Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hatchling

Number of alts or starting over...

Was just wondering if it is possible to have alts on Entropia, that is more than 1 character?

Or if that's not possible can you delete your current character and start over with a new one?

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyta View Post
    Was just wondering if it is possible to have alts on Entropia, that is more than 1 character?

Or if that's not possible can you delete your current character and start over with a new one?
    Your only allowed one character per person.. You will have to get ahold of MA through support and ask them to deleat your existing character before you can start a new one.. But it is possible.

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to start a new character?

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by Nor Alien View Post
    Your only allowed one character per person.. You will have to get ahold of MA through support and ask them to deleat your existing character before you can start a new one.. But it is possible.

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to start a new character?
    Because simply put I have no idea what character I want to make.
    I mean what if I don't like the name after a week or does something else that I'm unhappy with and regret and just want to make a do over.
    It's kind of a harsh learning curve for noobs if everything is trial and error and like in RL you can't go back and start over.

It's kind of a harsh learning curve for noobs if everything is trial and error and like in RL you can't go back and start over.
    Thats why you should find a good mentor to help you NOT make those mistakes we all already have done

Banned
    * It is possible to change your name by contacting support.
    * you can modify your appearence via ingame professions. Some are skilling and proposing haircuts, body modifications, even face modifications.
    * (not to mention clothes that are easily purchased, resold via auctions or in shops)

Because simply put I have no idea what character I want to make.
    I mean what if I don't like the name after a week or does something else that I'm unhappy with and regret and just want to make a do over.
    Well that is up to you to decide. But as others have said, there are other options. Either way, Gl to you and most importantly have fun!!

Oh and welcome to the universe...

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny ferr View Post
    Thats why you should find a good mentor to help you NOT make those mistakes we all already have done
    Can a mentor send me freely between planets?

Because while looks obviously can be altered (what about gender btw?) the first thing you as a new player have to make is choose which planet to go to and the information you get in game about the four different planets is just enough for you to understand that the planets are different.
    So basically as a player you're forced to choose between a purple slurpee, a green slurpee, a red slurpee and an orange slurpee without knowing what flavour they are or if you even like that flavour.
    And once you have made your choice you're stuck with it even if you find out that you hate the flavour.

It's the same thing with choosing which planet because I'll assume (and if I'm wrong please correct me) there isn't free travel for newbs between the planets.
    So if you pick a planet (basically at random) and realize that you've made a mistake, that mistake is irrevocable.
    You're either forced to play on the planet you don't like for however long it takes to earn PEDs for a ride to another planet or you'll forced to make a deposit and pay real money to fix your mistake.

Now I don't have anything against having to pay money to play a game or to buy stuff in the game. I do however have a problem being forced to pay money because I made a mistake.
    In fact, the action of being forced to pay money when you do something wrong has it's own word. It's called a fine and is usually regarded as a punishment.

That's why I'd like the ability to either make alts or start over because I don't want to get punished for making irrevocable choices.
    In fact, in a game I don't want to be forced to make any irrevocable choices at all, especially ones the risk affecting my real life.
    In all games you're forced to make choices but generally if one of those choices proves to be an error the player always have to opportunity to trying again by starting over and see if he can avoid making the same bad choices, and the player can do so without any consequences.

This is basically the essence behind the theory of magic circle (which while the definition of what a game is are usually vague, it's generally agreed that the magic circle is a major part of that definition).
    That for something to be a game it has to be surrounded by a magic circle that protects the player(s) from having their in game actions spread out of the game and affect them negatively in the real world too.
    That's said to be a major part of why games are fun because the player(s) knows that they are allowed to make bad choices without getting punished for them.

Now to wind down this game theoretical rant and to get to a point.

If the second major choice in EU, that which planet to join, can affect you the player so adversely that you either stuck somewhere you don't think it's fun to be stuck at or directly effect you in the real world by forcing you to use real currency to "fix" the the error of your choice then I submit to you that there are no magic circle surrounding EU.

And without a magic circle one can argue that there are no game. A virtual world interlinked with ours yes but it should not be seen as a game.

So that's why I want alts or the possibility of a do over because that's the only way in a persistent world to ensure the existence of a magic circle.

Mature
    I really don't understand why we aren't allowed more then 1 character or account, honestly. The more characters I have means the more money I have to deposit to play. Seems like a win/win for me and MA both!

Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
    I really don't understand why we aren't allowed more then 1 character or account, honestly. The more characters I have means the more money I have to deposit to play. Seems like a win/win for me and MA both!
    There are many reasons why alts are a bad idea. The main one on the MA side being farming. EU is a real cash economy game so everything deals with money. If you were allowed to create multiple alts then you could farm free ingame items such as the free items you get from tutorial island. By doing that you could get tons of money easy and not have to worry about depositing or sweating. there are also other things that you could farm from the game and if you had multiple computers it would make it easier for you to get sweat. Basically only having 1 ava makes sure that everyone plays by the same rules and you can't get money easy without depositing.

The main reason on the player side of things is scamming. The more alts you have the easier it is for you to scam other players out of their money. By only allowing one ava per person everyone knows who they are talking to.

Provider
    [QUOTE=Scyta;2583964]Can a mentor send me freely between planets?QUOTE]

A mentor could if he/she wanted to, but really it is relatively cheap to travel between planets these days. sleipnirs, thruster, and fuel don't cost hardly anything and even a freeplayer can build up the money for them relatively quickly. You don't really need to worry about it anyways because the only planet you should start on is Calypso. Calypso has the largest player base and the largest economy so it will be the easiest for people to start off on. The other planets are nice to visit, but only after you have gotten used to the game. Next Island is almost completely desserted and Arkadia and Rocktropia only have half the economy of calypso on good days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast