at least load up to main menu and load the game.

Of course, two days now and no response from Technical. I can guarantee they were gonna spit one of the many methods I've already tried at me.

Page 1 of 14 1234567811 ... LastLast