Young

AMD FX/Bulldozer Compatibility Issue Fix?

Hi Everyone,

Is there any news on the AMD FX/Bulldozer processor compatibility issue fix?

I've submitted a ticket to support and they let me know it's a known issue, and I can currently get in game by disabling two of my four cores, but this leads to a lot of system instability for me and causes huge "hangs" in gameplay.

Not here to complain or whine or bitch or moan, just simply curious as to the status of a fix.

Thanks!

(link to a temporary work-around if this problem occurs for you)

2. Sponsored Links
    This would be interesting to see if they could do anything about this. Seems a lot of people out there are having problems with this chip and not just EU related.

Young
    Just got a reply from someone at Planet Calypso support. They said the developers are definitely aware of the issue and are working towards an option in the Tools menu to select if you've got an FX/Bulldozer processor.

Thanks MindArk! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nilla View Post
    Just got a reply from someone at Planet Calypso support. They said the developers are definitely aware of the issue and are working towards an option in the Tools menu to select if you've got an FX/Bulldozer processor.

Thanks MindArk! <3
    Sweet!! I hope it helps the people who have purchased this chip!!

Hatchling

Question Six months later...

Okay it's been six months since the last post and I am wondering if MA has found that fix.. it might mean a decision between my girlfriend from playing this game, or not at all until this issue is fixed..

So then, has an answer been found?

Benjamin Ben Coyote
    a.k.a. "THe Blind Sniper"

If the problem is in the driver probably we must call AMD not MA

Quote Originally Posted by AxeMurderer View Post
    If the problem is in the driver probably we must call AMD not MA
    It's more then a driver issue. I has a lot to do with the execution of the command files in the X86 directory. AMD set it up to use future commands, but no-one, including Microsoft is using it. The issue is, there is no reason to start using these newer instruction sets because the ones we have now work well with the software and hard ware. AMD thought if they brought it out, then the software companies would embrace it, but they just laughed.

The irony in all this, is that Intel tried this a few years ago with there Pentium 4 chip. It was an utter disaster then, and is still today. One of the biggest reasons why people jumped on board with AMD was because of intel's mistake.. Seems AMD didn't learn from this mistake..