Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: wow...

Young
    Quote Originally Posted by Nor Alien View Post
    Ah the 286.. *sniff* brings back memories.. Ever play with the AT's and XT's?? Now that was a work of art.. lol
    of course. they were only art because they were such a pain in the ass, that once you finished building one, you felt like Rembrandt

2. Sponsored Links
    I'm in the Player Register ingame (rightclik > System > Player Register), feel free to add me if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Numberyellow View Post
    of course. they were only art because they were such a pain in the ass, that once you finished building one, you felt like Rembrandt
    LOL soo very true.. but the best way to learn!!

After all the drama here... did you manage to get the game loaded?

Young
    Quote Originally Posted by Serica View Post
    I'm in the Player Register ingame (rightclik > System > Player Register), feel free to add me if you wish.
    if i ever get the game working, sure.

Young
    LOL soo very true.. but the best way to learn!!

After all the drama here... did you manage to get the game loaded?
    Nope...

The errors you've reported are similar to the ones many had after VU10.

So, take a look at this thread on the Calypso forum: Compiled help for issues or errors installing VU10.0 client

The help you need to get things running may well be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Serica View Post
    The errors you've reported are similar to the ones many had after VU10.

So, take a look at this thread on the Calypso forum: Compiled help for issues or errors installing VU10.0 client

The help you need to get things running may well be there.
    Damn thats where it is lol.. I can find the system requirements in 4 seconds but didn't find this.. lol most likely cause I had forgotten about it.. Good show..

But this adds to the mystery a bit.. When is last time anyone has had to go this distance in order to install the game..

Since then, I have installed EU most likely 15 times.. Some just as a reinstall for my own personal interests, but the vast majority is on a fresh install of windows or on others computers for them to try it out... In all that time, I have only had to do the side by side error 3 times untill 2010, and since 2010, not once...

This intrigue's me as I would like to know how many others have had this problem installing the game.

Numberyellow once you try this fix (from the stated info given by serica) let us know if it fixed it..

Dominant
    But this adds to the mystery a bit.. When is last time anyone has had to go this distance in order to install the game..

Since then, I have installed EU most likely 15 times.. Some just as a reinstall for my own personal interests, but the vast majority is on a fresh install of windows or on others computers for them to try it out... In all that time, I have only had to do the side by side error 3 times untill 2010, and since 2010, not once...

This intrigue's me as I would like to know how many others have had this problem installing the game.
    I haven't had any trouble installing EU. I've done it perhaps 5 times in the last year on various computers. It's been pretty much 1 click. The biggest difficulty is waiting for the download. Never saw any side by side error.

One reason I think they don't publish the minimum requirements on the download page is that it's subjective. My computer might handle EU at a level that is fine for me but is unacceptable to other players used to fast, smooth eye candy graphics. But the absolute minimum specs are quite low if you're content to play in safe mode or low. It will sometimes even work when the client loader tells you that your computer doesn't meet the "minimum" requirements.

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandis View Post
    Took me about 15 seconds to find the system requirements, just to see how hard it was.

Other than that you complain about some Visual C++ error, thus making this software the most broken PoS you've ever used.

Both statements just make you come off as really, really, really bad at handling your pc.
    Imho, the "side by side" (alternatively, "program error") problem due to wrong version of the C++ library is a serious problem. For instance "side by side" error probably confuses the average non-computerfreak (who doesn't know that there are both 64 and 32-bit programs), and the "Program error" suggests there is a problem with the program (either a bug by MA, or that the program needs to be downloaded again). None of these messages give any clue what's wrong and how to solve it.

And when it comes to solving it, you need to download two fixes from Microsoft and then install them in the right order.

If possible, the install package from MA should include these fixes, along with instructions on how to install them and in which order.
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Quote Originally Posted by aia View Post
    Imho, the "side by side" (alternatively, "program error") problem due to wrong version of the C++ library is a serious problem. For instance "side by side" error probably confuses the average non-computerfreak (who doesn't know that there are both 64 and 32-bit programs), and the "Program error" suggests there is a problem with the program (either a bug by MA, or that the program needs to be downloaded again). None of these messages give any clue what's wrong and how to solve it.

And when it comes to solving it, you need to download two fixes from Microsoft and then install them in the right order.

If possible, the install package from MA should include these fixes, along with instructions on how to install them and in which order.
    It would confuse the average gamer for sure. As for the serious part, that would be because they wouldn't even bother to try and fix it. So yes I agree.

The question I had, was how many new people in last year or so, have had this problem. Like Neil, I have installed it many times (15 or so) and only had the problem show up 3 times. These times though were before 2010, so since then, I would like to know how many times it has affected people.

The reason for the use of the older C++ is due to getting Cry 2 to work the way MA wanted it to. Remember, it wasn't designed to work the way it is now. I think it's like an overlay. Overlapping the old engines abilities onto Cry 2 engine. In this way, they can take the engine and make it work the way they wanted it to without the vast amount of reprograming it would have taken otherwise. There was some things they couldn't return right away though. Taming being the final one. (This is my theory)

In Kims pictures for the next update, you can see that MA is getting the grasp of the engine more and more. I think that from here on, we will start seeing the power of the Cry 2 engine. I would even venture to say that once they get even more time with it, they will be able to bring it into the future. (direct X 10, 11,)

But for the topic, I am wondering if Numberyellow's problem with the side by side error is an isolated one or are there more that hasn't surfaced yet or in the past. If so, then yes, this is a big problem as there could be alot of people who tried it but never figured, or bother to figure, out how to fix it..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast