Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Hatchling
    Hi,

As we are pretty sure it is AMD FX cpu related, i am going to switch over to AMD Phenom II. I was told the whole AMD FX cpu range is a messy range to begin with.
    Also, i had contact with the PC shop and switching the CPU wont be a problem for them. (as i am not happy with the item i purchased.)

Regards,

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by J4ck View Post
    Hi,

As we are pretty sure it is AMD FX cpu related, i am going to switch over to AMD Phenom II. I was told the whole AMD FX cpu range is a messy range to begin with.
    Also, i had contact with the PC shop and switching the CPU wont be a problem for them. (as i am not happy with the item i purchased.)

Regards,
    Good to hear!! It's too bad about the chip. The spec's on it are not bad at all, along with the low prices, It would have been a nice chip. In the end though, it's better to get something that will work for you now instead of hoping that it will be repaired in the near future!!

Hatchling
    I put in a support case about this. I'll let you know what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by kurt165749 View Post
    I put in a support case about this. I'll let you know what they say.
    Ty. I would be very interested in what they have to say!!

Hatchling
    Hi,

Trust me, nothing much. First you'll get the standard, update drivers and reinstall visual c++ 2005 and EU. After about 5 support cases then will reply something like:

Hi,

Unfortunately this could indicate that the problem is related to something within your computer system. The Support Dept. work with technical support for the Entropia Universe only, and it is very difficult, if not impossible, for us to have information regarding all types of hardware and software combinations compatible with the Entropia Universe. However, we can give you some general advice for hardware related issues:

- Check the temperature in your system and make sure that the cooling of your system is sufficient.

- Memory with different latency/speed settings can result in CTDs when pushing the circuits, even though your computer works fine in windows, it may crash when accessing the upper memory regions.

- Make sure the power supply in your system is sufficient.

Unfortunately, this is all the advice we have for you at this point. We hope that you will be able to pinpoint the problem in your system, and if so, you are very welcome to send us information to share with other participants.

Kind regards,
    So there isn't mucht ath EU support can do about this (yet). I guess it is an issue for AMD to fix. I would wish you good luck... but... no use really.

I decided not to wait on either AMD or EU. I will get my new AMD Phenom II x6 1100T tomorrow and install that on the mobo, then pray to all the gods one might worship and hope it'll work.

Regards,

Hatchling
    Hi,

FYI:
    Couple hours ago i installed an AMD Phenom II x6 1100T on the mobo. Eu works fine now. So its safe the say that the AMD FX cpu is the cause of eu not working.

Regards,

Hi,

FYI:
    Couple hours ago i installed an AMD Phenom II x6 1100T on the mobo. Eu works fine now. So its safe the say that the AMD FX cpu is the cause of eu not working.

Regards,
    Welcome back! Yeah it does seem that the issue is with these chips. I think once they have been out for a bit that they will be supported more.

Hatchling
    Hi,

Trust me, nothing much. First you'll get the standard, update drivers and reinstall visual c++ 2005 and EU. After about 5 support cases then will reply something like:

So there isn't mucht ath EU support can do about this (yet). I guess it is an issue for AMD to fix. I would wish you good luck... but... no use really.

I decided not to wait on either AMD or EU. I will get my new AMD Phenom II x6 1100T tomorrow and install that on the mobo, then pray to all the gods one might worship and hope it'll work.

Regards,

I gave them the link to this thread in the message and asked them directly about support for AMD FX... they still have not responded. I responded to the case so maybe it will get bumped...

Quote Originally Posted by kurt165749 View Post
    I gave them the link to this thread in the message and asked them directly about support for AMD FX... they still have not responded. I responded to the case so maybe it will get bumped...
    I hope they do! It would be nice to hear if it will be in the future or if there may be another problem!

Hatchling

Lightbulb for me the same

i have the same issue with my 8-core Bulldozer..

i have the following configuration:
    1. CPU: Bulldozer
    2. Mainboard Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    3. Ram 16GB G Skill
    4. SSD 500 GB
    5. RAID 0 1TB

i receive the following error:
    OS= Windows 7 64bit
    Memory= 16320
    Graphics Adapter = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
    Graphics Driver Version = 8.17.12.8026
    (the newer one didn't work too)