Post Entropia Universe Receives $2.5 Million Dollars From One Investor in Planet Calypso Citizenship System

GOTHENBURG, Sweden, April 4, 2012
    /PRNewswire/

MindArk, developer and publisher of the largest real money MMO, announced today that an investor acquired $2.5 Million Dollars (25 Million Project Entropia Dollars, PED) worth of land lot deeds on Planet Calypso. The land deeds, bought through the Citizenship system, allow revenue sharing to participants. Since the release of the Citizenship system in November almost all of the initial offerings of 60 thousand deeds have been acquired by participants with an annual ROI of approximately 27%.

When a player procures land deeds they are granted certain privileges, these include receiving a share in the Planet Partner gross revenue of Calypso, paid weekly. This means that those in the Citizenship system are directly profit sharing from the game itself. The land deeds are auctioned at a base price of $100 per deed and have mostly gone out one-by-one. However large monetary transactions are nothing new in Planet Calypso with one player paying $330,000 for a Virtual Space Station in 2010 which, at the time, set a world record.

Read the full press release on PR Newswire

2. Sponsored Links

Political system

Will this purchase not unbalance the whole political system that is to come?
    Raxxor

Nothing new, money rules
    Planet Calypso Sitizen Since 2004-01-05

but come on.. it will be useless to have voting privileges
    Raxxor

We know nothing about the owner ? maybe its a silent partner "only in for the money" then there will be no problem, but we do not know who bought the shares so the situation is somewhat uncertain.
    Planet Calypso Sitizen Since 2004-01-05

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    We know nothing about the owner ? maybe its a silent partner "only in for the money" then there will be no problem, but we do not know who bought the shares so the situation is somewhat uncertain.
    I totally agree with this. Without getting into major conspiracy theories and my doubts about MAs willingness to actually letting Calypsians "participate" in planet issues besides some trivial color or texture issues.

Maybe Im a bit pessimistic but I highly doubt that MA will share political power. As far as I can see the CLD's were a nice way of generating some surplus in cash revenue. I doubt that there will be any ruling body installed with the CLD owners.

If I really would be in conspiracy theories I would suspect the latest buyer is related to MA and just a foothold to prevent player CLD owners gaining too much influence. Hope I said this with the uppermost care. But hey...I really wouldnt know.

What makes me curious is that in the past there was full disclosure on purchases/investor participation like the banks. Maybe there wil be a follow up on MA's side still.

The discussion though is quite interesting.

A non CLD owner, Roni

Young
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Only in for the money? No problem?

I see a big problem in that because the game will not develop, or develop in the wrong direction.

As all CLD are gone from the market now there is no power in voting anymore by majority and to gather different opiniions for the game - what could make it far better.

I think this is pretty bad, I did at least see two MMO´s going down the drain already because they did not listen to customers. In an MMO there are not just kids playing!

Old

Cool To answer Raxxor...

According to the press release, the voting power of the buyer will be equal to 25/60 or 41% on any given vote.

This means that on any vote that this particular individual actually votes on, if they take a position we actually don't like, it would take pretty much all of us to oppose that one vote.

It is therefore of great interest to know whether all 25K are owned by one single individual or whether it was bought by a cartel of some sort who would have to come to internal agreement on how their vote was cast (or who might split the deeds up between themselves and thus spread the weight of the votes amongst more than one avatar).

Assuming we have only one player with all the votes though, we are indeed currently in the bucket of having to pray they have a level and reasonable head on their shoulders, and that any vote they weigh in on they understand clearly the possible outcomes on.

If we're lucky maybe they just want the passive income and aren't much interested in the voting rights and so we won't be hearing from them come voting time...

But this is very much in the "we'll have to wait and see how this pans out" category.