Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Young

Thumbs Up Making tons of money playing this game?

I am willing to buy the best armor/weapons, how much would that cost? Well maybe not the best but really good items, I heard it would be around 400-500$ , what about leveling up, how much is it to pay to get the top level. I will probably play the game first and try to level up at least 1 level per day but might pay if it gets boring.

So this brings me to the main point, is it possible to find 1 rare item everyday and sell it for at least 300$? If I or anyone did this then that means $100,800 a year. Still, there is some major risk involved because in 10 years from now if the world doesn't end and there is no major world war (New World Order is diabolical) then where would this game be? We all know MMO's do not last forever but considering this game has a real world $ economy and a dedicated player base then I don't think it would be going anywhere. Still, you never know, I would love for this game to be my full time job but there is no longevity, 20 years from now when Im 42 years old or maybe even 10 years from now when Im 32, would this game still be around? Who knows.

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator101 View Post
    I am willing to buy the best armor/weapons, how much would that cost? Well maybe not the best but really good items, I heard it would be around 400-500$.
    That won't even buy you (repairable) mid level gear.

...what about leveling up, how much is it to pay to get the top level. I will probably play the game first and try to level up at least 1 level per day but might pay if it gets boring.
    Maybe the first 5 profession levels, after that you pretty quickly need weeks and later months for 1 level.

So this brings me to the main point, is it possible to find 1 rare item everyday and sell it for at least 300$?
    No. With a lot of luck (and way more losses than 300$) you'll find one item in that price range per year.

If I or anyone did this then that means $100,800 a year.
    Entropia is a game, not a job.

And who you think is going to pay you all that money for playing a game?
    Moreover with an initial investment of 500$?

No idea where you got your ideas from, but frankly, you got it all wrong.
    Making money in EU is hard work and more luck - even highly skilled people sink 1000s of $ in this game every month and never withdraw a single cent.

And even when you make it somehow some day, it will hardly be more than a hundred $ per month.
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Young
    I don't think this game is for me then, can't you just have fun without spending a lot of money? I won't even be able to do well in pvp then since you get so much more advantages with better gear. Im still interested in this game but it seems like pay to win.

I don't think this game is for me then, can't you just have fun without spending a lot of money? ...
    Yes you can, but that's not what you asked.

You asked about making tons of money from this game ("$100,800 a year"), with only a relatively minor deposit and as Wizzsz has pointed out, that's an unreasonable expectation.

Provider
    You aren't really looking at this the right way.

If you want to have fun you can do that on a small budget. Many people don't deposit at all and enjoy themselves. Personally I think you have a better time if you spend a bit, but that can be less than the usual monthly subscriptions paid in other games. It's really up to you how much you spend.

There's very little point in spending thousands of dollars on uber equipment until you have the skills to use that equipment efficiently.

If you want to make money out of the game then the most reliable and trouble free method is to buy Calypso Land Deeds. Last I checked they were going for around $120. They will give you a return every week based on player activity levels. My guestimate without checking data is around 20% per annum.

Or you can try to make money directly from playing but you don't do that by depending on regular looting of rare items. Rare items are ... rare. You need to understand the game and the market. Reality is most players dont profit.
    And the people who profit well have a good understanding of the game and the economy as well as 10s of thousands of dollars invested.

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by KikkiJikki View Post
    And the people who profit well have a good understanding of the game and the economy as well as 10s of thousands of dollars invested.
    Those who profit "well" are very rare. Those who profit a small amount are quite common, and most of them are traders or miners.

Old

Cool Just to repeat for you here...

... this is not WoW.

Here, there is no "maximum level", so there is no power-levelling service.
    Here, the elite gear is in the thousands of dollars per piece range.

Seriously:
    $2000 for a healing tool
    $5000 for a weapon
    $5000 for the armour

But even with all the gear, you would still be lacking the skills.
    The skills are quite expensive too - if you would like an idea how much it costs to get enough skills to be really great, then ask an avatar named Kimmi Kimmi Efnet - he has done exactly that.

And then even if you had all the skills, you would likely still have weak "attributes", and still be at a disadvantage against older players.

In short - there really is not a "fast way to PVP mastery" in Entropia. It _will_ take you months to years even if you have $100,000 to deposit tomorrow.

That said, there is a very nice and even playing ground at Cyrene right now - that's a good place to have a lot of fun for very cheap because it's designed that way.

So as others have said - it is worth being careful about saying whether you'd like to play a lot for fairly small investments and have fun, or whether you want to be "the best of the best" in a particular area of expertise in the universe.

I don't want to discourage you or seem difficult, just trying to make it clear that this is a very different sort of game to others out there. It's a lot more serious and it's a lot more long-term in general. So as long as you're not expecting to be max-level in 2 weeks, and your expectations are right, you should be fine.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but that is not a realistic expectation to come immedeatly to top level with 500$ initial deposit.

But, you can use cyrene hub, where top gear is not needed, but every avatar is set to equal level, or you can do space pvp, where initial investment is rather small and also your human ability count more than gear.

Regarding drops of top items, well it might happen you get lucky now and then, but certainly not every month.

When you want to play for profit with an initial investment of 500$ my advice would be: start trading. 5k ped is a decent amount to start out trading. Put a part of your profits aside to trade and another part of it to play with. Still expect years to come to top level. ( If ever, as all depends on dedication, will and effort )

Old Alpha
    I am willing to buy the best armor/weapons, how much would that cost? Well maybe not the best but really good items,
    The best item in in game is the Calypso Land Deed since it pays back weekly.

So this brings me to the main point, is it possible to find 1 rare item everyday and sell it for at least 300$? If I or anyone did this then that means $100,800 a year. Still, there is some major risk involved because in 10 years from now if the world doesn't end and there is no major world war (New World Order is diabolical) then where would this game be? We all know MMO's do not last forever but considering this game has a real world $ economy and a dedicated player base then I don't think it would be going anywhere. Still, you never know, I would love for this game to be my full time job but there is no longevity, 20 years from now when Im 42 years old or maybe even 10 years from now when Im 32, would this game still be around? Who knows.

You can't probably find one rare item everyday... but Calypso Land Deeds go for about 120 bucks or so these days I think... They originally were 100 bucks each a few months back. There's 60,000 of those in game and that's it. In theory, if you hold a CLD for 5 or so years it will pay you back the 100 bucks or so that was originally paid for it, and you can then sell it to someone else... So, in theory, you could pay in about 200 bucks a day for a year and just by clds every day... over the course of the next year or so, and then double that money over the next 5-10 years by doing nothing except log in about once a year to keep your account... If you have a spare 73k usd laying around, go ahead and do it. Otherwise, stop dreaming. This is not a get rich quick scheme.

Young
    Never mind then, I just assumed you could find one rare item everyday if you have good gear/weapons and know where to look.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast