Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Mature Sage|Socialtype's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 09 2012
    Location
    The ELP Embassy
    Posts
    39

    Emissaries' Choice Screenshot Contest

    Greetings Entropians:

    I hope you've had a chance to check out the newly launched Embassy for the EU Emissary Program found here: https://apps.facebook.com/entropiauniverse

    The Emissary Program content features a Screenshot Contest, where VOTING HAS BEGUN on some of the best images submitted for the Entropia Forum Screenshot Contest, held in December by Bjorn|MindArk. Images for this contest were selected by MindArk and Socialtype staff for the same categories.

    Emissaries can select their favorite image for each category and may vote once in each category. Emissaries may post each category of the contest to their Facebook wall so that Friends can participate, too.

    The first two categories, Social and Action, are already featured at the Embassy, and will be followed in a week by additional categories.

    Winners in EACH category will receive a 100 PED Certificate.

    Go check it out!

    Cheers,
    Sage
    Last edited by Sage|Socialtype; 04-11-2012 at 10:14.

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #2
    Guardian Softhart's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 31 2010
    Posts
    324
    I was there and was able to vote on one picture multiple times, not exactly fair.

    Born 11-24-2006


  4. #3
    Mature Sage|Socialtype's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 09 2012
    Location
    The ELP Embassy
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Softhart View Post
    I was there and was able to vote on one picture multiple times, not exactly fair.

    Softhart, thanks very much for visiting the Embassy.

    Yes, it may appear that you were able to vote multiple times by hitting the "Reset" button, but I can assure you that only your FIRST vote was actually tabulated.

    You may be able to revisit, retake, and enjoy various content items and quizzes on the Embassy, but you will only get Emissary points or register your poll vote for the first time you engage with any given piece of content.

    Likewise, after some period of time, certain content items may become eligible to for you to re-share, but you will not receive points for re-sharing, though if a Friend joins the game from your re-share, you would still earn big points for that.

    I'll see what we can do about having the settings changed on the screenshot contest items so that it is a little less confusing. We certainly do not want any appearance of unfairness!

    Thanks for your report! If you encounter any further issues, please them on the new Bug Reporting thread for the Emissary Program.

    Cheers,
    Sage

  5. #4
    Guardian Softhart's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 31 2010
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage|Socialtype View Post
    Softhart, thanks very much for visiting the Embassy.

    Yes, it may appear that you were able to vote multiple times by hitting the "Reset" button, but I can assure you that only your FIRST vote was actually tabulated.

    Well then this is odd, cause when I reset it and the screen comes up with the picture I selected it is different when I do it again.

    I was going to give you a screenshot example but it looks like the reset button is now gone

    Born 11-24-2006


  6. #5
    Mature Sage|Socialtype's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 09 2012
    Location
    The ELP Embassy
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Softhart View Post
    Well then this is odd, cause when I reset it and the screen comes up with the picture I selected it is different when I do it again.

    I was going to give you a screenshot example but it looks like the reset button is now gone
    Yes, you were able to replay the "game" and create a different result, but the result of the second play was not tabulated. We've now disabled the RESET button for the screenshot competition.

    You can look to the quizzes for an example of why we like to keep the RESET button for some content. Some of those questions are HARD and it's nice to be able to try it again!

    Thanks for the heads up on this. I hope we have satisfied your concern.

    Cheers,
    Sage

  7. #6
    Guardian Softhart's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 31 2010
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage|Socialtype View Post
    Some of those questions are HARD and it's nice to be able to try it again!

    Yeah, I think I have done the Mob one at least 5 times and haven't gotten it right! LOL I don't know which one I have wrong

    Born 11-24-2006


  8. #7
    Mature Sage|Socialtype's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 09 2012
    Location
    The ELP Embassy
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Softhart View Post
    Yeah, I think I have done the Mob one at least 5 times and haven't gotten it right! LOL I don't know which one I have wrong
    Yes, thanks, Softhart! We are currently investigating a possible Mob v. Mob bug. It's not supposed to be THAT hard...

    Cheers,
    Sage

  9. #8
    Old Stagger's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 13 2011
    Location
    Space, FOMA, Beta West 13C
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage|Socialtype View Post
    Yes, thanks, Softhart! We are currently investigating a possible Mob v. Mob bug. It's not supposed to be THAT hard...

    Cheers,
    Sage
    mwah, i didn't think it was that hard.
    entropedia is your friend , it's a good way to learn people to start using websites to gain knowledge before they act first.

    Any chance it will be able for people to drop own content in there to share?
    things we find online, like about helium-3 or the phylosofies of space flight in the near future, etc etc?

  10. #9
    Mature Sage|Socialtype's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 09 2012
    Location
    The ELP Embassy
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post

    Any chance it will be able for people to drop own content in there to share?
    things we find online, like about helium-3 or the phylosofies of space flight in the near future, etc etc?
    Hi Stagger:

    We certainly welcome suggestions for content to use on the Embassy. If you have a great link or article that you think would appeal to people who might like to play the game, PM the links to me here at EntropiaForum and I will submit them for consideration, though I cannot guarantee they will be used. If we cannot use a specific article, it might be possible to find a different article on the same topic.

    I'll see what I can do about offering some acknowledgment for any suggested content or topics that are used on the Embassy.

    Thanks for asking!

    Cheers!
    Sage

  11. #10
    Young
    Joined
    Sep 30 2012
    Posts
    27
    More things to vote on in a week? When will they come it has been months.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •