Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlorencioNineWind View Post
    Because of all the various problems that MindArk has had, which comes with being the ruling body of a virtual universe, and all the various mistakes that MindArk has made, some of which could have been prevented, and because of a few various incidents where people got frustrated with MA's responses, a lot of people have lost faith in MA and the game and has left. Most of these people were higher end depositors and most of the higher end depositors who remain have decided to cut back on their depositing because they are uncertain of what direction the game will be taking. Many people have left the game for these reasons and or cut back on their depositing. This game is of course an economic game, so when there is less money being spent on the top of the pyramid (high end depositors) then there is less money in the entire economy due to the trickle down effect. Demand has also largely shifted to those with less money because they are the main consumers. Thus everything is cheaper. This of course has also caused loot returns to be smaller because of less high end depositors putting money into the game, which has only caused more problems. Lastly, many people bought some of the new Calypso Land Plot Deeds when they came out a few weeks ago. The spending of money on them and not in the game only made the economy dip further. Thusly, we have entered a new age in EU where the economy is very slow and low in price.
    That is a point of view which is very popular, but is it the truth? am far from thinking it.

If you remember the old days, what was the main complain in this forum? Answer: high end items were priced way too high and only ubers were able to get gears that allows big things in EU.
    For me, EU is just evolving.
    If some people who were making profits about highly priced items are not satisfied anymore about current states of things is another question. Maybe what EU is becoming is just not anymore what they are looking for as an online game. I personnaly see a bright and promising future in this virtual world. Adapting to changes has not to be the easiest thing though.

My 2 pecs

2. Sponsored Links
    Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Ward View Post
    That is a point of view which is very popular, but is it the truth? am far from thinking it.

If you remember the old days, what was the main complain in this forum? Answer: high end items were priced way too high and only ubers were able to get gears that allows big things in EU.
    For me, EU is just evolving.
    If some people who were making profits about highly priced items are not satisfied anymore about current states of things is another question. Maybe what EU is becoming is just not anymore what they are looking for as an online game. I personnaly see a bright and promising future in this virtual world. Adapting to changes has not to be the easiest thing though.

My 2 pecs
    It is a very popular point of view, and it is also backed up by alot of proving truth. Yes, as I stated I do think that, that is how EU is changing. We went from a world where things were very expensive, the economy was strong (PED wise), and people had to deposit alot to get anywhere to a world where things are getting really cheap, the economy is weak (PED wise if not people wise), and you don't really have to deposit much to do the things that you want to do. However, the fact of the matter is that MA needs people to deposit ALOT to keep the game going. If people deposit less because they don't need to deposit as much then the whole game slows. Not all, but many high end depositors who do alot of hunting have noticed a very common theme this past year. As more and more people left the game or deposited less their loot returns hit an all time low, lower than they had ever seen it. This is because the loot return in the game is based upon everyone depositing. If people deposit less, then there is less to go around. The economy shrinks (PED wise) and things become cheaper, including sweat prices which carry the base of the population. This game has the potential to have a very bright future, but at the moment many people are uncertain of how exactly the future will look. All we can do is wait and see what this next year will bring as I believe this next year will decide the game's future.

Also, it's not only high end people that are complaining about the stat of the economy, but also the low end people who can't do much. Right now, the most prosperous people in the game are the middle class. Those who deposit regularly like a normal subscription game (aka 20USD/month). They have done the best at taking advantage of the fluctuating economy and of course they would have the best time. Now they can experience things that used to only be for the ubers so they are happy while at the same time they don't rely on uber deposits to play in the game so they don't feel sad.

One final thing: It is very important when dealing with a game that mimics the real world (mainly economic games) just like it is important when dealing with real life; that you don't base your assumptions on you alone. Just because 1 person is doing fine, has no problems, sees nothing wrong; it doesn't mean that there arn't 1000 others that are having a terrible time, have nothing but problems, are dieing. Just because I live in the US and have no economic problems, does that mean I am oblivious to the millions in Africa who have nothing? No, I hurt everyday because I know that there are so many in the real world and the virtual world who experience such hardships. Surely we can addapt to changes, but as with real life so goes virtual life that for many we can only addapt so much before we can't addapt anymore. When someone leaves this game forever it means the same as if they had died because their presence and cash flow no longer influence the game and support the whole. Remember: for every 1 new person that enters this game and stays for over 1 year there are 1000 new people and 100 old people who have left.

As with any company, MA is finding it hard in the recession.

PLayers have lowered their depositing as they have no money themselves. The guys that are left are just trying to get through hard times.

This is a global forum, but it is not very active.

Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Jennifer View Post

This is a global forum, but it is not very active.
    I see new posts on 1/3 of the forums every day. This one has gone from 1 to 2 pages in just a few hours, seems pretty active to me

Go through the dates on the forum, most sub section has not seen a post for over 2 weeks.

Provider
    I see, still something about this forum that I really like though, not sure what. I do keep track of the other forums to so that I make sure not to miss anything important Oh, btw, if you havn't noticed, I've decided to make this a competition to see who will remain the last posted poster. I shall not be defeated!

Banned
    It is a very popular point of view, and it is also backed up by alot of proving truth...... We went from a world where things were very expensive, the economy was strong (PED wise), and people had to deposit alot to get anywhere to a world where things are getting really cheap, the economy is weak (PED wise if not people wise), and you don't really have to deposit much to do the things that you want to do......

As more and more people left the game or deposited less their loot returns hit an all time low, lower than they had ever seen it. This is because the loot return in the game is based upon everyone depositing. If people deposit less, then there is less to go around. The economy shrinks (PED wise) and things become cheaper, including sweat prices which carry the base of the population.
    * On one side you're supposing you need to deposite less to do whatever you want, on the other side you suggest that the poor loot return requires you deposite more to do whatever you want.
    * Sweat price has not dropped because of an EU economy recession, but because MA decided there would be less use for it.

Your post may seems logical, but for me, it does not reflect the situation including all parameters.

As for assuming ideas as a matter of facts, let me be not convinced at all. ->

the fact of the matter is that MA needs people to deposit ALOT to keep the game going......
    This is because the loot return in the game is based upon everyone depositing......
    Right now, the most prosperous people in the game are the middle class. Those who deposit regularly like a normal subscription game (aka 20USD/month)......
    Only MA has numbers and long term development strategy that would make it a matter of fact or an intended turn in game developments or something else that I'm not thinking about right now.

You can post another reply even longer, that won't change the fact that you have you own point of view and that I have mine.

I'm also aware I may tickle the majority (is it really the majority? maybe just those who writes the most in forums) and won't be gladly read, but who never takes risks never get something as they say

Another point to mention is that there has always been people leaving EU and there will always be others.

A social analysis of the whole game can't be sumurized in your logics, i don't think i'm wrong by saying that.

Peace!

My 2 pecs

Provider
    * On one side you're supposing you need to deposite less to do whatever you want, on the other side you suggest that the poor loot return requires you deposite more to do whatever you want.
    No my friend, you completely miss read my writing. Back when things were expensive you had to deposit more to do things and get places because items were more expensive. Now you don't have to depo as much and can play the game more casually if you want. However, loot does depend on the amount of people playing the game and depositing. I don't have to send a support case to MA to understand common knowledge. More people depo in game=more money that MA has=more money they can afford to place into loots. Less people depo in game=less money MA has=less money MA can afford to put into loots.

* Sweat price has not dropped because of an EU economy recession, but because MA decided there would be less use for it.
    I must assume that you are not a sweater and therefore have no business commenting on the sweat market because there is no way you could know about it. The sweat price is tied to the economy as a whole and it is a decent way to get an idea of how the game is doing over all. The economy recession is only about 20% the reason why the sweat price has dropped. The main reason is an extreme surplus in supply as opposed to a decrease in demand. MA has decided there would be less use for it? Now you are accusing MA of deliberately hurting the people who play the game. While I do understand why you would get this idea, I am affraid that I have come to a much more real conclusion. MA has introduced many things that they did not forsee the economic outcome of. These items have hurt the game, but there was no way MA could have forseen it. MA has decided there would be elss use for it? are you serious? Ever since the sweat market collapsed MA has done many things to try and correct the problem. While it obviously isn't their primary focus, I am sure it is high up on the list. Certainly they havn't turned it into vehicle fuel (not that, that would help much considering the price of fuel) but they have made many bps that use it as an ingredient, the most useful of these being welding wire. You tell me now, why would MA take the repair tool that required no item to use and then suddenly say that you needed welding wire to run it? It certainly wasn't to get themselves more money, as there is no way they could have. At first this change made many people miffed and some almost decided they wouldn't care as much about getting repair skills, but they got over that. Welding wire requires sweat as an ingredient to make and MANY people work on repair skilling because it can be used as a slightly cheaper way of getting some crafting skill gains. Why else would MA make you have to use welding wire and make you need sweat as an ingredient other than to attempt to get the sweat market back in order? And now we see them try again (a poor attempt I must say, but still) in that they implimented a new boss mob that requires 500k bottles of sweat to spawn. Why else would they make you have to use sweat to spawn the boss mob unless they were trying to correct the sweat market.

Your post may seems logical, but for me, it does not reflect the situation including all parameters.
    Thank you for saying that my post is logical, I attempt to be logical. As for parameters, yes it does reflect the situation including all parameters. I admit that my opinion didn't used to, but now it does because I have decided to stop blaming MA for everything and to see the situation from their point of view. I have also interviewed many people both very old and very new players about what they think about the game. I have taken much time to get an idea about what the people think about this game.

As for assuming ideas as a matter of facts, let me be not convinced at all. ->
    Yes, I do believe that you will not be convinced at all, because you are one of those people who will not listen to reason and who will not be convinced. People like that are so stuck in their ideas and ways of doing things that even when they are about to die they can't see the edge of the cliff that they are about to walk off of. For people like you it will be a shock when the game goes down, it won't be for me.

Only MA has numbers and long term development strategy that would make it a matter of fact or an intended turn in game developments or something else that I'm not thinking about right now.
    I seriously have no idea what you're talking about. How does this statment have anything to do with what we are talking about? The game is more than MA, the game also incoporates the people and just like any real life country the people have a very large impact on what happens. Would you like to know that there is currently 1 extra MS in existance that was never intended to be made because a certain group of people asked MA pretty please to put in one last one? Please in the future don't make statments that are irrelevant to the conversation.

You can post another reply even longer, that won't change the fact that you have you own point of view and that I have mine.
    I knew you were going to comment on my lengthy posts. I thought about putting something about it at the ending of my last post, but decided not to. My posts arn't lengthy because I am trying to push an opinion or because I believe that more words will make me more right. The reason my posts are lengthy is because: 1: I enjoy writing, 2: I am stating facts along with my opinion to support it, 3: I speak for more than myself when I post, as I said I have interviewed many people and have looked at all parameters of the situation. Certainly you have your opinoin, and I have mine, and I understand and respect this. I am just trying to let others know the facts of the situation along with my opinions.

I'm also aware I may tickle the majority (is it really the majority? maybe just those who writes the most in forums) and won't be gladly read, but who never takes risks never get something as they say
    Yes, I do believe it is the majority. For every 1 person who writes a good review about MA in the forums there are 10 more different people who write bad ones. for every good post there is 10 bad posts. and again, I have interviewed MANY people both old and young in the game. However, it is true that roughly 60% of the old ones that are "still in the game btw" do think that everything is fine. This is just if you take the opinion of the old ones "who are still in the game" and it's still just barely a majortiy. Oh, btw, you see that? I said "still in the game" this means that many old ones have left and are no longer here to stat their opinions. However, I listened to their opinions before they left and I am still here to stat them.

Another point to mention is that there has always been people leaving EU and there will always be others.
    Yes, but they have not always left for the same reasons. Have you heard the reasons why people leave? because I have listened to many old timers and new timers who have left the game. I am talking about thousands btw. Yes, there will always be more people coming into the game, but again I point you to the statistics which I have very carefull kept track of. For every 1 new person that stays in the game for 1 year or more there are 1000 new people and 100 old people that have left. The old people statistic will be shirnking this year due to less old people left who are not in the 60% that think things are fine. Probably 50 old people this year for every 1 new person as a guess. How do I know this? because I have personally helped many, many, MANY new people get started in the game over this last year and I have kept track of them. I have also made many old timer friends and have kept track of them. I am also a major sweater and therefore are closer to the bottom (new people) than most and therefore can talk to many people in the game. It's not only new people that come to talk around sweat groups, it is also older players who come either to socialize or help the sweaters by healing and killing. Sweat groups have remained the best way to socialize in the game.

A social analysis of the whole game can't be sumurized in your logics, i don't think i'm wrong by saying that.

Peace!

My 2 pecs
    A social analysis of the whole game can't be sumurized in your logics? Hmm, so a social analysis of the whole game can't be sumurized based on the test sample of 10,000 people? I believe that my sociology book says otherwise.

Banned
    smiles and keeping knowledge for myself

Provider
    smiles and keeping knowledge for myself
    Keeping secret information and therefore hindering the understanding and growth of the people is a very bad practice.

Also, The competition continues! I will remain the one who posted last!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast