Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Value of Sweat?

Hatchling

Value of Sweat?

Hi I've returned to the game after some time off and according to my calcs sweat is now worth next to nothing?? For example if I make 11.25 peds (tt value, daily rate) worth ME (1125 qty), with a nexus bought nexus markup of 101.83% (11.44569 peds input for the ME), a refiner decay of 0.2248 peds, sell it at auction for 14 peds (124.44% markup, just below daily rate) that only leaves 1.63 peds as the value of the sweat used? In game people seem to be buying for 2-2.2 peds per k which seems to work out better than crafting the sweat into ME and then selling on the AH?

2. Sponsored Links
    Old Alpha
    Diluted sweat sells on auction, and is found in hunting loots, etc. MA wants you to deposit.

Hatchling
    I do deposit :P Being still quite low skilled though, I tend to swunt to skill up. Last time I played I refined my sweat though into ME and sold that as I got a better rate than if I sold the sweat on it's own and every bit helps to minimise the loss from hunting. Are you saing though that vibrant sweat can be made into diluted sweat?

Old Alpha
    Quote Originally Posted by brainbug007 View Post
    I do deposit :P Being still quite low skilled though, I tend to swunt to skill up. Last time I played I refined my sweat though into ME and sold that as I got a better rate than if I sold the sweat on it's own and every bit helps to minimise the loss from hunting. Are you saing though that vibrant sweat can be made into diluted sweat?
    nope... sorry. Would be nice if you could convert vibrant in to diluted. Guess what I'm saying is you are right, at the moment vibrant sweat is useless for the most part unless you just like sweating... Best suggestion I can make is play economically if you like swunting. Puny mobs do give lots of skills, and lots of blazers too, which also are completely useless, but at least have some markup. What's odd though if you think about it, blazers and novas and vibrant sweat, even at the low prices they sell for now have more markup than some of the most expensive stuff in game if you compare the tt value vs the price it sells for... so even though the sweat price is low, as long as it's not 103% of the tt value, be happy if you get something for it.

Hatchling
    Ya I thought this was the case as the math's didn't seem to stack up. Sounds like people buying the sweat at 2peds/k+ are actually ripping themselves off I guess I'll just sell my sweat to them instead rather than try to refine and sell the ME. Would you say as a beginner though it'd be better/quicker/economic to sweat puny's dry and then kill them (they don't hit me that often even though my evader skill is still rank 2) or sweat low end exa, snables, etc around alode until they agro, then kill wearing pixie armor?

Old Alpha
    Quote Originally Posted by brainbug007 View Post
    Ya I thought this was the case as the math's didn't seem to stack up. Sounds like people buying the sweat at 2peds/k+ are actually ripping themselves off I guess I'll just sell my sweat to them instead rather than try to refine and sell the ME. Would you say as a beginner though it'd be better/quicker/economic to sweat puny's dry and then kill them (they don't hit me that often even though my evader skill is still rank 2) or sweat low end exa, snables, etc around alode until they agro, then kill wearing pixie armor?
    Puny mobs are fun. However the main reason I go after them is to craft with the stuff they loot and also to raise my whip skills. If you have an Unlimited Viper Whip like I do, which only does 2 - 5 points of damage, puny is about the only thing you can hunt with it anyways, lol. If you make puny your full time job like I did somewhat, maybe try to find an unlimited low level weapon like s30 or the low damage whip. TT equipment works fine too though, but since some of the tt weapons do more damage than the whip, etc. it might actually lead to overkill.

Hatchling
    I've been using the TT energy pistol as it seems to work out the most cost effective. It handles exa's and snablesnots ok too. Hunting punys vs exa's both seem to result in the same sort of % loss, question i guess was more really around will I skill up faster on exa's wearing armor as isn't things like evade linked to item decay?

Old Alpha
    My suggestion - find a mentor and a nice society.

NBK Army is always recuiting. Find out more at www.thenbk.eu

Mature
    V. sweat is also needed to make welding wire, so the FN -> ME calc may not be the best price guide.
    "What the wise do in the beginning, fools do in the end."

Dominant
    Also, many people make ME because they've got sweat and FN lying around and don't know what to do with it. It's not a profit-maker. As with anything else in-game, the value of sweat is whatever people are willing to pay for it. Many sweat buyers buy sweat out of pity or to encourage new players, and that inflates the sweat price above what the market would naturally put it at.

Also, in this game a lot of things are sold at a loss to the seller because the market is often flooded with resources from ATHs and players trying to sell huge quantities quickly, and unfortunately, these sales bring the "market value" down below what is "natural" for the market.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast