Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hatchling

0.01 ped subtracted on won auction?

Hello,

Won an auction about 12 hours ago for Force Nexus, retrieved it just now. Noticed that 0.01 subtracted from my card. Don't understand what for?

Was told, that when it's auction for Force Nexus then 0.01 ped is subtracted. Is it true?

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by testa00 View Post
    Hello,

Won an auction about 12 hours ago for Force Nexus, retrieved it just now. Noticed that 0.01 subtracted from my card. Don't understand what for?
    You pay fee for auctions.

You pay the fee only for the startbid right when you create the auction - if the final price is higher, the fee is higher and the difference to what you have paid already is substracted from the money you get from the auctioneer.

And another thing might cause this:
    PED values are tracked down to 1/1000th PEC (milliPEC), displayed values are rounded down, so if you pay 1 milliPEC missing fee, the system will substract a whole PEC (0.01 PED) from the values displayed in the notification.

Was told, that when it's auction for Force Nexus then 0.01 ped is subtracted. Is it true?
    No - this game is full of misconceptions (and some just love to fool noobs), always check who's giving you that info, and if possible, verify the info with the help of a 2nd source.
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Hatchling
    Hmmm... Thanks for reply. I know about auction fees when I am seller. But I was buyer this time. And it is definitely 0.01PED subtracted from my card during last 24 hours (i am sure 100% cause i am new to all this stuff right now i just everything write down in my spreadsheet)

Hmmm... Thanks for reply. I know about auction fees when I am seller. But I was buyer this time. And it is definitely 0.01PED subtracted from my card during last 24 hours (i am sure 100% cause i am new to all this stuff right now i just everything write down in my spreadsheet)
    Shouldn't happen, and i seriously doubt it was the auction causing this.

Did you use the Nexus to make Mind Essence?

If you refine sweat & nexus into mind essence, the resulting TT value can differ from the sum of the TT values of the raw ingredients - it is possible that the system compensates internally for the difference using your PED card as chargeback.

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    Shouldn't happen, and i seriously doubt it was the auction causing this.
    Me too to be honest. Because it was second time I bought Force Nexus and I didn't notice this behavior first time.

Did you use the Nexus to make Mind Essence?
    Yes.

If you refine sweat & nexus into mind essence, the resulting TT value can differ from the sum of the TT values of the raw ingredients - it is possible that the system compensates internally for the difference using your PED card as chargeback.
    It's hard to understand for me right now. But probably you're right. All I really know, yesterday I logged in, balance was OK, logged off, then I won auction, and today I logged in and noticed 1 PEC difference.

Or, as this situation is likely not very common, maybe there is something else I didn't notice. Anyway, thanks for replies. Will triple check myself next time

Provider
    If 0.01ped was subtracted from your ped card imediately after winning an auction item then it must be a glitch. I would contact MA support if you want to have them investigate so that you can know for sure. I've never heard of this happening before. Also, TT values when refining are kept at a constant. The total TT value of the items you put into the refiner is the total TT value that will come out. Mind Essence, for example, is 1sweat+1force nexus=100 ME. Since sweat has nearly no TT value then the 100ME will be equal to the TT value of the 1 force nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by FlorencioNineWind View Post
    Also, TT values when refining are kept at a constant. The total TT value of the items you put into the refiner is the total TT value that will come out. Mind Essence, for example, is 1sweat+1force nexus=100 ME. Since sweat has nearly no TT value then the 100ME will be equal to the TT value of the 1 force nexus.
    100 Sweat + 100 Force Nexus = 10010 Mind Essence (=1.0010 PED)

Refining smaller quanitites results in a loss of the sweats TT value.

I haven't checked it, but it is possible that the remaining milliPEC go to your PED card.
    Last edited by wizzszz; 03-31-2012 at 20:44.

Hatchling
    Actually I'm buying and refining larger round amounts (2000), and selling round amount as well as far as I know (do separate).

Actually I'm buying and refining larger round amounts (2000), and selling round amount as well as far as I know (do separate).
    Well, i run out of ideas here...

If you cannot really pin it down to the auction is was very likely something else, at least noone every reported something like this, and it is for sure not normal, as people wanted to make you believe.

Would be helpful if you can reconstruct it.

Smile

I think you really need to contact support. If a pec has gone missing, I mean $0.0001 USD, really, it has to be seen to as a matter of urgency

"For, as long as 100 of us remain alive, never will we be English. We fight for freedom, which no honest man gives up, but with life itself." THE DECLARATION OF ARBROATH 6/4/1320. Robert The Bruce.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast