Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Young

Question Armour upgrade from Ghost to (?)

Hi there,

This is my first post at this forum, so, please have understanding for some misspelling. It's been ages since i hang around in forums. Now I'm gonna be a forum narco again.

I'm wondering about and have bigg issues with the armor upgrade from Ghost.

I currently have the Ghost set with parts variuos from tier 2 to 4. Mostly tier 2 with armor defence enhancers in all available slots/sockets.

I've also complemented this set with Mark.5B plates all over.

I'm satisfied with the set, the decay costs could be lower and some penetration points wouldn't be too bad, but all around I really like it!

Now I'm looking after an armour set that easily could help me hunt the following mobs without having a healer in the back of me. It should be sufficient for me to use my Omegation FAP-90 tier 2.4 with enhancers and heal myself which is possible with the Ghost set vs (as of today) a load of Longtooth's and the simple ones Exarosaur Stalker Elite. compared to the Loongtooth's.

The mobs that the armour should withstand (read; Letting me play solo) is as follows:

• Leviathan
    • Rextelum
    • Scipulor
    • Proteron
    • Kreltin
    • Araneatrox
    • Scoria
    • Sumima
    • Eomon

Please, all tips will be much appreciated. Maybe You could provide + & - for the armour set's presented below:

• Jaguar (?)
    • Phantom
    • Sentinel
    • Shadow
    • Shadow modified
    • Ghoul
    • Angel

Once again, thank You so much if you could provide something!

Regards,
    3llt3

(Any player without a society is welcome to PM me, currently we're only Swedish players. Time to brake the trend maybe!)

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by sprahsn View Post

• Jaguar (?)
    • Phantom
    • Sentinel
    • Shadow
    • Shadow modified
    • Ghoul
    • Angel

Shadow modified is not available to players.
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Young

Confirmation....

Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    Shadow modified is not available to players.
    Okey!

I did read about the armor set in a fourm thread earlier. It could have stated something with a MindArk player using that specifik armor set.

Thanks for the clearance!

Mature
    These are all good armour's, so it really comes down to your budget.

Under 5k: Phantom (personally I don't like phantom and would just stick with ghost)

5-10k: Ghoul (awesome mid-level armour, I use it every day, best allround mid-level armour IMO)

10-15k Jaguar (also great armour, slightly better than Ghoul on some mobs, but not as flexible, personally would take Ghoul over Jaguar for the higher Imp and elec protection)

$$$lots$$$ Angel/Sentinel/Shadow (of course these are all fantastic, if you can afford them)

Mature
    You might also want to look at Tiger in the 10-20k bracket

Old

Cool Armour recommendation

Damage Percentages Review:

Leviathan: 50% Impact / 50% Acid
    Scipulor: 38 Stab / 38 Cut / 24 Impact
    Rextelum: Impact / Cut / Stab / Penetration / Acid
    Proteron: 25 Stab / 25 Impact / 50 Acid
    Kreltin: 75 Impact / 25 Acid
    Araneatrox: 33 Stab / 33 Cut / 33 Impact
    Scoria: 50 Stab / 50 Impact
    Sumima: 72 Impact / 15 Burn / 13 Electric
    Eomon: 50 Stab / 50 Impact

Given the number of mobs in your mix with significant Acid damage I would suggest very strongly that you consider the use of a limited armour for this wide a selection of beasts.

My suggestion would be: RUTUBA (L)

Young

Thumbs Up

Artrat & Cly,

Thank You very very much!

This information was very valuable to me.

My budget wouldn't be a problem, as long as I can get atleast somewhat of the value back when selling in the future. I've considered the total amount of decay for everything, but thats the way it is.

Will surely earn something on my hunts .

Thanks,

3llt3

Quote Originally Posted by sprahsn View Post
    Artrat & Cly,
    My budget wouldn't be a problem, as long as I can get atleast somewhat of the value back when selling in the future.
    This is something noone can guarantee you, as most of the value is in MU - a lot of items lost value during the last years ( ModFap from 350k or so halved in 3 years ). You should also consider that you MIGHT not get the value back.

For small Levi, Kreltin, Aurli you should also be fine with Grem+5b and a decent fap ( UR125 or better )
    Last edited by Jennson; 07-02-2012 at 13:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennson View Post
    This is something noone can guarantee you, as most of the value is in MU - a lot of items lost value during the last years ( ModFap from 350k or so halved in 3 years ). You should also consider that you MIGHT not get the value back.

For small Levi, Kreltin, Aurli you should also be fine with Grem+5b and a decent fap ( UR125 or better )

This is a very valid point. It works the other way around too though. My favorite armor is Nemesis...and that one has MU increased. And MU for resell reasons doesnt really matter for L armor as you can't repair it and it will break down eventually. I do agree with Cly that Rutuba L is very good.

Gremlin is one of the most allround armors available and can be adjusted to the mob with plates as Jennson suggests. I want to ad that I prefer the Pulsar 8 L plates over 5b, being more eco. They are Arkadian crafted plates.

If you are searching in Jaguar range: Tiger is slightly better and L is pretty eco..just keep track of the tear n wear and availability on auction.

And yes..a decent fap is a have to, just try to use it as emergency measure

Good luck out there! Cheers, Roni

Young

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Jennson View Post

Thank You,

I know that the MU is like the stock market, but to be honest I thought that these "higher" (for me) set was pretty stable. Thanks for the head-ups!

I will take the Gremlin set in calculation!

Btw, It costs a sh*t load of money to put items with values and bid/buy-outs in auction if the item is to be sold for let us say 5k and up.
    Isn't there any other platform available like a buy and sell section in any EU forum we're people can make up the deals and then just do trading in-game?

Cheers,

3llt3

Last edited by sprahsn; 07-02-2012 at 16:37. Reason: Spelling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast