Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by FlorencioNineWind View Post
    People care about other's appearances in this game about as much as people do in real life. Maybe a little bit less. The general idea is that you and others in the game will be looking at your avatar for long periods of time so it may as well be an avatar that looks good If at any point you want to change your appearance in the game you can try to find a hairstylist or body sculptor and then pay them to fix you up. This can be either cheap or very expensive depending upon what you want them to change and who the hairstylist or body sculptor is. As far as avatar gender goes; female avatars tend to get more freebies, but that is normal in any game
    I agree here with Florencio. Some comment though:

*you have all the time to make your avatar when starting in Entropia. I would advise to make something you personally like. I think pple do care about your looks as in RL. Especially take your time for your face. There are many ways to tweak your appearance and usually your face is visible for other avatars (unless you are wearing a face guard or helmet). My point is that players are depending on visuals to recognise you. Except of course for your tag.

* as far as I know you can choose any hair type now (up to the highest levels, 34 that is) for free when you start (this is something hair stylist are not happy with). remember it can get expensive when you want to change it later.

*on avatar size: usually large avatars are regarded as hunters, miners or crafters. Small to very small avatars are suspected to be enthousiast PKers (personal killers in PvP) as the combat radar is disabled in PvP and you only have visuals to find your opponent

*clothes are another way to visually express yourself. You might try some clothes when you build your avatar but you wont have them when entering inworld. We all start with the degraded Orange Jumper, a brownish tarned jumper. Dont take it of! You will not be able to put them on again before you repaired them. Note: clothes are pretty expensive in Entropia! Some come pretty close to RL clothes prices, especially the popular ones with high market value. Some freebie clothes are available in new player missions, but those cant be modified like coloring and texturing.

*My view on this is that an avatar look might be not as important with the regular professions but they do help when you go the trading way. And hey..your first avatar look is free so might as well take advantage of that..you might need to look at it for a long time.

As for planet choice, both Calypso and Arkadia are a good place to start. I cant judge on Rocktropia as I dont often visit that planet but Next Island has also has some nice new player missions. And as Serica pointed out...space travel isnt that expensive anymore. Just remember that you cant shove resources through space without any risk due to the fact that space is lootable PvP and yes...there are pirates in space who are after it.

Regards, Roni
    Last edited by Roni; 04-06-2012 at 12:39. Reason: spelling

2. Sponsored Links
    I didn't realize females got more freebies. Hmmm must be missing something somewhere. Female clothing etc is not as expensive as the male items........
    Mrs. Roni RL Jan 21, 2014
    Started EU 11-02-2011

Quote Originally Posted by saradu View Post
    I didn't realize females got more freebies. Hmmm must be missing something somewhere. Female clothing etc is not as expensive as the male items........
    Maybe female avatars are *spoiled* faster...dunno lol.

I don't think female clothes are cheaper then males. But I did notice that a lot of female armor IS cheaper compared to male armor. Can't vouch for availability..that seems pretty much the same. As I have a male avatar it's kinda hard to compare though as I hardly buy any female clothes or armor.

Cheers, Roni

Hatchling
    Two more quick questions if you have time!

Where in-game do I find the mentor list?

Also, I tried to deposit 100 ped to my account, but I was only getting an exchange rate of 9.65 PED to USD. Is there a deposit fee or something?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Roni View Post
    Maybe female avatars are *spoiled* faster...dunno lol.

I don't think female clothes are cheaper then males. But I did notice that a lot of female armor IS cheaper compared to male armor. Can't vouch for availability..that seems pretty much the same. As I have a male avatar it's kinda hard to compare though as I hardly buy any female clothes or armor.

Cheers, Roni
    Well you do spoil me and have bought me some clothes . Wonder why the armor would be cheaper. Still cannot figure that one out..
    Mrs. Roni RL Jan 21, 2014
    Started EU 11-02-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Jhonka View Post
    Two more quick questions if you have time!

Where in-game do I find the mentor list?

Also, I tried to deposit 100 ped to my account, but I was only getting an exchange rate of 9.65 PED to USD. Is there a deposit fee or something?

Thanks again!
    Mentor list: right click on your ava (or in screen, not sure here) and select mentor register from the list. If Im correct a screen will pop up with all available mentors.

Depending on the service you use a certain fee will be withdrawn. You are actually using a RL banking system and they need income too. Figures think its related too CC fees, maybe even same. (I use paysafe card system and I pay for their service)

Cheers , Roni

Old Alpha
    While it may be true that some armors are cheaper for female avatars, it is more than balanced out by the fact that females just have to have a closet full of clothes to change in to any time for various occassions... And usually in some cases, female clothing is going to always be more than males for oddball stuff like angel wings, etc.

Of course, if you end up with clothes of the wrong gender you can always buy a shopkeeper or manniquen pad to put them on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12