Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    Young
    Joined
    Jan 28 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    13
    Some have left, some others came.

    Some of those who left still have their accounts and log in every here and then, just to ensure account won´t get purged.
    Those ones surely will be back, if they see the improvements they are looking for.

    Far away from dead!

    Land is bigger, new planets aswell. More places to visit, so it feels less populated, but it isn´t.

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #12
    Mature
    Joined
    Jul 01 2011
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Stave Petty View Post
    If anything eu is better for non wealthy players than ever before, and still steadily expanding.
    Why do you say that?

    I get 0 globals from few thousand peds ammo standard now, around 50% return, so i'd say only for the wealthy yeah?

    Expanding? Some leaving, some coming back, some new, but not expanding (because Arkadia didn't get shops they asked because MindArk said it's linked to amount of players).

  4. #13
    Dominant Roni's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 02 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by tatao View Post
    Why do you say that?

    I get 0 globals from few thousand peds ammo standard now, around 50% return, so i'd say only for the wealthy yeah?
    That tells more about your way of living in EU then about the population in EU. Don't use this thread to vent your own anger on something that you solely are responsable for. And to be honest, I think you are doing something terribly wrong if it's true what you say. Not to mention the fact that using globals as a reference of the quality of this virtual world is the stupidest thing I can think of. It's the typical gambling approach...and in that case you ALWAYS lose.

    [/QUOTE] Expanding? Some leaving, some coming back, some new, but not expanding (because Arkadia didn't get shops they asked because MindArk said it's linked to amount of players).[/QUOTE]

    If it's true what you say, and it does sound valid, it just seems Arkadia hasn't reached yet the treshold of amount of players that gives the planet owners the "right" to have shops on the planet. I was on Arkadia shortly after launch and yes, it was quiet for some months, but lately I'm there again and some places are brimming with activity...I see a big difference and I believe that the increase of Arkadians is eminent and will even get better in the future.

    If you're preassumption is incorrect it might have to do with the fact that some systems, as shops, simple have not been introduced to Arkadia yet. I'm not part of the A-team....so I can't tell. All I know is that the Ark dev team have been working tremendously hard to improve the newplayer experience with new missions and tweaking the loot balance on mining and hunting. I can say this from experience.

    Again, the existence of shops on Arkadia doesn't seem like a real reference to me to growth of the population. What I do see is that when I first visited Celeste Quarry it just was a tp and a mobile center. Now there are 2 or 3 sections with all the terminals some shopkeepers and a expanding resources in the auction. Not to mention the brimming of traders, crafters, miners, hunters and pilots. AHR having parties there and the Normandie MS being there on a regular basis to bring and take passengers.

    You actually been on Arkadia btw?

    Regards, Roni
    Last edited by Roni; 02-17-2012 at 11:08.

  5. #14
    Dominant
    Joined
    Aug 09 2011
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by tatao View Post
    I get 0 globals from few thousand peds ammo standard now, around 50% return, so i'd say only for the wealthy yeah?
    I think you should examine the way you play, maybe your skills, weapons, armor, mobs, and technique are not matched. As Roni said, chasing globals or hofs is not a good way to play economically.

    Expanding? Some leaving, some coming back, some new, but not expanding (because Arkadia didn't get shops they asked because MindArk said it's linked to amount of players).
    Not at all. Arkadia is expanding. New players are showing up at the quarry in their spiffy new green Carapace outfits all the time. There may be a few traders from other planets and some hair stylists etc. who can't work on Arkadia without shops, but to everyone else, the lack of shops isn't a huge issue (though that doesn't mean we won't be excited when they do come out!). Right now, Arkadia has 6 sales booths. All stocked with useful items.

    That said, full-sized shops are in the pipeline and should be out very soon. Arkadia Studios has the permission to release shops, but they are exterminating some final bugs before releasing them. I'm sure those who owned buggy shops on Calypso will agree that it's a bad idea to release them if they still have bugs.

  6. #15
    Old
    Joined
    Sep 10 2011
    Posts
    96

    Well now...

    First of all I think EU has always been for wealthy or lucky players, and since MA hss provided no stabile way of income yet, then what we're looking at, is nothing short but a deathsailor.

    EU is a dead end for business life, the only way to manage, is by participating in scamming other players for an extra dime. Without a proper economical infrastructure, this game is eating itself by the numbers. MA is the only ones earning a fair dime, and it is on the backs of its users of EU, also MA have not provided any real means of a business life, nor have they come up with ways for people to earn money on there concept, EU is dead to everyone who comes to earn money, EU is dead to anyone who is not interested in participating in a large scale scam or con of MA way of progression.

    Sincerely: The NN.

  7. #16
    Guardian saradu's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 21 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    312
    When I first started EU I was born on Arkadia. It pretty much was as Roni stated and yes it was void of many things. Today we spend more time there, there are more people and more things going on. It looks promising. As far as EU eating money, well I will agree I do find it costly but I am having fun so. I do wish things were a little cheaper or things didn't break that need repairs etc, but I see it also that if I don't like it here I can leave, I don't have a gun to my head (hmmm well maybe I do or a sword, LMAO). I sure as heck did not come here to make money, but I would like to see that I don't throw too much into it to enjoy myself as well. It's an interesting situation I will say.

    And I think it is safe to say we all get something different out of being here.
    Have a lovely day everyone......
    Mrs. Roni RL Jan 21, 2014
    Started EU 11-02-2011


  8. #17
    Old Alpha Nor Alien's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 02 2010
    Location
    Constant state of flux!!
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by saradu View Post
    When I first started EU I was born on Arkadia. It pretty much was as Roni stated and yes it was void of many things. Today we spend more time there, there are more people and more things going on. It looks promising. As far as EU eating money, well I will agree I do find it costly but I am having fun so. I do wish things were a little cheaper or things didn't break that need repairs etc, but I see it also that if I don't like it here I can leave, I don't have a gun to my head (hmmm well maybe I do or a sword, LMAO). I sure as heck did not come here to make money, but I would like to see that I don't throw too much into it to enjoy myself as well. It's an interesting situation I will say.

    And I think it is safe to say we all get something different out of being here.
    Have a lovely day everyone......
    Excellent post.

    In the end people need to see if they are getting what they want out of the game. If they are not, then take a break. If after the break, they are still not happy, then it's time to reconsider why they are even here.

    In the end, is it worth it to become so frustrated that every time you log on you are screaming at the monitor??!! It's just not worth your happiness or mental health. Move on and find something that does give you joy.

    Gl to you and have fun!!

  9. #18
    Provider raxxor's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 17 2011
    Location
    Sweden, Göteborg
    Posts
    176
    I can more than assure you that there are player in the game meeting new joiners all the time! only thing is now that there are 4 planets, which means ppl are spread. Also I know that some ppl are only logging on when they have got peds to go for big rounds or keep hunting 24/7.
    Raxxor

  10. #19
    Provider Spawn's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 09 2010
    Posts
    131
    with the new distribution of loot, it's far from dead.. you can hunt chirpies now, and they give loot! It's a turn for the better.

  11. #20
    Old
    Joined
    Sep 10 2011
    Posts
    96

    Is that so?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nor Alien View Post
    Excellent post.

    In the end people need to see if they are getting what they want out of the game. If they are not, then take a break. If after the break, they are still not happy, then it's time to reconsider why they are even here.

    In the end, is it worth it to become so frustrated that every time you log on you are screaming at the monitor??!! It's just not worth your happiness or mental health. Move on and find something that does give you joy.

    Gl to you and have fun!!
    I still think MindArk ought to take responsibility for the users own interests, rather than that of covering up a con, how do they plea? I think it is marco who once said, why fix it when it is not broken?

    Now let me be so frank to correct Marco in that statement, see I still don't think that a game that denies people there satisfaction, is a game for the users, it may be by the users, however not for them, should we then leave? just because MindArk has chosen to scam all of us?

    I think it would be more prudent for MindArk, to actually take some fucking responsibility for once, rather than milking every user, for every dime invested into interests, interests in applying satisfaction to there own good feel and selfesteem, If you ask me, MindArk has made a game that is a crime of a more psychological nature. It is nothing more but greed in the ugliest of forms.

    Sincerely: Freelanced Gaming Agent, The Nocturnal Navigator.
    Last edited by The NN; 02-28-2012 at 16:26.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •