Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by Artrat View Post
    Excuse me!!?!?!!

Ignore this, your initial assumption is correct, 100-110m is the proper distance. Overlapping your claims may get you the odd extra find but in the long run it will just reduce your hit-rate.

You cannot find a claim within an area you have already bombed until some time has passed (hours probably?). It's a little more comlicated than that because the finder stops searching when it hits something, but for now, just move 100-110m.
    [comments deleted... not enough evidence to support what I wrote here]

Artrat is correct. You will sometimes find the odd extra claim but it will do more harm than good.

I recommend using LBML (mininglog.com). What planet you are on makes a lot of difference, so you might want to share that too.
    Last edited by Neil Stockton; 10-03-2013 at 22:25.

2. Sponsored Links
    Hatchling
    How do you know when you have ran 110 meters?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimbert View Post
    How do you know when you have ran 110 meters?
    Difference of coords?!!

If you run diagonally you might be forced to do some basic trigonometry...

It doesn't really matter much though, 90 meters are still fine, 130 meters, too.
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    Difference of coords?!!

If you run diagonally you might be forced to do some basic trigonometry...

It doesn't really matter much though, 90 meters are still fine, 130 meters, too.
    Thanks. I'm a total noob at mining. Is it OK to mine near port atlantis, or is it bad because many other noobs mine close to port atlantis or something? How many bombs do you have to drop before you get a loot, normally? How do I know where to mine before I've ran around and wasted a ton of probes in bad locations? ^^

Thanks, every info is appreciated!

Is it OK to mine near port atlantis, or is it bad because many other noobs mine close to port atlantis or something?
    I had some quite nice claims around the swamp camp.
    I haven't seen many people mining there - it might have changed meanwhile, but usually hardly anyone mines there.

How many bombs do you have to drop before you get a loot, normally?
    That differs a lot - average claim rate is 25%, or in other words, one claim in four drops.

But most of the time you have a lot of no claims and then a couple of claims back to back - 10 or 15 drops without a claim are absolutely normal in between.

How do I know where to mine before I've ran around and wasted a ton of probes in bad locations? ^^
    You can mine anywhere, you will find claims no matter what - the only thing that differs is the type of resources, and most miners are not exactly keen on sharing those info.

Best practice is to try many different places and find your own "niche" - no bomb is ever "wasted", it tells you i.e. where not to mine because you find only Lyst or Blau - many miners keep records of what they found where, to determine where it pays most to mine when market changes.
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Old
    i'd like to know, is it wise to drop 30 probes and mine both ores and matters or is the higher hit chance not weigh up to the spent probes?

so:
    do you prefer:
    - ore mining
    - Matter mining
    - broad mining (both)

i used to mine of ores alone, but i find the psychological boost of more claims found quite nice but it might be cost in effective
    Play for the fun of it and may lootius be with you all!

Guardian
    I usually do both, and on Arkadia add in the third one.

I frequently get skills in both ore and enmatter mining at the same time, so it feels as if I'm skilling up faster.

I switch one or two of them off when the skills get too different so as to balance them up. This is because the finders nearly always have the same level requirements across all three types.

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by Skatan View Post
    i'd like to know, is it wise to drop 30 probes and mine both ores and matters or is the higher hit chance not weigh up to the spent probes?
    It makes no difference to your chance of finding claims if you mine for one or both.

Both = faster, more even skilling
    One = more careful mining, less different materials to sell

Old
    this is gonna sound like nothing to most people but yesterday when on a run i got my highest mining claim ever ((X)Considerable)24,46 PED) and it was on a matter claim, inwhich i have only just started mining. however sad it might sound, that too is my all time high loot, up until now. i am still really happy though!
    Play for the fun of it and may lootius be with you all!

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by Skatan View Post
    this is gonna sound like nothing to most people but yesterday when on a run i got my highest mining claim ever ((X)Considerable)24,46 PED) and it was on a matter claim, inwhich i have only just started mining. however sad it might sound, that too is my all time high loot, up until now. i am still really happy though!
    Gratz, and keep on mining and you'll find even bigger claims

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast