Thread: space

space

i am interested in question- is it cheap to travel trhough space?how much oil spaceship spendt a hour? please tell me your opinion because my last visit was in emm 2010 or so =)

2. Sponsored Links
    Old

Cool Costs

I believe there are posts somewhere detailing the costs to fly through space, but I believe you'll find they're quite cheap, depending on your vehicle etc.

But if I've got things right, then the following is true:

1) It costs decay on your THRUSTER as I recall to launch OUT of the Atmosphere going up. But you get a fair number of jumps per thruster (can't recall exactly but have the feeling it was like 20 or 25 jumps)
    2) It costs Oil to fly between planets - but this depends on which planets you're flying between and whether you go in a straight line or fly zig-zags etc. Rough experience is that a trip from say Calypso to Arkadia (about half the length of the universe at the moment) should run you somewhere around 4-5 PED in Oil I think, 1 way.

In order to figure out how much oil per hour you need, if you just plan to fly steadily, examine the Information of your chosen space vehicle - it will give you the speed the thing flies at, and it's oil cost per mile. So if you take the speed you can see how far it will fly in an hour and do the math for the oil that takes.

A trip from Calypso to Arkadia tyakes about 20-25 minutes as I recall.

thank man =)

Quote Originally Posted by Cly View Post
    I believe there are posts somewhere detailing the costs to fly through space, but I believe you'll find they're quite cheap, depending on your vehicle etc.

But if I've got things right, then the following is true:

1) It costs decay on your THRUSTER as I recall to launch OUT of the Atmosphere going up. But you get a fair number of jumps per thruster (can't recall exactly but have the feeling it was like 20 or 25 jumps)
    2) It costs Oil to fly between planets - but this depends on which planets you're flying between and whether you go in a straight line or fly zig-zags etc. Rough experience is that a trip from say Calypso to Arkadia (about half the length of the universe at the moment) should run you somewhere around 4-5 PED in Oil I think, 1 way.

In order to figure out how much oil per hour you need, if you just plan to fly steadily, examine the Information of your chosen space vehicle - it will give you the speed the thing flies at, and it's oil cost per mile. So if you take the speed you can see how far it will fly in an hour and do the math for the oil that takes.

A trip from Calypso to Arkadia tyakes about 20-25 minutes as I recall.
    ad1: a space thruster has 50 thrusts at full TT. And costs also include the MU what is paid. Both leaving as entering a planet will cost you one thrust. So 2 thrusts for a planet to planet trip. I think TT value of a thruster is 5 PED. TT decay will be 0.1 PED everytime you leave or enter a planet. Thats without the additional MU paid on the thruster.
    ad2: I think your estimation costs on oil are pretty close. 4-5PED from Calypso to Next Island. Thats the longest trip (straight line). Caly to Ark is more like 2-3 PED oil. I might be mistaken as I only occasionaly kept track on fuel consumption.
    ad3: you forgot to mention the 2 PED fee that has to be paid to enter the planet.

A trip from Calypse to Arkadia is more like 40 minutes. If you fly in a straight line (slight curve when travelling from Caly to Ark to avoid the *deep space* area) and dont get shot.

Regards, Roni

Old

Thumbs Up Thanks Roni

- always nice to have people fine-tune answers so they're improved