Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    Hatchling
    Hi,

Yes same mobo and same problem. Thing is i do not have another mobo to test. However i will try this weekend to update my bios drivers and also try to borrow another gfx card, maybe that will have some result. I have installed various gfx and mobo drivers already with no go.

I will let you know how things work out.

Edit: Updated bios drivers, no go...
    Last edited by J4ck; 12-02-2011 at 21:48.

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by J4ck View Post
    Hi,

Yes same mobo and same problem. Thing is i do not have another mobo to test. However i will try this weekend to update my bios drivers and also try to borrow another gfx card, maybe that will have some result. I have installed various gfx and mobo drivers already with no go.

I will let you know how things work out.

Edit: Updated bios drivers, no go...
    hmm K how about the gfx card?

Im thinking that even after you change out the card, you will still not be able to log on.. Sounds like a comatibility issue with your board and EU's highly modified Cry2 engine.. See if support will help you, if not you may have to contact your motherboard mufacturer and see if they have any suggestions.

It really is starting to look like EU does not support these Mobo's.. I hope I am wrong.. Something for the rest of us looking to upgrade in the future..

Oh and just one other question, did anyone on the other forum give any suggestions as to the problem?
    Last edited by Nor Alien; 12-04-2011 at 09:16.

Hatchling
    Hi,

I posted this at PCF:
    This weekend I've tried another dozen of things to get EU working. I contacted the guys from the PC shop where i got the components. We tried all kinds of drivers, compatibility modes. Even tried a 32bit win7 install. Then we tried a couple of older gfx cards, both Ati/Amd aswell as a Nvidia card. Nothing helped, every time it's the same error msg and exception address.
    At this moment the PC shop and me are thinking that EU is somehow incompatible with either, the CPU or the motherboard.

@Nor Alien,
    It very much seams as if EU does not support my mobo and/or cpu. I would first like to have this confirmed by EU, before i contact ASUS.

Thx for the input.

Regards,

Hatchling
    I have the same issue after upgrading my motherboard and cpu to an AMD FX 4100/Asus m5A97 with Windows 7 64 bit. All updates as of this post as well as updated drivers from nvidia... I click launch, the game opens a blank window, and then I get the "Entropia Universe did not shut down normally". I would try the method of deleting the crash logs... but there aren't any to be found. This happens on a clean install of the operating system and a clean install of Entropia that has never been launched before.

Quote Originally Posted by kurt165749 View Post
    I have the same issue after upgrading my motherboard and cpu to an AMD FX 4100/Asus m5A97 with Windows 7 64 bit. All updates as of this post as well as updated drivers from nvidia... I click launch, the game opens a blank window, and then I get the "Entropia Universe did not shut down normally". I would try the method of deleting the crash logs... but there aren't any to be found. This happens on a clean install of the operating system and a clean install of Entropia that has never been launched before.
    Hmm I would like to know if it is just the board brand (asus) or if it has anthing to do with the chip... I hope that someone out there that has this chip but running a differnt Mobo brand can tell us if it is working for them or not...

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by Nor Alien View Post
    Hmm I would like to know if it is just the board brand (asus) or if it has anthing to do with the chip... I hope that someone out there that has this chip but running a differnt Mobo brand can tell us if it is working for them or not...

Well as of now there are at least 3 cases... all running Amd FX, correct? Anyone else having Entropia errors with the FX architecture?

Hatchling

Same issue...

i am running an AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor 3.60GHz and am having exact same issues and i have tried everything from talking to tech support to checking forums...

After doing some research, what I found is that the new AMD fx chips are using some new 3d instruction sets to run its graphics applications.. I think this may have something to do with it..

If this is so then I think EU is not set up to run these, so it may be crashing due this incompatibility.. This might be something to bring up to support if you get a chance...

Hatchling
    Hi again,

This is exactly what i thought. I think its called AMD Vision FX or something. Is there someway of disableing it, does anyone know?

I will reply to support about this.
    Well at least now we are getting closer to the cause, lets hope MA is able/willing to support it.

Regards,

j4ck

Quote Originally Posted by J4ck View Post
    Hi again,

This is exactly what i thought. I think its called AMD Vision FX or something. Is there someway of disableing it, does anyone know?

I will reply to support about this.
    Well at least now we are getting closer to the cause, lets hope MA is able/willing to support it.

Regards,

j4ck
    Unfortunately it is hardware enabled so it can't be shut down. The only way to get it to work is to have MA enable it on the engine.. it shouldn't be too hard as Crysis I believe supports it. I think they dissabled it when they modified the engine to work with EU. I am still waiting for them to turn on the support for crossfire and sli.. I wish you gl!!

Gl

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast