Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hatchling

A warning any newcome should know(maybe not just them)

First of all i don't have anything against reselling which is a normal so called 'job' in Entropia Universe.

What is the warning about?Well...lately there are a lot of sweat resellers some of them who don't have any kind of good will and with a too good opinion about themselfes even lie to you in the face telling you the sweat it's worthless and of course they will tell you how noble they are and frankly whatever social position they have,they are just a piece of ****.One of these people and only one that i have meet in Entropia until now it is Daniel from Nea's Nest(seen him on Arkadia too).I am not sure about the full name but it won't be hard to recognize him since he always buys sweat with 1.5 ped per 1000 which is a really bad price and he is dressed with really bad taste too as he's price is .I know some of you newcomers don't have the patience maybe or i don't know you are just curious about stuff but...believe me your sweat worth's at least 2 ped per 1000 sweat,at least, if you have the patience and dedication to try sell for more do it,sweat buyers exist,also kind people who will help you exist,Entropia actually has the most kind people i have ever seen in a game,but don't sell to jerks like this Daniel.He will always have a story,always will tell you something becouse it is he's style.Even through he seems like a really stupid person to me he consider's himself really smart.It break's my heart to see that newcomer's may be ripoffed in they're first days of play.If Nea's would be a PvP zone a dozen of people would just shoot this guy but since it is not just try to avoid him.

Sorry for the harsh language even through i consider myself a bit of an artist I am afraid that this Daniel it is just a pice of garbage that remains like that however you will try to color him or improve or maybe see him in a different light.

Wish you all a good day and all the best wishes.

2. Sponsored Links
    1) There is a "no names" rule on this forum, which does not allow you to name (alledged) offenders. You may want to edit your opening post accordingly.

2) This person you talk about is buying sweat... so what? From all i know, people could be f**king happy that at least ONE guy is buying that worthless shit - usually it takes ages to find someone buying.

3) You play a totally different game than the majority of older players - hardly anyone who is actually playing this game gives a damn about PECs - i mean, c'mon, is this all worth the hassle? Someone is trying to cheat out of 0.0001 $US (= 0.1 PEC) per 1K sweat?
    This doesn't even cover the electricity bill nor the 5 minutes fraction of the monthly internet costs i needed to reply to your post...

This game if full of strange people, better get used to it in time or it will make your brain go *poof*.
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Old Alpha
    believe me your sweat worth's at least 2 ped per 1000 sweat,at least,
    OMG the OP is a scammer! Quick call the cops. Anyone saying sweat is worth less than 6 ped per k should be shot on site, lol.

J/K but seriously, what you are posting about sounds about as ridicious as this post.

Honestly, you should be glad to get more than TT value for sweat. Even at 1 ped per k it's still a much higher markup in tt value vs markup value than most mid-level hunters can expect on anything else in game.

5. 03-27-2012, 21:16
    Reason
    3.1 - Trolling and/or replies

Hatchling
    Yup, some people do buy "below market" and resell. But, it's not all that bad, they provide the needed liquidity to the people that need PED fast. So, there's really no fair price other than the one someone is willing to buy at momentarily.

Even IRL things work in a similar matter, and actually setting the price is kinda illligal. This is something you learn with experience. There's no way to control it, I did a similar thing, in the beginning, and actually tried to sell sweat at what seemed to me a fair price, and nothing good came out of that. I ended up with a whole bunch of overpriced sweat. So, you know... so much for playing Robin Hood.

It does suck that some people rely on misleading stories, instead of just saying that this is the service they provide, and they wanna get payed for it. Nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, just though I'd expend on what other's tried to say.. Give it one or two years and this will come so natural to you, that you'll find yourself paraphrasing the exact same things that mastermesh and wizzszz tried to say to other people.

Some
    Last edited by SomeExtraDamage; 03-27-2012 at 22:47.

7. 03-27-2012, 22:45
    Reason

8. 03-27-2012, 23:38
    Reason

9. 03-28-2012, 01:18
    Reason

EU is in a situation where demand of sweat is very low. So the buyer has the control. If this situation continues no one ever want to buy this stuff even 1 PED/k. Though sweat is helping much the non-depositing players as much as it helps EU to attract more new players, it calls for a balance so that depositing players will not be abused as they are the one's backing up to keep the game alive. Sweat before is in a very high demand and the sweaters has control over the pricing as all MF weapons is dependent on its quantity to function but it is hurting the small depositing players so much as it hurt even the biggest spender in the game because of the imbalance pricing of items that is affecting the entire EU.

Yeah, good to see if there are still out there buying this sweat. I realize the era of sweat has passed by because individual sweating is enough to meet the needs of sweat for the few MF chips needing it. EU is continuously changing anyway, I hope it could go on moving forward for a better EU where everyone is happy o.o.

11. 03-28-2012, 09:01
    Reason

Hatchling
    On more thing...who said and where that sweating should fund your gameplay?But it can give you a start maybe a good one and help you re-gain balance sometimes.

13. 03-28-2012, 13:41
    Reason

14. 03-28-2012, 15:05
    Reason

15. 03-28-2012, 15:11
    Reason

16. 03-28-2012, 15:19
    Reason

17. 03-28-2012, 15:33
    Reason

18. 03-28-2012, 15:48
    Reason

19. 03-28-2012, 19:15
    Reason

20. 03-29-2012, 09:07
    Reason

EU is changing....MF has become a niche profession. Actually Im amazed pple still sweat....cause where is your market? The development I see in EU is that the usage of sweat is steadily declining. No Welding Wire BP or Huskk will change that.

As far as Im concerned MA should stop giving the free VSK when an avatar is made. Some planets have amazing missions for newcomers who give a basic idea what EU is about....that's way better then sweating. Seriously..if I would judge EU on my sweating experience I would have deleted EU from my pc after a day. I did sweat though...but merely to hear experienced players discussing topics and meeting new pple.

Without ranting.....any price for sweat above the TT value is a good price. Basicly it means somebody else is paying for the gameplay of the sweater. Im not against that but pls keep that in mind before shouting prices are to low.

And uhm.....say you sweat for 4 hours...that should be roughly 1k...selling it for 5 PED (the good old days lol)....not to mention the electricity bill and internet bill... Any job like working in a supermarket for 4 hours....lets say 40-50 bucks....depo half in EU, about 200-250 PED, and have a pizza and beer while mining, hunting or crafting.

my 2 pecs

Regards, Roni

22. 03-29-2012, 12:46
    Reason

23. 03-29-2012, 14:35
    Reason

24. 03-29-2012, 15:01
    Reason

25. 03-29-2012, 15:18
    Reason

26. 03-29-2012, 16:10
    Reason

27. 03-29-2012, 16:42
    Reason

28. 03-29-2012, 17:06
    Reason

Instead of all the negativity about the sweat price - why not start something constructive? How many times has whining changed something to the better?

I do have an idea, but i need to know what todays newbs deem fair.

So, what's the current sweat price (please only values you have indeed sold for within the last 2 months) and what would be your idea of a fair price (fair as in "fair for BOTH sides, seller AND buyer).

I know, i should probably start a new thread, but atm this is getting the most attention.

30. 03-29-2012, 18:17
    Reason

31. 03-29-2012, 18:18
    Reason

32. 03-29-2012, 18:22
    Reason

33. 03-29-2012, 18:42
    Reason

34. 03-29-2012, 18:56
    Reason

35. 03-29-2012, 19:00
    Reason

36. 03-29-2012, 19:18
    Reason

37. 03-29-2012, 19:32
    Reason

38. 03-29-2012, 19:52
    Reason

39. 03-29-2012, 20:00
    Reason

40. 03-29-2012, 20:00
    Reason

41. 03-29-2012, 20:07
    Reason

42. 03-29-2012, 20:10
    Reason

43. 03-29-2012, 20:14
    Reason

44. 03-29-2012, 20:37
    Reason

45. 03-29-2012, 21:15
    Reason

--mod's note--
    Stop the arguments. On the "old player" side, this is no way to help keep newer players. And newer players should have better respect for old players input instead of simply poo-pooing them and using personal insults as the first reply.
    --/mod's note--
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    1) There is a "no names" rule on this forum, which does not allow you to name (alledged) offenders. You may want to edit your opening post accordingly.
    The forum rule you refer to is rule 2.13 - Scamming Accusation. It's about calling folks scammers and accusations of cheating. It's not meant for "so-and-so's buying for too little."

As for the basis of this thread: There is zero reason why sweat (nor any other item) should be capped at any price, high or low. Prices change based on supply & demand. (yes, both.) If you are unhappy with the prices this person is offering, go find another buyer willing to offer more. Recommend that buyer to your friends. (And to those you dislike, point them toward the cheaper buyer )

It truly is that simple.
    Always willing to learn

JC, could you please un-delete the post where i did nothing but ask for the average price of sweat and what price people (sweaters) deem fair?

I had something like a "fair trade circle" in mind, but i have no idea what sweat is worth after all the changes to MF and how sweating works.

Thank you.

/Edit:
    Oh, and i still think rule 2.13 does apply, as the person in question is not only buying low, he tricks people into thinking sweat is worthless (at least thats what i gathered from the opening post) and that the price he is offering is already some kind of charity - that is, at least in my book, indeed scamming.

Read the opening post, i am sure you will agree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast