Hatchling

Talking Hey all! Been a while! I have Q's!

So, it's been over a year, probably more since I've last visited Entropia. When I left, I had some cool things and a few apartments etc. I noticed you can now purchase land plots for $100 each now and was wondering how that's going. Is it worth it to buy some? How hard are they to get? Would it be worth liquidating everything I currently have in EU to purchase as many deeds as possible?

Looking forward to your input!

Thank you!

2. Sponsored Links
    They are not hard to get. Plenty of them in auction, the last payment was afaik 3.50 PED each deed for one week. You need to decide yourself if it's worth for you to buy them.

BR

Provider
    In 2013 when MA impliments the home steading competition you will be able to use the land plot deeds to stake land on the planet. if you have 9 then you have the right to build a house on your land if the land you staked is in a 3x3 square plot. That being said if you have the money then I would say it may be worth it to buy 9 deeds, but no more. If you don't have the money it isn't worth liquidating your items to buy them. If current trends continue, which they very well might if not get worse, then you will see roughly 20% return on your investment per year. It will take roughly 5 years for you to get your money back and that is a very long time to wait not to mention that at the current trend EU may end up going belly up for all we know. Neverdie got his money back for buying the asteroid for 100,000 USD in 10 months. 5 years seems like a rediculously long time to me, but it's all based on the prosperity of Calypso. With these deeds you can track how much people are spending in the game because the return you get is based on item decay and ect. MA originally expected a return of 27-30% per year. this first week saw a return of 18%. that makes you wonder, though the first week is nothing to go on just yet.

Long term investment the deeds are good, no short term value really.

Young
    If it is worth selling everything is something only you can answer for yourself.

I think parking the Peds on deeds and getting some interest is the better option compared to having unused items collecting dust in storage. The deeds could loose market value but so can your items in storage.

I myself make, at least for the last year, a (way) better ROI from cycling my Peds trough hunting then those deeds promise. Spare Peds go into better gear.

So i have not bought one yet, might get some just for the fun and support MindArk. If i would go on an extented break i might consider putting it all into deeds, wouldn't cash out anyway.

Young
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennson View Post
    They are not hard to get. Plenty of them in auction, the last payment was afaik 3.50 PED each deed for one week. You need to decide yourself if it's worth for you to buy them.

BR
    Extrapolating from that data, it would take about 4 years to get back your initial deposit. That's a very long time. Considering that less than 200 PEDs would be rewarded every year at this rate (Expecting more as playerbase grows) it will be a safe albeit slow way to guaranteed profits. Now... hopefully MA doesn't go under, and that EU will still be around a few years from now. I'm not doubting that it won't.

TBH, I wouldn't buy one seeing how poor their ROI is, since I would be better off hunting or mining, even if they're more volatile.

Well this week they gave 5.32 each so the current avrage is 4.412/week. Now as a pure investement they will probobly give a return of money buy 5 years but you should also count in that they will give votes in the upcoming political system and also if you have more then 9 probobly some land plots in a upcoming land system.

Mature
    It amazes me waht people consider to be a poor ROI. If you went to a bank and asked them to give you 18% interest on your deposits you would be laughed out the door.

There is more risk here than with a bank deposit but there is a significantly higher ROI.

As for EU's current trend and maybe going belly up and other such statements based on who know's what. Have you cheked the math at all? Even with that 18% ROI it shows that Calypso is pulling in a substantial revenue. MA's last financial report, while still in the red, was much improved from the previous report. Things are getting BETTER not WORSE! Don't believe me? Go check google, you can find the reports in swedish and english for sure, I'm sure others have translated them as well.

If you have some kind of credible evidence for EU failing the please share... and no, I don't want to hear about your empty friend list... average longevity for players in an MMO is around two - three months, people leave, make new friends.