Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    I think you're right OZtwo.

We also don't have answer to my questions... I think I got answers, they just not want to make it public and/or thinking what a plausible and respectable answer could be.

2. Sponsored Links
    the only problem right now OZtwo...
    is that space is diehard failing, MA promised us stuff to do which simply can't be done.

They wanted to add excitement to the game, they wanted to give
    auctions of other planet partners a chance to grow, they wanted to create
    new professions, they wanted to create new tools to burn, they wanted factions to arise up against eachother and have epic spacebattles, they wanted a huge spend in space.

thing is, 1. the logoff issue prevents anyone with lots of loot being looted ( if he has a slight fraction of a brain in his skull)
    2. Warp mines don't work therefore it's impossible to stop a warping mothership or privateer, unless you go sit @ station waiting.

this leads to..
    - pirates sitting in stations killing small targets over and over
    - privateers + motherships never have any official proffessions as they were intended, but only free services for noobs who wish to spend ped/h

so the main problem we all suffer from right now is:
    noobs can't get spacejobs without paying from their own wallet
    ( and imo,, when you have a job.. you get payed, not pay to have a job)
    pirates are stuck with boring fights, sleipnirs and quads @ station
    community irritates itself to pirates always sitting @ station.
    mothership and privateer owners take all profit and crew gets nothing, or slightly nothing.
    oh and the warp mines dont work

i've kinda written this story a few times now,
    it's just a matter of people understanding it that removing logoff will pay off everyone in the end,
    just not the mothership owners and privateer owners.. ( they will earn instead of 250ped/h back to 50-100ped/h)

Banned
    blabla, but questions are not answered and your arguments is not the subject of my thread.

Edit: numbers of potential revenues are totally false and made to lead you out of the truth about their motivations.
    Last edited by Ed Ward; 07-09-2012 at 15:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    thing is, 1. the logoff issue prevents anyone with lots of loot being looted ( if he has a slight fraction of a brain in his skull)
    Yes, you got most right yet again you keep on forgetting that this is a feature.

It's funny but you keep forgetting that the lots of loot is a lot of Real World money that someone put in way more then they got in return for you to go up and steal it all because MA gave you the option to.

This is a flaw which you are trying to ride as long as you can. Remember, yes, this is great in other games, but this isn't other games. But again, sorry to say, I think you already know this. And want to feed off others as long as you can.

But if they don't fixed this, what I would like to see is that all pirates are banned from all stations but the pirate station. If you become a pirate the only way you would be able to off load would be to go to the pirate space station.

Banned
    To focus back on the topic that interests me in this thread i made...

For those that would be interested, anyone tried to figure out where pirate's money comes from if they are not profiting?
    One of the pirates told me that, and truth is even worse than what you said, OZTwo.
    If interested, I'll tell you in PM.
    Trying to evaluate future actions to be taken, knowing what I know. I've not decided yet...

Quote Originally Posted by OZtwo View Post
    pirates keep count on how many they shot down who left the game.
    Pirate knows who leaves the game and who doesn't? Could you please elaborate hows that working? Only way i can imagine they could access that info is to hack into server database.

So most of everyone now stays on one planet or just leaves game
    More interesting statistics. The ratio "players stationary on one planet" : "players roaming around in space" has changed lately you say? And that info is based on...?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Ward View Post
    For those that would be interested, anyone tried to figure out where pirate's money comes from if they are not profiting?
    One of the pirates told me that, and truth is even worse than what you said, OZTwo.
    I might not know the nature of this info, but i do know that the only party with the power to change anything already has all the info (at least all the important statistics)... are you sure all this secrecy is really needed?

The part where u refer to OZTwo is most intriquing, cause the guy never mentions any numbers, in his post there's only his opinions. Dang, u make me really curious 'cause i can't figure out what could the "even worse than you said" possibly refer to...?

Quote Originally Posted by Fifth View Post
    Pirate knows who leaves the game and who doesn't? Could you please elaborate hows that working? Only way i can imagine they could access that info is to hack into server database.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifth View Post
    More interesting statistics. The ratio "players stationary on one planet" : "players roaming around in space" has changed lately you say? And that info is based on...?
    It's all the idea of what space was to be. Space was created so people would be going to other planets more without the cost of the TP. Now I'm guessing this was done to get more people off planet to the Planet Partners. They sure didn't create space just for pirates.

And please don't bring up the MS as the means why pirates are in space to support them. The MS is up in space to give fast transport to other planets and to save money on decay of the player's ships in a pvp zone.

Banned
    Fifth, when you'll read posts, i'll eventually answer if i have something to say.
    (numbers are really in a post)

So, impossible to have an official point of view from stagger, does not surprise me, he's what he claims to be a 'pirate'.
    Instead we can have his propaganda...

Come join my privateer guys! We'll have fun!

-> http://www.neverdie.com/pvp/7523-spa...html#post44537

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Ward View Post
    Fifth, when you'll read posts, ... (numbers are really in a post)
    (all except numbers removed)
    (all except numbers removed)
    Think i figured it out - you wanted to refer to numbers in Staggers post but attributed em to OZTwo by accident. Now i see what u meant, all good!

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    i've kinda written this story a few times now,
    it's just a matter of people understanding it that removing logoff will pay off everyone in the end,
    just not the mothership owners and privateer owners.. ( they will earn instead of 250ped/h back to 50-100ped/h)
    Yes, the same old delusions that people repairskilling on a mothership deserve to be paid for getting skills, and that everyone wins if transport costs increase.

I'd like to see more jobs in space, but removing mothership logoff will have the opposite effect from what you imagine. How will crew stay on the ship if they are not allowed to log off at the end of the day? You want repairers to be paid... but if every passenger is a paid repairer.... who is left to fund the ship? Perhaps you really want mothership services to become extremely expensive so more people are forced to venture out with loot in their quads?

The lack of paid jobs and the subscription model have nothing to do with "logoff" or pirates in any way (you give your pals too much credit). Those issues are a result of the complete inadequacy of the ship's guest list. If MA develops the guest list properly, then perhaps there can be paid jobs on motherships.

Sorry for the OT post..... keep on wasting pirate ammo, Ed. RT is one of the best places to do it, as the pirates seem to be camping that station most lately, probably because of its proximity to the dropships.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast