Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Planet Calypso's first Senator page

https://www.facebook.com/senatormagyar

I have enough deeds to qualify as a senator in any world government, so here's something of a way to get in touch with me.

Do you have a pet project? An idea to make EU better? Message me, maybe we can work together to make it happen.

Like the page, also. It's a nice thing to do for an effort that at this point is basically an original concept. Feel free to share.
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

2. Sponsored Links
    nice.. which kind of rights did MindArk give you... ?

Who knows what MA is going to give. We've been told we will get voting rights on topics, and its been alluded that those with some seniority will have additional weight when their deeds are considered. By the time we have the voting system I will have had over 4 years in EU to go with the respectable sum of deeds.

My point is simple - I am getting started now with the intention of adapting the concept to whatever limitations MA has. To me it makes sense to get started now, flesh out a core platform, and move forward as if voting is already underway.

It may actually help the development team out in deciding what they do, or do not want in their system.
    Laudanum
    Nymphtown Castle

5. 05-26-2012, 15:28
    Reason

so what is a senator, not everyone have the US system you know lol

Is it like a Kommunpolitiker or Landstingspolitiker? (since MA is Swedish I took examples from our system, and if you don't know maybe some Swede knows lol)

Provider
    A very good idea. Here's a good question: How many deeds do you need to qualify as a senator? Whether MA assigns "titles" or not we the players should come up with our own system of heirarchy in the new planet government. Maybe something like: 1-50 deeds = representative, 51-100 deeds = senator, 101-etc. = etc.

It would be really cool if MA did assign optional titles that we could place on our avatars in the new system. Just like we can place a proffessional title and society title now. Optional of course because I'm sure some people would want to stay anonymous. It would make it easier for other players to seek out political help in the voting system. If MA does what they said they plan to do then everyone will have at least some voting power, but it would be nice to be able to easily point out people of various political power levels so that people could discuss and come together to support their ideas just like a real political system. Also, the title "Representative Nine" sounds kinda cool.

Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny ferr View Post
    so what is a senator, not everyone have the US system you know lol

Is it like a Kommunpolitiker or Landstingspolitiker? (since MA is Swedish I took examples from our system, and if you don't know maybe some Swede knows lol)
    In the US political system there are two houses of congress. (House of Representatives) and (The senate). Each state automatically gets 2 senators to represent itself in the congress. Amount of representatives depends upon population. There is a set number of representatives, 435, and how many each state gets depends upon that states population. The minimum amount of representatives a state can have regardless of population is 1. This system was setup as a compromise to the state's representation in government. In the senate each state is equal (2), but in the house of representatives each state is fairly represented based upon how many people live in that state.

But, I think that the EU government system will probably end up being closer to the "Star Wars" System of government.

Off Topic BS Deleted.
    Sorry for interrupting.
    Last edited by Elford; 05-28-2012 at 07:52.
    http://jdegre.net/pe/sigs/2f5e9a962ad145cc.png
    Trust No One. Question everything, and believe nothing until you check it out yourself. Especially anything from MA.

Quote Originally Posted by FlorencioNineWind View Post
    But, I think that the EU government system will probably end up being closer to the "Star Wars" System of government.
    Probably.

I used the word for lack of other, and not for the US system. The US system was modeled after Rome, though it has its own expression Rome did not.

The use of the word was not intended to imply any sort of ethnocentrism.
    Laudanum
    Nymphtown Castle

Off Topic BS Deleted.
    Sorry for interrupting.
    Last edited by Elford; 05-28-2012 at 07:53.
    http://jdegre.net/pe/sigs/2f5e9a962ad145cc.png
    Trust No One. Question everything, and believe nothing until you check it out yourself. Especially anything from MA.

Provider
    Will be interesting to see how the system will end up, after reading this:

Another issue that has been raised relates to voting rights associated with the Calypso Land Deeds. Although the full details of the forthcoming citizenship system are not yet finalized, one solution we are strongly considering is a political system that includes all Entropia Universe participants, with each avatarís voting power calculated based on a formula that includes various factors such as: account age, deposits, estate ownership, number of land deeds, level of activity, etc. A properly constructed formula will allow us to create a citizenship system that prevents any single participant from gaining an excessive amount of voting power simply by owning a large number of Land Deeds or having deposited large sums. Full details about the voting power formula will be provided as the release of the citizenship system draws closer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast