Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elford View Post
    The US system is based on the British house of lords. Not the Roman Senate.

History of the United States Senate
    Tell that to an architecture student. Obviously there are multiple historical references being drawn from here. The evocation of Rome throughout Washington DC cannot be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Joat View Post
    Will be interesting to see how the system will end up, after reading this:

Another issue that has been raised relates to voting rights associated with the Calypso Land Deeds. Although the full details of the forthcoming citizenship system are not yet finalized, one solution we are strongly considering is a political system that includes all Entropia Universe participants, with each avatar’s voting power calculated based on a formula that includes various factors such as: account age, deposits, estate ownership, number of land deeds, level of activity, etc. A properly constructed formula will allow us to create a citizenship system that prevents any single participant from gaining an excessive amount of voting power simply by owning a large number of Land Deeds or having deposited large sums. Full details about the voting power formula will be provided as the release of the citizenship system draws closer.
    Youre very right.
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Magyar View Post
    Who knows what MA is going to give. We've been told we will get voting rights on topics, and its been alluded that those with some seniority will have additional weight when their deeds are considered. By the time we have the voting system I will have had over 4 years in EU to go with the respectable sum of deeds.
    Right... Just to make something clear.. ive been here since 2002... They have had voting booths before.. we could also vote on what MA said would be important stuff.. in their opinion "who should be miss calypso" were important stuff...

I wouldent expect too much if I were you...

Quote Originally Posted by starfinder View Post
    Right... Just to make something clear.. ive been here since 2002... They have had voting booths before.. we could also vote on what MA said would be important stuff.. in their opinion "who should be miss calypso" were important stuff...

I wouldent expect too much if I were you...
    I'd prefer to never say never. If it turns out to be much less than what I am looking forward to, so be it. However Im not going to let skepticism get in the way of a potentially good idea.

Ultimately Im spending very little time on web design. The facebook and web page will be very simple in their designs, and hopefully utilitarian. Folks who are interested in trying to make a difference will have another avenue for attempting to make their voices heard.

What ultimately happens is anyone's guess.

ps: I just noticed you fixed the screenshot clipping in Entropia Tracker. I no longer get 2-3 images of the same shot tiled on top of one another. Thanks for that.
    Last edited by Magyar; 05-27-2012 at 00:14.
    Laudanum
    Nymphtown Castle

I dont know how many deeds you have but if you consider yourself a senator than what would the guy be that bought 2.5 million?

Off Topic BS Deleted.
    Sorry for interrupting.
    Last edited by Elford; 05-28-2012 at 07:53.
    http://jdegre.net/pe/sigs/2f5e9a962ad145cc.png
    Trust No One. Question everything, and believe nothing until you check it out yourself. Especially anything from MA.

I am reminded of the great 2007 Presidency announcement. While the actual article was never properly placed into EF/PCF, here's a link to the relevant translation.

This action produced quite a few humorous threads such as mine, Centech's and many others.
    Always willing to learn

I also I must place a little forum rule reminder:

3.6 - Real-world Controversial Discussion
    Discussion of real world politics... is NOT permitted or appropriate for this forum....
    While I get the issue of the CLDs and voting, please don't get bogged down by irrelevancies such as how certain IRL governments are made please. Thanks.
    Always willing to learn

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolfMcQuaid View Post
    I dont know how many deeds you have but if you consider yourself a senator than what would the guy be that bought 2.5 million?
    Probably a senator.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCapital View Post
    While I get the issue of the CLDs and voting, please don't get bogged down by irrelevancies such as how certain IRL governments are made please. Thanks.
    Thanks. Agreed its irrelevant to this discussion. The discussion was the launch of a resource. If you support the idea or ideas like it, cool. If not, that's fine too. No need for folks to troll.

The point of the idea is simple. If we are going to have the ability to vote on things, why not organize a little around common causes? The first step to that would be to identify deed holders of high volume and cultivate dialogues with them. Who knows, you may find someone out there who supports your idea.
    Laudanum
    Nymphtown Castle

Hatchling

More politics?

WE HAVE ENOUGHT POLITICS IN REAL WORLD AND IT IS A S**T. REALLY NEED 'EM IN EU TOO? I THINK IS FOR A BETTER WORLD, NOT WORST... AND REALLY THE RICHEST PEOPLE MOST DECIDE?...

Nice initiative, citizenship and voting rights gives a whole new dimension to EU.

On the other hand, nothing forces me to participate, and most likely many people will totally ignore this whole democracy thing just like they prefer to ignore politics in RL... why not, i think that's exactly how it should work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast