Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 88
  1. #21
    Banned
    Joined
    Nov 08 2010
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    274
    I hope all this will help, am the only one trying to for now hahaha
    Well, if you take the decision to go to ancient greece next weeks, know that i am there for some time too hehe

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #22
    Mature
    Joined
    Jan 04 2011
    Posts
    43
    paramedic is something I work on when I can by healing for decay + by being on ark the skill gains abit higher than caly.

    Never really got the hang of swords without lossing alot so I got the TT sword maxed and left it at that.

    Didn't like the thought of going to greece just for the fact there isn't much ped in the loot system (or so i think)

    I like Blp guns but never use them I don't see the point on wasting ped on a skill im not gonna use, would be different if I had the ped to try it but sad to say its just not gonna happen anytime soon.
    Plus the MU on that dante amp is unreal high for my ped balance.
    I get my p5a's at TT price some nice crafters ingame hehe ). paying over 100ped extra on a svempa X1 (L) gun doesn't seem worth it to me.

    eye I beleave the more skill u get the less loot u get thats why I sweat (most times) before going hunting to cut down the skill gain atleast on my defence.

    My mentor put me off SIB guns, says its not worth doing as much now as it used to be becuase of changes MA the nabs made to the loot system.

    Had a close mate use SIB from his first day playing till like 2months ago when he ran out of ped (over 6kpeds), might of been bad playing on his behalf but im unsure what went wrong with his player all I know is that it was a loss after loss doing SIB for him.

    I hunt around players alot of the time and the loot can go both ways, its nice when others are on the screen when u global/hof really pisses them off lol <- works the other way to :P

  4. #23
    Dominant Roni's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 02 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    429
    Hey Coolboy,

    Been reading your posts with much interest. I do recognise some of your frustrations. I think Edward has some good points. It's hard to grasp the idea but his analogy hits bulls eye. Whenever I reached that point you're at now in the past I seriously analysed my way of hunting. I suck at maths so I had to do it the hard way: trial and error. Now what I'm gonna say is not to critise you but some food for thought.

    First of all: the fact that you have to FAP yourself 2-5 times per mob is NOT a good sign. Consider this: everytime you have to FAP yourself the mob will regen...that's especially bad with high regen mob's like atrox. Try to avoid that.

    Second: don't overprotect yourself. It's cool to have 20 atrox banging your head and only have 1 point damage each time (I know) but you will pay the bill on decay afterwards. Good evade skills and a simpler armor (plated) might lower the bills. Even L armor might turn out more eco.

    Third: Don't over amp your gun. And a little secret here: Calypso weapons aren't necesarely the most eco anymore. Experiment with the crafted CAP series from Ark and tune down on the amps. Ofc there is a matter of taste.

    So again, no critism here, just food for thought. If a hunting style doesnt't work out: adapt and try new ways. Another thing you might consider, maybe you do that allready, don't hunt to get globs or HoF's.......hunt mobs that loot stuff that is interesting for the market. Maybe even team up if the mob is too hard to hunt solo. Basicly: skilling cost money...see it as an investment..not a goal.

    cheers, Roni
    Last edited by Roni; 02-22-2012 at 10:48.

  5. #24
    Guardian Jennson's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 02 2010
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by 1coolboy8 View Post
    accuracy enhancer

    p5a/a104 or a105 depending on how much penatration i need.
    & bullseye 3, bullseye 4, longreach 1 on

    ...+eco enhancers

    ... with defense enhancers

    ... all my setup enhancers do go onto the p5a/p4a when the tier opens up.
    Favourite mob: Atrox

    You feed the system with MU, but love to hunt a mob with almost no MU AND the wrong gun for a 1k HP mob+fast regen. Imho that'S why you are losing.

    Tbh i am surprised it went well for such a long time which it obviously did for you.

  6. #25
    Mature
    Joined
    Jan 04 2011
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Roni View Post
    Hey Coolboy,

    Been reading your posts with much interest. I do recognise some of your frustrations. I think Edward has some good points. It's hard to grasp the idea but his analogy hits bulls eye. Whenever I reached that point you're at now in the past I seriously analysed my way of hunting. I suck at maths so I had to do it the hard way: trial and error. Now what I'm gonna say is not to critise you but some food for thought.

    First of all: the fact that you have to FAP yourself 2-5 times per mob is NOT a good sign. Consider this: everytime you have to FAP yourself the mob will regen...that's especially bad with high regen mob's like atrox. Try to avoid that.

    Second: don't overprotect yourself. It's cool to have 20 atrox banging your head and only have 1 point damage each time (I know) but you will pay the bill on decay afterwards. Good evade skills and a simpler armor (plated) might lower the bills. Even L armor might turn out more eco.

    Third: Don't over amp your gun. And a little secret here: Calypso weapons aren't necesarely the most eco anymore. Experiment with the crafted CAP series from Ark and tune down on the amps. Ofc there is a matter of taste.

    So again, no critism here, just food for thought. If a hunting style doesnt't work out: adapt and try new ways. Another thing you might consider, maybe you do that allready, don't hunt to get globs or HoF's.......hunt mobs that loot stuff that is interesting for the market. Maybe even team up if the mob is too hard to hunt solo. Basicly: skilling cost money...see it as an investment..not a goal.

    cheers, Roni
    eye man sorry I wasn't really clear on the amount of faps per mob and what mob it was on.
    Atrox young - 0
    mature - 1
    old - 1/2
    provider - 2/3

    Providers I wouldn't really take unlease its in my way :p
    20 trox u mad? haha na man thats why I have the sniper cuts agro down a good bit and my grunt armor holds out for 1 maybe 2 youngs and no more.

    The 4/5 heals where on Madana Old / Providers, Didn't take many of the providers just for that fact needing to heal so much.

    Remember now that I hof'ed on a Madana Old & did well before I hof'ed, With the same setup.
    Problems started after the Hof.

    I'v tryed some cap guns already I use the TT cap-101 as a finisher when hunting, used cap-202 and cap-404. They are very nice guns with plenty penetration on them before amping
    only problem I have with these sort of guns is the MU is it worth the MU?
    like common the lowest on auction is +74ped over the TT price. thats mad money to make back, never mind trying to break even with the way the system is setup by MA.

    theres good loot? now i know your going mad... :p all i see is oil after oil

    agro with there iron stone a great one but im almost done the 10k mission and dont really wanna try bigger ones till my defence skills are alot higher.

    robots i know drop stones worth a good bit of MU but I hate robots,
    Just dont like the thought of something shotting me back and can't move they way I would in call of duty lol

    hunting for hof's/globals (In my mind) is the best way man I don't seem to get these good loots that ppl say or show they have gotten.

    I solo hunt because no one that I hunt with has the same setup or doesn't know what way I like hunting. Like some hunters pick there loot up right away i heal if needed wait abit then loot, maybe even pull a mob over before looting but heh everyone has there own hunting style.


    A investment is putting money aside in a bank (Like this game is apost to be A BANK! or atleast has a banking thingy)
    sounds great if I don't have to keep investing over the investment so its not really a investment lol


    Quote Originally Posted by Jennson View Post
    Favourite mob: Atrox

    You feed the system with MU, but love to hunt a mob with almost no MU AND the wrong gun for a 1k HP mob+fast regen. Imho that'S why you are losing.

    Tbh i am surprised it went well for such a long time which it obviously did for you.
    well take u missed the bit when I sayed i get my p5a's at TT price :p not putting any MU into atrox, Just TT value.

    hate atrox I want the 1k Nova fragments reward rofl omg what im i saying... f*** * MA and your shit rewards.. get them updated!
    No one think the problem with getting new player to join is the lack of rewards on these big missions? damn i see it and im stoned almost 24/7 who wants to kill 5k atrox or other mobs missions for novas as a reward.....

    My Favourite mob atm or atleast was till this crap looting started was the Manada just because i hit the hof and many globals on them in a short time.
    21 globals and 1 hof in 3 weeks off and on hunting them.



    I'm gonna have to retry a cap-404 with a104 if Ed says its cool :P
    was way way to stoned when using the cap-404 so not really sure what was going on when hunting with it
    Last edited by 1coolboy8; 02-22-2012 at 16:45.

  7. #26
    Young
    Joined
    Jan 25 2012
    Posts
    18
    Just my two pecs here i think alot of good points have been sugested but i agree though the p5a is a great weapon i would agree the 104 or 105 is the wrong choice to pair with it so many different variables exist that all are tricky and some of it is just luck imo but maybe u should look at different mobs trox set ups work on many mobs that are a little easier on the budget i myself like to hunt mobs that dont have alot of different spawns because and here is one of those theories ed was talking about ... the loot pool for a mob that has 50 spawns is probably shared with all the mobs in those 50 spawn areas so atrox having thousands of active mobs alive at all times vs a mob with fewer actice mobs the loot on trox is gonna be worse (again just theory but it works for me) granted u do see trox hof/global even ath alot but u gotta ask how many have just been killed and had no loot vs that one person who we saw in the chat box i peraonally think trox are a loosing mob feel free to disagree or not listen but i think u are focusing on the wrong mob


    Ps lmao about the ticket

  8. #27
    Guardian Jennson's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 02 2010
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by 1coolboy8 View Post
    ...
    hunting for hof's/globals (In my mind) is the best way man I don't seem to get these good loots that ppl say or show they have gotten.

    ...
    well take u missed the bit when I sayed i get my p5a's at TT price :p not putting any MU into atrox, Just TT value.
    to point 1. You never ever will profit in TT return over the long run, no matter how many globals & HOFs you get. Globals and HOFs are only an indicator for spending.

    point 2 The MU is not in the gun, but in the lot of enhancers you use as quoted.

    point 3 compare cost to kill Atrox young with p5a and higher dps setups.

    point4
    an amp does not reduce your HA. It lowers the effective MU ( if ul ) per damage inflicted

    point5
    When you don't want to adapt with the suggestions you get, why did you make the post in the first place ?
    Last edited by Jennson; 02-23-2012 at 09:21.

  9. #28
    Mature
    Joined
    Jan 04 2011
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity star View Post
    Just my two pecs here i think alot of good points have been sugested but i agree though the p5a is a great weapon i would agree the 104 or 105 is the wrong choice to pair with it so many different variables exist that all are tricky and some of it is just luck imo but maybe u should look at different mobs trox set ups work on many mobs that are a little easier on the budget i myself like to hunt mobs that dont have alot of different spawns because and here is one of those theories ed was talking about ... the loot pool for a mob that has 50 spawns is probably shared with all the mobs in those 50 spawn areas so atrox having thousands of active mobs alive at all times vs a mob with fewer actice mobs the loot on trox is gonna be worse (again just theory but it works for me) granted u do see trox hof/global even ath alot but u gotta ask how many have just been killed and had no loot vs that one person who we saw in the chat box i peraonally think trox are a loosing mob feel free to disagree or not listen but i think u are focusing on the wrong mob


    Ps lmao about the ticket
    I go by facts when it comes down to hunting a mob look at this
    Hunting Per Capita Globals
    Mob name / Globals pr hunter
    Leviathan 2.13
    Atrox 1.62
    Allophyl 1.35
    Feffoid 1.17

    as you can see atrox not that bad of a mob or apost to be not lol atrox isn't my number one target i hunt around 3-6 different mobs per day with same shit returns and after soc mates saying there getting them same shit 50% reutns (If lucky) on others mobs that I dont even hunt.

    I got to ask myself WTF is MA playing at.

    I use Entropia Tracker (all unlocked) to help me when hunting, Always worked in the past.

    But today iv been told now by a few since the last update loot and changed so it isn't just me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennson View Post
    to point 1. You never ever will profit in TT return over the long run, no matter how many globals & HOFs you get. Globals and HOFs are only an indicator for spending.
    point 2 The MU is not in the gun, but in the lot of enhancers you use as quoted.
    point 3 compare cost to kill Atrox young with p5a and higher dps setups.
    point4
    an amp does not reduce your HA. It lowers the effective MU ( if ul ) per damage inflicted
    point5
    When you don't want to adapt with the suggestions you get, why did you make the post in the first place ?

    Indicator for spending??
    Well isn't this the point of hunting? u loss say 60ped so you get 60ped global with the hope for something with MU to auction??

    dude your while for thinking im getting fucked over by MU on the gun at the start and now the enhancers.. the enhancers I use I get at 110% and isn't counted into the return at the end of the hunt so stop thinking its about MU that i use.

    dude I dont have a clue what way you hunt the way your talking u need to kill it faster... this has never been the case with me or others around me or soc mates its always the more ped/time u put into the mob the better the return. Well not all the time there is a limit
    (Never longer than 30secs/mob)
    adapting to lossing ped? sounds fun... for your info going after a thoery isn't what i had in mind... AS i did say I was looking facts on whats wrong.. and everything you have posted atm is incorrect about what setup I had going.
    you sayed i was lossing because I payed MU on the p5a and I told u I got them at TT price.. then u sayed I was lossing because on MU on enhancers when there not even added at the end of the hunt, then u tell me atrox a bad mob when there is FACTS there a good mob.

    im looking to adapt on facts not theorys
    and yes i did change my gun, I got a cap-404 and tryed it yesterday before these 2 post where made and lost 80ped on a 250ped hunt, this is when the system was giving out and not taking so it seems to be something MA have done.
    Last edited by 1coolboy8; 02-23-2012 at 11:30.

  10. #29
    Mature
    Joined
    Jan 04 2011
    Posts
    43
    I'll add my missions so u can see what I hunt the most.
    Im on ark atm so here is this planets missions.
    Oro Stage 5 - 2572 of 12000 easy mob not doing to bad on the loot.
    Oweko stage 2 - 207 of 400 always a t10 healer with me. been bad looting since update.
    Scoria Stage 2 - 0 of 400 big loss! 1 globals after 3 kills and not a good looter after, alot of loss on this mob.
    Madana stage 4 - 789 of 4800 love this mob or did....
    Total missions completed: 38


    I'll add caly missions when I return later today. give me 3 hours im taking my sleipnir lol

  11. #30
    Banned
    Joined
    Nov 08 2010
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    274
    Your conclusions from tracker stats and entropedia are wrong: tracker doesn't take under consideration if you are at a stage in your EU life, where you have to be in the lower or the higher glide slope if you think with my analogy.
    Statistics you can find on web are more or less for average players, some that are in the lower glide slope, some that are in the higher glide slope. (or even worst, stats are supposedly for lvl100 players)

    For example, the dmg/sec you can find on any gun in entropedia is not the real dmg/sec. the dmg/sec you will get with any gun will depend on your skills, maxed or not, it will be different as your skills increases.

    As I mentionned earlier in the thread, some of my society members don't understand, like you are not understanding, then one day, probably shortly after an unlock, a candle will light up in your head and will understand other things from this thread than what you are understanding now.

    (my 2 pecs)

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •