Thread: Roleplay - soc

Roleplay - soc

Hey!
    I was at the new arrivals place and one of the newcomers asked if there are any roleplaying societys around.

Anyone know of any roleplaying societys?
    Raxxor

2. Sponsored Links
    Old Alpha
    depends on what you mean by roleplaying. Technically anyone with an avatar is playing a role

Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    depends on what you mean by roleplaying. Technically anyone with an avatar is playing a role
    Yep and I even role-play in rl as well.. Or rather my virtual life is my rl and my rl is my virtual life...

Provider
    There's a few societies where the members pretend to be arseholes. V convincing too. Is that what he is after?

Quote Originally Posted by KikkiJikki View Post
    There's a few societies where the members pretend to be arseholes. V convincing too. Is that what he is after?
    LOL......... oh sorry, that made me laugh...............
    Mrs. Roni RL Jan 21, 2014
    Started EU 11-02-2011

I'm sure, that's exactly what he's looking for!

J/k... but there might be a grain of truth in this, u never know!

Actually that's a good question, i don't know any society that is consciously role-playing as a society. I think RockStars tried it as a society, but sadly it seems only Daisy qualifies as a role-player and they don't accept noobs into soc anyway.

Maybe there is some relatively young and not so well-known role-play soc?

Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    Technically anyone with an avatar is playing a role
    Sorry but that's not true. By "role-play" you can only mean one thing, role-play. And no, not anyone with an avatar is automatically a role-player.
    The confusion was probably caused by Neverdie's famous: "I am my avatar". This is NOT role-play, in fact it's a direct opposite to any role-play - announcement that i'm NOT playing any role, what you see is what i really am (both here and in RL).

People have even attributed this ND quote to MA (maybe some people think ND=MA?) I have heard ppl saying: "MA says we are our avatars!"

Never seen any MA official saying anything like that. Instead, there's numerous posts that show MA favors role-play and that they know what this concept means.

The fact that MA favors roleplaying may have to do with the fact that Marco Behrmann is credited as constructor in 4 swedish pen and paper roleplaying games. And if ppl forgot before 2008 he vas in charge of comunication with the community.

Hatchling
    my idol !

ps. you can join sexy soc if you think of being sexy role play...