Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: estates

Provider
    There are no monthly fees that you have to pay to keep an estate deed and its land. However, on some of the planets shops and appartments still require monthly fees to use them and if you plan to have mobs on your land areas you will need to use fertilizer.

In my personal opinion it is definately worth it to buy 1 calypso land plot deed, but no more than that unless you can afford to spend the money and not care if you loose it. you don't need 9 deeds to get land, you are entitled to a square plot of land (that you may be able to get when MA works on implimenting it) for each land deed. You just need 9 in a 3x3 square plot to have enough land space to be able to build a house on it. So far as MA has told us the land deeds also won't be the same as the traditional land areas. So far as we know we won't be able to spawn mobs on the land or take taxes, but who knows what MA has planned.

2. Sponsored Links
    Old Alpha
    Quote Originally Posted by Elford View Post
    There's no monthly fees anymore.
    no monthly fees ON CALYPSO.. Last I remember, other planets might have monthly fees on their estates.

There are no monthly fees that you have to pay to keep an estate deed and its land. However, on some of the planets shops and appartments still require monthly fees to use them and if you plan to have mobs on your land areas you will need to use fertilizer.
    Last I read, Calypso and Arkadia have no monthly fees... Rocktropia and Next Island still does have them though I think.

If you do have a monthly fee place, all it does is lock up the place so you can't get inside if the monthly fee is not paid. You DON'T lose the estate deed if you don't pay the fee... so it becomes like a locked storage chest for your stuff in the apartment, etc.... pay the fee to unlock the door.

Mature
    On the Land Lots, I had a question. Anyone know how often they pay out? I bought a couple of them, then logged out, it's been about a week sense logging in and I'm still at 0.00 PED (I withdrew all the peds from my card and banked them so I could watch as I earn PED from the land lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
    On the Land Lots, I had a question. Anyone know how often they pay out? I bought a couple of them, then logged out, it's been about a week sense logging in and I'm still at 0.00 PED (I withdrew all the peds from my card and banked them so I could watch as I earn PED from the land lots.
    The weekly payouts from the CLD's happen early Monday mornings MA time.

The payout shows in the PED Flow Centre (icon for this can be found in the Action Library ingame).

The balance in the PED Flow Centre remains there until it is manually transferred to your PED Card.

Mature
    Quote Originally Posted by Serica View Post
    The weekly payouts from the CLD's happen early Monday mornings MA time.

The payout shows in the PED Flow Centre (icon for this can be found in the Action Library ingame).

The balance in the PED Flow Centre remains there until it is manually transferred to your PED Card.
    Thanks! I would have never figured that one out on my own

Hatchling
    AND the % they give is MUCH MORE than a real life bank!

Quote Originally Posted by shy1 View Post
    AND the % they give is MUCH MORE than a real life bank!
    Really?

If you get the current payout for ~3.5 years, you'll have your initial investment back (1000 PED), which means you didn't earn a single PEC yet.

The is NO guarantee whatsoever that your initial investment is safe and that you'll be able to sell the CLD for the 1000 PED you paid.

Seriously, use your brain before posting such statements, i promise it won't hurt.
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Provider
    The investment return for the deeds is an expected 20-30% return/year. The average bank return is somewhere around 3-7% per year if I remember right. Thusly, shy1's statement is correct in saying that the return percent is much more than a real life bank. Also, there is no guarantee that you will get your money back by investing in a bank either. There is a much higher precentage of guarantee, but there are many crooks in the world and there is always a chance nomatter how small that your bank invested money will be stolen by someone in the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by FlorencioNineWind View Post
    The investment return for the deeds is an expected 20-30% return/year. The average bank return is somewhere around 3-7% per year if I remember right. Thusly, shy1's statement is correct in saying that the return percent is much more than a real life bank. Also, there is no guarantee that you will get your money back by investing in a bank either. There is a much higher precentage of guarantee, but there are many crooks in the world and there is always a chance nomatter how small that your bank invested money will be stolen by someone in the bank.
    Ok, i will type SLOWLY now, because you still do not understand:

If you give your bank 100$, they will pay you 3-7% per year.

Which means after 1 year you will get 105$ back (assuming 5% interest)
    After 4 years you have 121.55$ (assuming 5% and that you don't take the interests out)

This is NOT what happens here.

You GIVE them the 100$, you BUY something for these bucks - those 100$ ARE GONE!

After 1 year you have 25$ back (assuming 25% ROI)
    After 4 years you have 100$ back (assuming 25% and that you just let the paid out cash sit there) - which means after 4 years you will have your investment back... after another year you are at 125$, and pretty much at the same value as the 100$ in the example above - AFTER that it is a good investment - if MA still exists...

And yes, if it's just money on your bank account, it IS safe - that is EXACTLY what happens all the time atm - don't you read newspaper?

A bank will never just go *poof* and your cash is gone (unless you've been investing in shares or even more risky things), a small company like MA in contrast COULD just cease to exist, with NO COMPENSATION for your shares whatsoever.

And stolen? If a bank gets robbed, the money on your account is STILL SAFE.
    Are you just trolling here, this point you made is so absurd, i lack words...

I know, everyone who bought CLDs does NOT want to hear that, but it is the bloody truth.
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12