Hatchling

Question About Land Ownership

Hi all!

I have been playing for a few days now and really like the game however I would like to make an investment and buy some land and set up maybe a hunting outpost, I was wandering if anyone could steer me in the right direction to go on this matter?

I have about $1000 to put into it and I am currently on planet Calypso.

2. Sponsored Links
    Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by Harkness View Post
    Hi all!

I have been playing for a few days now and really like the game however I would like to make an investment and buy some land and set up maybe a hunting outpost, I was wandering if anyone could steer me in the right direction to go on this matter?

I have about $1000 to put into it and I am currently on planet Calypso.
    As for a land area (OLA) it will cost quite a lot more than 1k dollars I fear (and require quite a lot of knowledge of the game to make successful). A better option for you currently (if you just want ROI) would likely be to buy CLD's (Calypso Land Deeds) which pay out each monday.

/Sbi

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbi View Post
    As for a land area (OLA) it will cost quite a lot more than 1k dollars I fear (and require quite a lot of knowledge of the game to make successful). A better option for you currently (if you just want ROI) would likely be to buy CLD's (Calypso Land Deeds) which pay out each monday.

/Sbi
    could you explain a bit more about CLD's and why they pay out each monday?

Old

Cool CLDs

CLDs are "Calypso Land Deeds".

There are 60,000 of them, and they represent 3 main things
    - "shares in the profits from Planet Calypso" and
    - "a right to vote on issues affecting Planet Calypso" and
    - "a right to claim a plot of land per deed at a later date"

The first part of their benefits is active now - every week on Monday, 25% of the total income for Planet Calypso is divided by 60,000 and returned to the holders of Deeds - one share for each deed you own.

These deeds do not expire, Mind Ark's original estimate was that they would see somewhere around a 27% return on Investment over the course of a year, based on a starting cost of 1000 PED per deed.

At the moment the deeds are trading between 1200 and 1250 a pop so they are tracking "strongly" really, compared to their starting price.

When the income for the week is high, people are happy, when it drops low, they bitch. This is normal - income for MA is not a flat line through the year, it has highs and lows. So far the deeds are in fact tracking roughly as predicted even given the various economic woes the world is facing, numerous "sky is falling" threads and so on.

The political / voting system has not been utilised yet and it's not clear exactly how that will work, but in theory your vote will have a weight based on how many citizenship deeds you hold.

The land-claim system is under development and is projected for release somewhere in 2013 at present. Hope that helps with your question.

Feel free to ask more at need.
    There is lots of information on this topic available here and at planetcalypsoforum.com

Hatchling
    I thank you so much! that was everything I needed to know, but might I ask if you could point me in the direction of where I could purchase these?

Provider
    They can only be gotten from other players. Check selling threads or try twin peaks in game. Gl

/Sbi

The easy place to look (for CLD) is Auction on Caly. Player to player trading also occurs mostly at twin peaks.
    All my PEDs are belong to Mrs Stevens

Stevens Family Enterprises brings you the following shops:
    UK Fashion, Rocktropia --- Celeste North 6, Arkadia
    PA Mall Floor 1 #11, Calypso --- PA Mall Floor 1 #7, Calypso

Old

Cool I buy mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Harkness View Post
    I thank you so much! that was everything I needed to know, but might I ask if you could point me in the direction of where I could purchase these?
    ... on Calypso Forum mostly - usually someone there will have some for sale and you can message them and organise a collection / exchange.

But yes - I see CLDs constantly on the auction, and in the more crowded places you can usually find people shouting for trades as well. Good luck out there!
    Last edited by Cly; 07-29-2012 at 09:05.