Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Space Road Map

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn|MindArk View Post
    Further development of space travel and space content will be one of MindArk's bigger priorites in 2012.

I will see what I can do about providing an outline of our development plans.
    I Love Space!! Whoo Hoo Bjorn!!

2. Sponsored Links
    Woot can't wait to see the pics and info on the new development of space!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nor Alien View Post
    Woot can't wait to see the pics and info on the new development of space!!
    There should be a lot of pics coming very soon. Remember all Bjorn is really talking about is the new planets and all that MA will needing to do to add them. If all goes right, we should start to see some big space updates in the coming weeks with planet Cryene having a release date of 2.23.2012 - well website opening up anyway for registration next week.

Quote Originally Posted by OZtwo View Post
    There should be a lot of pics coming very soon. Remember all Bjorn is really talking about is the new planets and all that MA will needing to do to add them. If all goes right, we should start to see some big space updates in the coming weeks with planet Cryene having a release date of 2.23.2012 - well website opening up anyway for registration next week.
    Sweet!! It will be intresting how MA fits these planets into space!

I am hopeing that the new space is more like real space as to the where the planets revolve and more 3 dimensonal aspect of flying!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nor Alien View Post
    Sweet!! It will be intresting how MA fits these planets into space!

I am hopeing that the new space is more like real space as to the where the planets revolve and more 3 dimensonal aspect of flying!!
    I'm guessing that all new planets going into space will be at the locations of the space stations which are not really in use as of yet? But still the question here is when MA states that there are big changes coming to space, are they just talking of the new planets which will be release or is MA going to be making changes to space itself? My bet is just planet release since it sounds the best for PR. MA state that they do have big changes to space coming when at the end all they mean is that new planets and/or space stations will be added but nothing other than that.

Quote Originally Posted by OZtwo View Post
    I'm guessing that all new planets going into space will be at the locations of the space stations which are not really in use as of yet? But still the question here is when MA states that there are big changes coming to space, are they just talking of the new planets which will be release or is MA going to be making changes to space itself? My bet is just planet release since it sounds the best for PR. MA state that they do have big changes to space coming when at the end all they mean is that new planets and/or space stations will be added but nothing other than that.
    I think that they have way bigger plans then this.. it's going to be some time before it comes to light, but as for now, I have no problems with it!!

Just a matter of time. I think they're focusing on getting the new PP's up and running. Plus trying to fix other things that do plegue the universe!! Lots on the plate!!

Space Roadmap?

Hi Bjorn|MindArk

Just wondering if you could give us some insight into the progress MA is making with space? Features and issues are below;

1. Increasing the expanse of space?
    2. Development of 3D navigation, thus giving skills to pilots for just flying their ships.
    3. Increasing a central safe zone for trading while having PvP and routes to other planets on the periphery. Also allows more room for new players to safely move about.
    4. Activate all gun seats on Privateers. Currentlty only 2/6 seats can used at any one time. Also allow Privateer pilots to use a gun as well.
    5. Creation of MkII, MkIII, MkIV Sub-warp drives so Privateers can move abit faster.
    6. Incorporation of Powerful wormhole chips into space travel
    7. More spacecraft
    8. Mining in space
    9. Activation of space auction in central safe trading zone, allowing players from different planets to travel to this central safe zone and trade.
    10. The use of jumpgates
    11. Seemless space travel, and space graphics? To compete with EVE.

Space needs some major upgrades, hope you can tell us where you are up to

Cheers
    Starfinder XXI: PM me to book a flight!
    Buying: Umbranoid Paste Pot
    Metal flows through my veins!

Mature
    Hey dude, you make some really good points. I know MA is working on space, and also the privateers and motherships, to unlock more functionality; but it would be nice to have a little more info about those developments. Just a couple of points I wanted to make.

For one, space does need development and improvement, and the seamlessness you speak of would be nice; but to expect it to compete with EVE is expecting a bit much, I think. Space content is what EVE is centered on, activity of any kind outside the spacecraft is actually fairly new in that universe, from what I understand, and still represents a small percentage of game content. Space is a significant part of Entropia Universe, to be sure, but it's not the central focus as in EVE. EVE also has a monster budget. So, I think we can expect more from EU space, and I tend to believe more really is coming, but expecting it to compete with EVE would be highly optimistic, to say the least.

Also, you mentioned a central safe trading zone. Any player who simply wants to visit other planets can take all their gear, just not their materials or mined resources, and do so without any real worry. So, and this is a matter I'm sure to get a lot of disagreement on, but there should NOT be any safe pathway through space. That would actually be the death of interplanetary trading. I'm not a pirate, if you see me out in my quad you'll see it's rated as fair; but if there is zero risk in moving goods from planet to planet you can't have healthy interplanetary trade-the prices of all goods will even out between planets because anyone can move them at zero risk, and trade will be dead. MA has made some really interesting and savvy moves to stimulate such trade, such as the welding wire BP which requires Alternative Ingot from Rocktropia and Ospra Ingot from Arkadia; but even those metals have relatively small markup differences between the planets because of the existing mothership "loophole" that provides zero risk travel between planets. So, what small difference we're seeing in the markups is all going into the pockets of a few high-dollar traders and mothership owners; the latter of whom aren't even motivated to hire skilled pilots and crews for their guns and repair stations, because their passengers will be safe even if they're taken out. This allows a few players who have a lot of money to buy huge amounts of shit, so that the MS and teleportation fees are relatively negligible to them, and move it at zero risk. So, the interplanetary trade market is not near as lucrative as it could be, and is unfairly tipped to the advantage of MS owners and passengers over people who want to use other means of space travel. I'm not knocking the MS owners or passengers one bit; they're simply doing what is smartest for them given the market and the situation that currently exist, and I'm proud to be a part-time crew member of the Kronan. However, if that loophole through lootable PvP were removed, interplanetary trade would actually become more lucrative, as markup differences between goods on different planets would rise as everyone had to take their fair share of risk to transport them. MS owners could even benefit because those who actually cared to upgrade their ships and maintain competent crews could actually charge more for their services, rather than being forced to compete with those who didn't. Even planet-bound players would see a benefit as some of the items that they looted or mined went up in value. So, to my mind, we don't need a safe travel route through space. Quite the opposite, we need the safe travel loophole that exists in what is supposed to be entirely lootable space to close. That way everyone would have to shoulder their fair share of the risk burden, and that risk would actually be worthwhile because there would be real profits to be made. That is the way forward for healthy interplanetary trade. Plus, in the end, even considering the unique money factor of EU; it's still a game, and a game with zero risk isn't very exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn|MindArk View Post
    Further development of space travel and space content will be one of MindArk's bigger priorites in 2012.

I will see what I can do about providing an outline of our development plans.
    Hello Bjorn,

i have been submitting a load of support cases over this year and im sure many oters did the same with suggestions on how to fix certain bugs in space , solve current issues and how to improve it with the original stated purpose of space in mind. We have done pretty much all we can do to help getting space forward.
    There is so many little things (gunning range, gunner seats, space crits, mob maturities, denser spawns, weight limitations, remove of stackable transports when logged out, privateer/mothership rebalancing, etc.) that would have a huge impact on all of space and really wont take much development work.

It would be really great to get even just a little bone on how things will move on and what we can expect and how soon

Thanks for your time.
    John Black Knight
    Admiral Titans of Space Starfleet (ToS Normandie & ToS Ark Royal)
    <a href=http://www.titans-of-space.com target=_blank>http://www.titans-of-space.com</a>

LOL JBK we won't get a respose. Unless there is going to be the mother of all updates, VU13 with Taming, Avatar upgrades, Space upgrades etc I doubt anything will happen in space.
    VU13 will be the turning point for EU for 2013. Either VU13 will be amazing and we will all breath a sigh of relief or it will be a let down and their will be a problem...
    Starfinder XXI: PM me to book a flight!
    Buying: Umbranoid Paste Pot
    Metal flows through my veins!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast