Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Young

Emmissary/Economy concerns

First, I'd like to say the Emmissary program is long overdue and for the most part I look forward to it and the possibility of a robust economy in EU. But in the short term, I'm gravely concerned to what this is going to do to an already Fragile sweating economy that is used heavily by newcomer's to begin the EU experience.

Since this is a real cash economy where supply and demand greatly effect it's economy have you give any serious thought to what 100's and possibly
    thousands of new Entropians would do to the supply side of sweat? Sweat is already hovering around 1.5-2 ped/1k. I understand the loot mechanic of Hussk(500k sweat to summon) has been fixed, but the quest line is still not functioning and is not yet contributing to the Demand side of sweat.

And I'm sure that most new Entropian newcomers will not initially be depositors, wanting to test the water's before they dive in with a deposit.
    Sweating has always been they way of testing those waters. Destroying that mechanic with no substantial DEMAND increase will kill that mechanic and you will have wasted all your Emmissary efforts.

I suggest strongly you implement substantial increase in the DEMAND side of sweat to dry up the Millions of k's of sweat sitting in storage before you have 100's if not thousands of new sweaters flooding and CRASHING the sweat market and eventually your player retention mechanics for new players.

Possible DEMAND solutions:

1. Create JET FUEL 1000 crude + 1000 sweat = 500 JET Fuel
    Jet fuel would be used by all flying vehicles, while refined crude oil=oil could still be used for ground vehicles.

2. Increase the cost of sweat used in bp's from 10 sweat per click to 50 or 100.

3. Increase the number of bp's that use sweat, any bp that uses any kind of lubricant is a candidate.

thanks,
    Hoggle

2. Sponsored Links
    Mature
    Subscribin' will need to relearn the whole Facebook thing, but I think it'll be worthwhile, as this sounds interesting!

Mature
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggle View Post
    First, I'd like to say the Emmissary program is long overdue and for the most part I look forward to it and the possibility of a robust economy in EU. But in the short term, I'm gravely concerned to what this is going to do to an already Fragile sweating economy that is used heavily by newcomer's to begin the EU experience.

Since this is a real cash economy where supply and demand greatly effect it's economy have you give any serious thought to what 100's and possibly
    thousands of new Entropians would do to the supply side of sweat? Sweat is already hovering around 1.5-2 ped/1k. I understand the loot mechanic of Hussk(500k sweat to summon) has been fixed, but the quest line is still not functioning and is not yet contributing to the Demand side of sweat.

And I'm sure that most new Entropian newcomers will not initially be depositors, wanting to test the water's before they dive in with a deposit.
    Sweating has always been they way of testing those waters. Destroying that mechanic with no substantial DEMAND increase will kill that mechanic and you will have wasted all your Emmissary efforts.

I suggest strongly you implement substantial increase in the DEMAND side of sweat to dry up the Millions of k's of sweat sitting in storage before you have 100's if not thousands of new sweaters flooding and CRASHING the sweat market and eventually your player retention mechanics for new players.

Possible DEMAND solutions:

1. Create JET FUEL 1000 crude + 1000 sweat = 500 JET Fuel
    Jet fuel would be used by all flying vehicles, while refined crude oil=oil could still be used for ground vehicles.

2. Increase the cost of sweat used in bp's from 10 sweat per click to 50 or 100.

3. Increase the number of bp's that use sweat, any bp that uses any kind of lubricant is a candidate.

thanks,
    Hoggle
    Possible demand solutions also include INCREASING THE SIZE OF THE PLAYERBASE.

That should increase both the supply and the demand of Vibrant Sweat, so the price may not suffer as much as you'd think in the long run.

Dominant
    Is there a way to join if I want to keep my facebook account for IRL purposes?

Either, if I'll be explicitly allowed to create a facebook account for my avatar, or that I can use my IRL facebook account but it will be strictly confidential to which avatar it belongs known only by the people who would know anyway (like MA support staff).
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Mature
    Sounds intresting
    Subscribing for now

Hi, your account was created on the following date 2004-09-26. Regards, Entropia Support
    Proud member of the famous Alpha WildD3amons

Quote Originally Posted by aia View Post
    Is there a way to join if I want to keep my facebook account for IRL purposes?

Either, if I'll be explicitly allowed to create a facebook account for my avatar, or that I can use my IRL facebook account but it will be strictly confidential to which avatar it belongs known only by the people who would know anyway (like MA support staff).
    I made a FB account for my avatar. Im not sure if it is allowed by fb rules but I know many do as they want to keep anonymous. This is how I did it: make a new e-mail account (hotmail e.g.) and then make a new fb account. If you allready have a hotmail: create a new gmail account refering to the your existing e-mail account. Now you can create a new fb account. The advantage of creating a new gmail account is that you can use it solely for you ingame mailing and you can use the avatar name.

Its a choice, but it works if you want to seperate your avatar from your RL. Some dont mind..some do. It works better too if you want that other players can find you in fb by your ava name.

Regards, Roni

Mature
    1st I am a long time supporter of Entropia Universe and I always will be. But the fact is the esential mechanics of the game that make people quit playing are still the same.

So what is the purpose of brining in so many people into the game to only have them quit.

I've been a Mentor since before the mentor system was put in game (the first time) And it's been the same thing over and over. We bring 20 new people in and maybe 3 stay. Of those Two one is someone with lots of money and likes to gamble, One is determened to play for free and make money, and the other just gets insanly lucky.

That shouldn't be the reason people keep playing. The game needs to get simpler and easyer to be able to control your spending so that you can play on say 10$ to 15$ a month and get the same play time as you would paying that for a subscription.

Like it or not people will compare this "game" to World of Warcraft, Star Wars the Old Republic, and Firefall. They will see what is going to get them the mose PLAY time for there money more then the CHANCE and getting rich.

THAT HAS TO CHANGE before you put a bad taste in millions mouth so that they never come back.

We know MA put all those surveys out asking people why they quit. Maybe even give us mentors some ideas as to why so we can work on it to but i'm pretty sure it's mostly stuff that is in MA's control.

Mature
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage|Socialtype View Post
    Greetings Entropians,

that said it would be funny to add your poster to here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Kitchener_Wants_You

Young
    in Internal Server your have experience with No Loot / NRF / Craft failed?
    And others TT return 30-50%? in short run like 100ped?

if yes -> WHY not FIXED YET? its major problem to people leave game
    None want deposit 1000 usd per moth to experience good balance

if no -> time to adjust and see why your playerbase have dimish over year , year

Of course need fix "free stuffs" i get hooked because i sweat alot have 3k in sgskill and ca play selling 10 ped /k 5 ped/k now impossible

All my money coming auction house but to it your need money
    and now impossible start from 0

STOP annouce entropia is F2P

Quote Originally Posted by vadio View Post
    in Internal Server your have experience with No Loot / NRF / Craft failed?
    And others TT return 30-50%? in short run like 100ped?

if yes -> WHY not FIXED YET? its major problem to people leave game
    None want deposit 1000 usd per moth to experience good balance

if no -> time to adjust and see why your playerbase have dimish over year , year

Of course need fix "free stuffs" i get hooked because i sweat alot have 3k in sgskill and ca play selling 10 ped /k 5 ped/k now impossible

All my money coming auction house but to it your need money
    and now impossible start from 0

STOP annouce entropia is F2P
    off topic: You guys stop using every fekkin (excuse moi le mot) post to complain about sweat prices, game mechanics, non fixed bugs and loot pools. The OP was about an info bulletin to explain some future features available for facebook users to *spread the word* about Entropia Universe. Facebook as social media, no more , no less. It's regarded as a tool...if you put effort in it you wil be rewarded. If you feel bad about some issues in Entropia Universe I don't think this feature is your thing.

MindArk NEVER claimed it's free to play. It's free to download.

on topic......any ETA yet? My beard is growing fast

Regards, Roni
    Last edited by Roni; 03-19-2012 at 09:16.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast