Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Old Alpha
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator101 View Post
    Never mind then, I just assumed you could find one rare item everyday if you have good gear/weapons and know where to look.
    you can. Visit a guy dressed in brown.

2. Sponsored Links
    I am willing to buy the best armor/weapons, how much would that cost? Well maybe not the best but really good items, I heard it would be around 400-500$ , what about leveling up, how much is it to pay to get the top level. I will probably play the game first and try to level up at least 1 level per day but might pay if it gets boring.

So this brings me to the main point, is it possible to find 1 rare item everyday and sell it for at least 300$? If I or anyone did this then that means $100,800 a year. Still, there is some major risk involved because in 10 years from now if the world doesn't end and there is no major world war (New World Order is diabolical) then where would this game be? We all know MMO's do not last forever but considering this game has a real world $ economy and a dedicated player base then I don't think it would be going anywhere. Still, you never know, I would love for this game to be my full time job but there is no longevity, 20 years from now when Im 42 years old or maybe even 10 years from now when Im 32, would this game still be around? Who knows.
    In the last five years I've seen avatars that from the beginning have invested heavily, almost none of them has managed to survive because even they purchased equipment and skills lacked in the experience to use them and have have incurred in heavy losses. I try to advise the newcomers entering my society telling them that anyone needs 3 things to win in in this game: prudence, patience and perseverance. If Lootius, the god of the loot in Entropia Universe, takes pity on you and gives you a big prize (ATH or HoF), even better.
    JoseM Tacoral
    General
    Argentrópicos
    http://www.argentropia.com.ar
    La Web de la comunidad hispaanoparlante de Entropia Universe.

Young
    Just to put things into perspective:
    Most people around this community take pride in keeping their PED card at the same level even if they hunt, mine or craft; essentially playing the game for free.

Getting something that is similar to minimum vague in a poor country is possible in this game, but is quite circumstantial and is more about knowledge of the game rather than how much you put in.

So this brings me to the main point, is it possible to find 1 rare item everyday and sell it for at least 300$?
    Only if you know where to look. It helps to have the secret X-ray glasses. You simply put them on and scan the mob for loot and it shows you what is inside.

OK so I'm joking...

Really unreasonable expectations in this thread from the getgo.

If it was possible to do this everyone would be doing it. Entropia Universe is a game, just like any other. That game consists of a service provided to customers by a parent company, MindArk, whereby the customers pay to take part in it.

Yes, some people have figured out how to make a sum of money playing.

But to come in and expect regular daily payouts?

I think you have mistaken this game platform for "The Great Cash Giveaway."

I highly doubt MindArk or any other company has a printing press in their basement that they can just replicate massive amounts of money to consistently distribute to all of their customers....

Really. The Federal Reserve Bank of the United States has a monopoly on that. Imagine how they would feel!
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

You can probably make more money being a pirate with relatively little investment but I am only guessing
    soLO - Col. Death- BlackAngels Edition

Provider
    I don't think this game is for me then, can't you just have fun without spending a lot of money? I won't even be able to do well in pvp then since you get so much more advantages with better gear. Im still interested in this game but it seems like pay to win.
    I've been playing for 2 years now; Am a proffessional sweater; Have never deposited anything; And have had lots of fun. But, I also haven't "made" any money. This game is a real cash economy game and MindArk needs to make money to keep the game going. So, it's like gambling where the house wins more often than the players. MA needs to make the money, not the players. Of course, there have been some rare instances in the past where people have done well in this game; invested lots of time, money, and research; and have actually made this game a job. The most successful story would be that of Neverdie who went from owning the asteroid to owning Rocktropia. But this is a rare occurance, takes a lot of work, and is much harder to accomplish now than it was years ago. But, if you treat it like a game and not a job you can certainly have fun for a small monthly fee. If nothing else, the scenery is wonderfully fun to explore.

As for pvp. Yes, you either need really good equipment/skills or really good teamwork to win. However, planet Cyrene has a pvp area called "The Hub" where skills and equipment don't matter. They have it setup so that only real world skill and strategy matters in the pvp arenas. And, best of all, with the latest update you can now enter the arenas through sweating (which is a free activity) So, in theory, you can win peds in the arenas without needing to deposit. (Every time you kill a player you gain 80% of the ped in tokens that you used to enter the arena. So, in the lowest non sweat arena you pay 0.25 ped to get in and win 0.20ped every kill you get. Highest arena is 10ped to get in so you would win 8ped per kill.) In theory, just kill other players more than you die and you can make ped through pvp.

As far as the game going anywhere. While MA is very incompetent, the other planet partners, minus Next Island, are fairly decent in their handling of situations. Also, MA is very dedicated to this game. It's already been around for about 10 years and I really don't think it'll be going anywhere anytime soon unless something major happens.

I think this person never made an avatar. At least after his *I dont think this game is for me* he never posted here again. So I strongly doubt he ever downloaded Entropia.

Cheers, Roni

Quote Originally Posted by Roni View Post
    I think this person never made an avatar. At least after his *I dont think this game is for me* he never posted here again. So I strongly doubt he ever downloaded Entropia.

Cheers, Roni
    Still, I wonder, how did he come up with this idea to make 100k usd a year from Entropia, if he didn't even check out the game itself..

Old Alpha
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonbiter View Post
    Still, I wonder, how did he come up with this idea to make 100k usd a year from Entropia, if he didn't even check out the game itself..
    WIKIPEDIA... and/or Book of World records...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropia_Universe
    On November 9, 2005, the BBC reported that "Deathifier" had recouped his investment in under a year. He made money by selling virtual homes as well as taxing other gamers to hunt or mine on the island. "The money made to date is only a taste of what can be achieved with my virtual island purchase," said Deathifier.[10]
    Mike Everest, a home-schooled high school senior from Durango, Colorado, and his mother earned $35,000 in 2006 by constructing and selling weapons in Entropia. Of this, $12,000 will be used as college funds for his siblings. Everest spent an average of three hours per day playing the game and intended to continue playing to fund his own college education.[12]
    On October 24, 2005, a virtual 'Asteroid Space Resort' was bought by Jon "Neverdie" Jacobs for a sum of 1,000,000 PED (US$100,000), greatly surpassing the sale of Treasure Island. Jon Jacobs is also the writer and producer of a song played within the Entropia Universe called "Gamer Chick". The Asteroid was named Club NEVERDIE after Jacobs's own in game Avatar and has made headlines around the world for the high price of the purchase and his own ambitious plans to turn the resort into a venue for "Live Entertainment in Virtual Reality" Although, TO create this Virtual Entertainment for us, he took the huge gamble of mortaging his own house in order to purchase the Space Station. He later reported that his investment had almost tripled in the 2 years following. Some also believe this was a publicity scam made up by MindArk.[9]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast