Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Hatchling
    Joined
    Jan 03 2012
    Posts
    1

    The thoughts of a single player

    I've been playing EU for a few months and found the game to be for the most part to be fun. I see where on the forum where there seems to be a constant removal of threads that have been made by various players. It's been my belief that the purpose of forums is to be able to voice one's opinion without ridicule and fear of being banned or tossed out of the game. In my honest opinion this is not a legit forum because it seems to be ran by one person.
    Whether posting one's opinion or what is the purpose of a forum other then getting information seems to be wrong. Instead of getting useful game information all I have seen is name calling towards different players.. I don't know this Chuck Caly however it seems that this man must be dangerous to the game because there is not a place to go in game that I have not been told to stay clear. So either he is a good player who the big wigs are afraid of because of his popularity or they are prejudiced against him and I find that totally wrong and very childish.

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #2
    Old Alpha
    Joined
    Nov 08 2010
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Scorpian412 View Post
    I've been playing EU for a few months and found the game to be for the most part to be fun. I see where on the forum where there seems to be a constant removal of threads that have been made by various players. It's been my belief that the purpose of forums is to be able to voice one's opinion without ridicule and fear of being banned or tossed out of the game. In my honest opinion this is not a legit forum because it seems to be ran by one person.
    Whether posting one's opinion or what is the purpose of a forum other then getting information seems to be wrong. Instead of getting useful game information all I have seen is name calling towards different players.. I don't know this Chuck Caly however it seems that this man must be dangerous to the game because there is not a place to go in game that I have not been told to stay clear. So either he is a good player who the big wigs are afraid of because of his popularity or they are prejudiced against him and I find that totally wrong and very childish.
    Wow... that's an old story... very old story indeed.

    Best thing to do if you are afraid of the mods is start yourself up a nice little blog... and then feed it to all over the place like twitter and facebook...

    then, post links to the blog from the forums... less chance mods will kill your posts or delete them that way since they'll need to click the link themselves, and believe it or not some mods won't do that much.

    As far as Chuck goes... he blatently uses multiple avatars, trys to sell people on a scam that involves online selling of private information, etc. as far as I can tell from the story... Lets see if I can find the blog post or some interesting older threads on the topic for newer folks that may not know the history... not a lot of time right now, but here's one that's pretty relevant

    Hired assassins:
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...=1#post2568680

  4. #3
    Provider
    Joined
    Nov 08 2010
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Scorpian412 View Post
    I don't know this Chuck Caly however it seems that this man must be dangerous to the game because there is not a place to go in game that I have not been told to stay clear. So either he is a good player who the big wigs are afraid of because of his popularity or they are prejudiced against him and I find that totally wrong and very childish.
    Many people are prejudiced against scammers.

    One of the frustrating things about the various official EU forums is the policy hamstringing public recognition of scammer identities. So there will often be admin editing of related posts, removing identifying details or deleting posts altogether.

    They have the right to set and implement policy but I disagree with this one.

  5. #4
    Moderator
    Joined
    May 13 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    580
    Caly gets banned on PCF (yet again), and someone creates a new account on EF to protest

  6. #5
    Mature BlackMagicWoman's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 13 2011
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    36
    ahh, the BAN....

  7. #6
    EntropiaForum Owner/Admin 711's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 31 2006
    Location
    EntropiaForum
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Scorpian412 View Post
    see where on the forum where there seems to be a constant removal of threads that have been made by various players.
    I'm not sure where you are getting your information, but there is no 'constant removal' of threads here on EntropiaForum, nor on PCF. Can you perhaps be more specific and give an example of some threads that have been removed?

    In most cases when a thread is in violation of the forum rules, the moderators will lock the thread, or remove the offending posts. Removing threads is only used by the moderators as a last resort when a certain thread is in gross violation of the forum rules.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Scorpian412 View Post
    It's been my belief that the purpose of forums is to be able to voice one's opinion without ridicule and fear of being banned or tossed out of the game. In my honest opinion this is not a legit forum because it seems to be ran by one person.
    Once again, you seem to be severely misinformed. First of all, only one member has been banned here on EF since August of 2011.

    Also, the forum admins and moderators do not have the ability to toss anyone out of the game, and forum accounts are in no way linked to Entropia Universe avatar accounts.

    The purpose of EntropiaForum (and PCF) is indeed to allow players to share their opinions about Entropia, provided that such expression abides by the forum rules. If you choose to ignore the forum rules, your threads and posts may be edited, locked or removed by the forum staff, as the situation and severity of the rule violation dictates.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Scorpian412 View Post
    Whether posting one's opinion or what is the purpose of a forum other then getting information seems to be wrong. Instead of getting useful game information all I have seen is name calling towards different players.. I don't know this Chuck Caly however it seems that this man must be dangerous to the game because there is not a place to go in game that I have not been told to stay clear. So either he is a good player who the big wigs are afraid of because of his popularity or they are prejudiced against him and I find that totally wrong and very childish.
    I am not familiar with this person Chuck Caly you are referring to, and I can assure you that he is not receiving any kind of special treatment by the forum staff. The forum rules apply to all members of the forum equally, and the moderators do their very best to enforce the forum rules fairly and objectively.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •