Crafting out put

I have noted over the past 3 yrs whenever I have crafted with whatever loot I have or been able to purchase, that many pp,l truly have no idea or common sense as to what they really need to charge to break even after costs.

So I thought - I would share with everyone what I have worked on over the years.
    I have shared with many friends and shown them that even after what they thought to be a good crafting run and would make a profit from whatever they created and sold - was really a loss (because the IN game MU is to low). Many crafters that go out on crafting runs and think they are doing well, when in fact, many of those people are really undercutting each other in the market to sell their products.

Just yesterday I crafted some basic screws for a soc mate for his own crafting run. Well here is what I did
    - 197 iron ingots (76.83tt) @ 107.35% (this was as the time the weekly MU I used) total spending came to 82.48peds
    - after the run I got back Basic Screws (1051) @ .04 peds each = 42.04 tt with the weekly MU at 105.93 it came to 44.53peds. then with the metal residue (1496) with tt and MU of the week its total was 15.92peds.
    - at the end all came to -19.83 without MU / -22.03 with MU a 74.19% (at TT Values) loot return (100% - would mean I broke even)

my results is that to break even, I would have to charge for each Basic Screw 0.06 peds (but the MU of the week is 105.93% at the time - where each screw is only worth 0.042372) this is not going to help me break even or even think of charging just enough to make a profit.

my conclusion is that many ppl in game do not have the concept of the real value of items.

here you can see an example of a few crafting runs I did.

Crafters need to stop and think before selling off what they crafted at such a low cost.

I am sharing with you my entire basic spread sheet that I use
    http://www.4shared.com/file/tGvR_RSX/Crafting_SHeet.html
    feel free to download it it is free.
    Last edited by Cuilwenevey; 11-22-2011 at 03:23.

2. Sponsored Links
    Hatchling
    im thought ze same. But seems noone care.
    And if all vill use prices to break even it vill be impossible anyvay.
    To buy something you vill need to deposit for sure because missing % to target price vill be takend by MA.

Hatchling
    The sheet is no longer available for download?

you can contact me if you like to get a copy of the spread sheet.. just pm me and i can send it to you via. email or if you have skype

ps i will check why it is not there.. it should be

try this http://www.4shared.com/file/tGvR_RSX...ing_SHeet.html
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3U5M3NLc09OZ0E
    Last edited by Cuilwenevey; 11-29-2011 at 03:20.

Old
    People do have an idea of the true value.
    But as well as you, they also try to minimize their costs to continue crafting, hunting, mining or what ever they do, and that is done by selling the items they craft.

When more than a few players are selling on a market, the % will drop as the people start to compete.

Also note, items like Basic Screws are mainly crafted by people who SKILL to do higher blueprints, due to it's cheap and the loss is acceptable on them.

To even start making money on crafting or breaking even, I would say you'd need to go at least a few levels higher on blueprints :P

Just get past the normal people who skill up to a certain level, only to see they lost all the way and quit before they reach the goal.

i know what you are saying Rabonzo, i was just showing a basic few from the bottom. I use this Spread sheet to even help a few high end crafters and they notices how it helped them see how the market has ppl Undercutting each other, which in the long run they undercut themselves.

what im saying here is we need to help the economy in the game by all working together and see that what everyone (buyer and seller) need to stop competing really .. if we all stay around the same prices (MU) and not try to be the first one to sell their stuff (because in the long run someone is going to come by and buy it)

and I also posted for those that would like to have a copy of the spreadsheet available for free - BASIC set up, and many have improved on it for their own personal use.

Hatchling

cartel

The only answer is a price fixing cartel like opec. I will join. People think they helping themselves by undercutting to increase sales. All that is really happening is that they are making sure crafting will never be profitable for themselves or anyone else,turkeys voting for christmas. Up the cartel.

Old Alpha
    like all things in game, it's supply/demand issue(s). If you as a crafter don't like the demand, try crafting something else or stop crafting til you see a demand you do like. There are reasons that there are hundreds of blueprints in game... if something doesn't work for you, try doing something else.

I've always thought it was silly from supply/demand standpoint for crafters making UL stuff, including components, to just craft til the cows come home... better to craft one thing, then go sell it, then use profit to craft another, and slowly progress that way instead of setting up auto tool and crafting for countless hours on end... only thing that is good for is skilling, but skills are pointless if they don't give you profits, unless maybe you are skilling just to sell the skills and not the product you are crafting?...

Young
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuilwenevey View Post
    Just yesterday I crafted some basic screws for a soc mate for his own crafting run. Well here is what I did
    - 197 iron ingots (76.83tt) @ 107.35% (this was as the time the weekly MU I used) total spending came to 82.48peds
    - after the run I got back Basic Screws (1051) @ .04 peds each = 42.04 tt with the weekly MU at 105.93 it came to 44.53peds. then with the metal residue (1496) with tt and MU of the week its total was 15.92peds.
    - at the end all came to -19.83 without MU / -22.03 with MU a 74.19% (at TT Values) loot return (100% - would mean I broke even)
    Well marked the important numbers in your post.

You paid more markup for the material than the product could sell for!
    How could you expect break even or even profit ?????
    At best you get a 48% Success Rate on maxed BP QR100.
    No way to break even without a global!

If you want to craft for profit you need to do your homework.

I wouldn´t have even started that craft!
    If I would have needed screws for another craft, I just would have bought the cheapest buyout from auction, as with this markup on iron its nearly impossible to craft it at that price it sells at auction!

Hatchling
    Nice spread sheet. I did notice what looks like a mistake in it though. The Total with MU field only adds the first 2 items. So any blueprint that has 3+ components would give you incorrect conclusions.