Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hatchling
    Thanks for the discussion. I have a few questions on vehicles and transport.

1. About how much can you hire a taxi for? Obviously it changes depending how far you go.

2. If a vehicle goes into a PvP zone can it be destroyed?

3. Vehicles run off of oil correct?
    --Draze Swift

2. Sponsored Links
    Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by DrazeSwift View Post
    Thanks for the discussion. I have a few questions on vehicles and transport.

1. About how much can you hire a taxi for? Obviously it changes depending how far you go.
    Back when space thrusters cost more, the prices were more stable. Now thrusters are dirt cheap and prices are anywhere from 5 peds to 20 peds. A reasonable price is 8 to 15 peds, depending on how far you are going and how many planet entries are involved (it costs the pilot 2 peds each time he lands on a planet).

2. If a vehicle goes into a PvP zone can it be destroyed?
    Yes. It can be damaged and lose a little of its TT value. It can also be damaged by mobs. Damage due to driving off cliffs does not decrease TT value. You can repair its SI (Structural integrity=vehicle "health") back to full using an RK-5 tool and welding wire.

3. Vehicles run off of oil correct?
    Correct. You can see how much each vehicle uses by looking at its item info. Some vehicles are very, very efficient on fuel. For example, the free Arkadian Hoverpod only uses 1/20 of an oil per km moving and 1/20 of an oil per minute standing still. Which incidentally means it consumes oil faster when sitting still. Go figure.

Hatchling
    Wizzszz just becouse you cant do it doesn't mean other person cant.Probably he's not the only level 33 sweater around .

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarock View Post
    Wizzszz just becouse you cant do it doesn't mean other person cant.Probably he's not the only level 33 sweater around .
    There are a lot of people with that level of SG. Hence it is safe to say it is proven the SG level has no effect on getting more sweat, but was only used as a mark for the sweat cap. ( Or the system changed since that time ).

Anyway the explanation why people on higher levels get more sweat than newcomer is also here in that thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarock View Post
    Can't?

Everybody CAN do that, all you need is someone braindead enough to go sweating for a year.

I think it's more like "who would WANT that???"...

Quote Originally Posted by Jennson View Post
    There are a lot of people with that level of SG.
    Well, there's a reason why i stay away from noob places...

It's for sure more fun to actually play EU than to waste hours on end on sweating - but hey, what do i know, maybe there's some hidden fun in sweating...
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Hatchling

Thumbs Up

Actually, I think I'm in a similar situation, being a long time player with pretty much the same level of expertise as a n00b.

I found myself stuck with sweating for the last few years, checking in once a moth to keep my precious avatar alive and sometimes playing for a few days (couldn't deposit for various reasons, more on that in the next paragraph). I found the game and the community too good to just give up on it. Solid design and filled with nice people.

A few days ago when I just got tired of looking for a sweat buyer for hours, I was just about to give up for the month. Suddenly I remembered I had a debit card this time (had kind of forgotten about it since I barely use it, in reality I've had it for a few months) around and used it to deposit 10 USD and it turned into a whole different game without the boring sweating.

I got myself the remaining pieces of the Explorer armor I started to build up when I started playing (back in the days when it was a good armor and recommended in a few places), just for the sake of it. I also got myself a Hoverpod off the auction and a mining kit from TT. I found mining to be way more exciting than sweating and I think I've found my profession, which has the bonus of producing fuel for my Hoverpod .

I started exploring again, for the first time since I found out you died a lot doing so in the old EU, which was about 3 years ago (see told you I was a long time player ). I used my Hoverpod to travel around most of the north half of Calypso, which was just about the most fun I've had in a game for a long time. Unfortunately, being halfway through the east edge, I took a quick brake looking out across the green land and the sunset when suddenly my Hovercraft blew up and I was killed. Looking around after I died, it turns out a nasty mob with 8 limbs had been creeping up on me ever since I got up from the water.

Being slightly confused, I swam back to one of the space bases and teleported back home to Port Atlantis. Not knowing about the repair tool I spawned the remains of my poor little Hoverpod and extracted the fuel in order to TT it with sadness in my eyes. I thought "who would buy a ruined vehicle anyway?".

Not having enough PED left (bought a lot of mining probes earlier), I started to look around for ways to get more PED and sold everything I had dug up. Still not enough for a Hoverpod, but enough for a Sleipnir so I got that and filled it up with the fuel from the Hoverpod. I soon realized I consumed far more fuel than I could possibly afford in the long run if I was to continue exploring.

With the rising suspicion I would soon have some sort of addiction, I deposited another 10 USD and decided after I had gotten a new Hoverpod, the rest was to be used to invest in things that would bring back some PED.

And here I am, with a new Hoverpod, this time with orange panels instead of all grey and I probably could have gotten away with a few PEDs less for another with grey paint but this one looked awesome (if the one who sold it to me reads this, you did a great job ). I've kept the Sleipnir just in case I need to give someone a ride or to use as a taxi when I want to take a break from mining and exploring. I will definitely get a vehicle repair kit next time something breaks .

I hope you've enjoyed my story as much as I enjoyed writing it, discovering the side of EU without sweating was a real blast and I want to continue playing like this for as long as I can, supporting MA and becoming a part of the vivid community surrounding me in EU.

I do have one issue though; I have a fear of the PvP zones. Every time I cross into a PvP zone I imagine a sudden instant death from someone with a sniper or some explosion and then loosing half my inventory. Is there any way I can have my Hoverpod repainted to signal I'm not looking for a fight and just passing through or is the danger of PvP zones just a fact of life?

Also, sorry DrazeSwift for sort of hijacking your thread, you can have it back now

Just in case anyone else gets their vehicle damaged - dont assume you need to repair it yourself, others will almost definitely repair it for you as its a cheap way of getting skills.

Just spawn your vehicle at Twin Peaks and it'll be repaired in the blink of an eye.
    All my PEDs are belong to Mrs Stevens

Stevens Family Enterprises brings you the following shops:
    UK Fashion, Rocktropia --- Celeste North 6, Arkadia
    PA Mall Floor 1 #11, Calypso --- PA Mall Floor 1 #7, Calypso

9. 07-09-2012, 13:25
    Reason
    spam

me thinks we have a troll on the loose here.
    Mrs. Roni RL Jan 21, 2014
    Started EU 11-02-2011

Young
    Welcome back I guess,

As a starter myself I would recommend Connie Pigen as your mentor. He is awesome! You can press "Y" to open up the menu. search for mentor and then for the mentor finder. Enter the name pigen and you will find him, request him to become your mentor and he will advise you how to play the game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12