Hatchling

Question What melee weapon to skill?

(Hope this is the right thread to post in, it is about weapons after all)

I want to do some skilling in a melee "profession" while hunting, but I am having somewhat trouble figuring out what type of melee weapon to settle for.

Longblades/Axes: They seem to have some decent eco weapons higher up in level, however they are slow and compensate for it by hitting hard, so not very eco in my opinion, when hunting low-medium level mobs (Argonauts, Cornuns, etc)

Shortblade: No clue haven't really tried em out, according to the info on entropedia though they seem to be decent and rather eco at higher levels.

Powerfist: Tried this out last night, like the fast hitting low dmg output, since you don't waste any damage on low level mobs, biggest issue I have here is that there seems to be a major shortage of power fists at early levels. (Upside is, the Argonaut claws seem to be very eco)

Mace: Not a clue tbh.

I have very low skill in melee, power fist which is probably the one I am going for I have 12dmg/5hit. (Pretty much the same in all other melee weapon types).

So where are all the low level melee weapons? I had to search every mall and the auction to find 2,5 chikara mudra mk.II (L) (one was badly damaged already). Have people stopped crafting low end melee weapons or am I simply in the wrong place? Loughling Smacker I/II would work too, but the only ones I could find was III.

Anyways I am rambling on, if anyone has any tips on what type of melee weapon I should skill (and why) I'd appreciate it, also if you can direct med to where I can find a weapon to work with that would be good. (I know about the SiB charts btw, but most of them seems to be outdated).

2. Sponsored Links
    Guardian
    I use a kesmek slo on merp young, the damage it deals is just about right for the merp youngs HP.

Merps are also rather good for skilling.

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by Stave Petty View Post
    I use a kesmek slo on merp young, the damage it deals is just about right for the merp youngs HP.

Merps are also rather good for skilling.
    Thank you appreciate the feedback.

Old
    in the same trend, i recently completed the Bukin's blade quest and repaired it, however, i only ever had a longblade. i'm not planning on starting that up again but i want a knife as a third weapon option. or atleast for the fun of it. this Bukins blade is slightly too high level for a beginners blade. i can only do 3/5 of the attacks per minute and i'm lacking 1 dmg of the total. what should i do? should i start offf with a survival enblade untill the bukins blade suits me?
    Play for the fun of it and may lootius be with you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Skatan View Post
    in the same trend, i recently completed the Bukin's blade quest and repaired it, however, i only ever had a longblade. i'm not planning on starting that up again but i want a knife as a third weapon option. or atleast for the fun of it. this Bukins blade is slightly too high level for a beginners blade. i can only do 3/5 of the attacks per minute and i'm lacking 1 dmg of the total. what should i do? should i start offf with a survival enblade untill the bukins blade suits me?
    Currently i am on ark to skill shortblade on Arkadia's Carabok mission. Although i am skilled enough to use a bigger blade ( 31 hit 34 dmg ) i use the S.I. combat knife from Cyrene's TT.

It all comes down to what mobs you want to hunt. For Punies Anything else is kind of overkill. If you want to hunt bigger you may proceed with Bukin's Blade. As you have it already maxed now i think switching is not neccessary, but you can test out if your results are better with the Castorian.
    As it is available in the TT just get one, test it out and if you do not like it you can sell it back to the TT without any loss.

More good options are the Ozpyn RSB S1X1 ( SIB start lvl 9 ) or a Bicac Kek ( SIB 10-14 ), once you have them maxed, which should be not so far away. They are available quite cheap and allow you to hunt a good range of mobs.

Old
    i'm on calypso so hunting on ark will be difficult but i have 0 skill in shortblades, onlu some in long blades. i usually use it for end swing or for small lower level mobs. i however, have not maxed the bukins blade, so i guess i'm starting with the survival blade from TT.

thanks for the tip.
    Play for the fun of it and may lootius be with you all!

Guardian
    From your description, I suspect that you will max Bukin's blade quite quickly. You get a lot of skill points quickly when you start out on a skill.

Hatchling
    Try the Falx.
    I used it on the Puny mission and got decent skill gains.

James

Quote Originally Posted by jcfuller View Post
    Try the Falx.
    I used it on the Puny mission and got decent skill gains.

James
    Except, that the Falx is a longblade... beside that yes the ancient greece longblades are great, as they are cheap and also fast. Worth a try.

11. 11-01-2016, 08:43

12. 11-04-2016, 10:46

13. 11-04-2016, 10:54

14. 12-29-2016, 21:27

Reason
    spam