Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hatchling

Can't extract any sweat

So anyway, I finally started playing yesterday after resolving an issue of being stuck between worlds. I did all the tutorials etc. Then I came to Caypso and I got a quest to get 40 trophies from some of those creatures, but it used up my amo very quickly, I was out of PED, so I decided to go sweating. I worked fine at first, but then once i collected 30 bottles it stopped working. The game doesn't allow me to collect sweat anymore. I put all my items in the bank except the collector, I tried reequipting it multiple times, I tried reloging multiple times but nothing seems to work. I play this game for less that 2 days and I'm all ready sick of it. -.- It's full of bugs, I fall through the ground all the time, and after all this I have no intentions of depositing any money. It's just stupid that developers don't put in some more effort in actually attracting new players, cause so far I've seen only like 3 new players around me in that newb clothes. I mean thats really bad, I'll take an example of game PWI, developed by Perfect World, I played it before and when I joined there were tens of new players around me and game isn't that good, but it attracts new players, by good commercials and good tutorials at the beginning of the game, Entropia doesn't have any of that, just so to say....

Thnx in advance if anyone can help me with sweating issue

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Carapa View Post
    So anyway, I finally started playing yesterday after resolving an issue of being stuck between worlds. I did all the tutorials etc. Then I came to Caypso and I got a quest to get 40 trophies from some of those creatures, but it used up my amo very quickly, I was out of PED, so I decided to go sweating. I worked fine at first, but then once i collected 30 bottles it stopped working. The game doesn't allow me to collect sweat anymore. I put all my items in the bank except the collector, I tried reequipting it multiple times, I tried reloging multiple times but nothing seems to work. I play this game for less that 2 days and I'm all ready sick of it. -.- It's full of bugs, I fall through the ground all the time, and after all this I have no intentions of depositing any money. It's just stupid that developers don't put in some more effort in actually attracting new players, cause so far I've seen only like 3 new players around me in that newb clothes. I mean thats really bad, I'll take an example of game PWI, developed by Perfect World, I played it before and when I joined there were tens of new players around me and game isn't that good, but it attracts new players, by good commercials and good tutorials at the beginning of the game, Entropia doesn't have any of that, just so to say....

Welcome to Entropia.

Short answer, you may need to file a support case. I am not sure why you are having this problem with sweat gathering.

Long answer:

Yes the learning curve for this game is high. It takes alot of reading and research to understand the complex nature of how things work. This is only somewhat explained in the gateway missions. The reality is, this isn't a game for the people who want to finish in lets say a year. This game is for an extreme amount of time, years.

But you are correct, we need to try and explain this more in the gateway part. I haven't been there myself as I started in 2006. Yep been here that long. From what I have seen of it on youtube and reading about it on the forums, it does cover the basics, like hunting, mining, and gathering sweat.

The thing that is happening to you atm is an update that just happened. This game is very hard to predict as to what will happen with each VU. The underlining problem lies with the engine and the amount of modifications MA had to do to it in order to use it for this MMO. Cry 2 was not designed to be a MMO engine, so it is pretty impressive that they have been able to do this.

The side effect, they run into problems with everything they add. I know this isn't an excuse or am I saying that it's right, its just a reality with this game.

They are starting with advertising to attract more people. I think they may need to fix alot more bugs before pushing for the big ads. Just my opinion of course.

It's true!

K sorry, was guessing you were a noob learning the ropes...but found that there just isn't anymore sweat out there! It's true! Where all the sweat go!

Hatchling
    I did a lot of research about the game before I started playing it and I know what do I have to do, and that it takes really a lot of time, but the game isn't allowing me to do it. Sweating is for now as much as I know the only way to earn PEDs as a newb, and if I'm not able to do it, well then farewell to Calypso, I'm going back to Earth :P

When you say ".. I worked fine at first, but then once i collected 30 bottles it stopped working. The game doesn't allow me to collect sweat anymore...''

do you mean that you got a message saying 'You cant extract any more sweat from this creature' ?

If so, there is a limit on the number of units of sweat that can be extracted from each mob before it is 'dry'. Sometimes you'll find that some other player has dried out all the mobs in an area (which can be a little annoying), although most players will kill mobs once dry (aka 'swunting' = sweating+hunting).

Turrets can be very useful for recycling dry mobs if you dont want to use (or sometimes, have) a weapon to kill them.

If on the other hand, you're simply getting a lot of 'fail' messages ('target has moved' etc) or just no sweat, all you can do is persist.

The 'auto-use tool' function can remove a lot of the tedium of sweating.
    Open the action library (default = Y) and the edit panel (default = L) and drag the icon onto the desktop. Alternately you can assign it to a hotkey by also opening the keymap (default = G) and dragging the icon from the action library window onto a key of your choice.

To use: equip the tool, aim, and then clik on the auto-use icon (or use the assigned hotkey).

As the new Thule/Gateway area IS new, there may well be a few minor bugs there (pretty inevitable with any significant VU change), however if you report them via a Support Case, the Calypso team will know to fix them (hopefully in the next available VU).

I would however suggest that if you're still on Gateway/Thule and have finished all missions there, you move on to join the main game area.

Hatchling
    Sorry I forgot "t" "IT worked fine...", but yeah the thing is that I don't get any sort of message except when the target moves or it hits me and I get distracted. But something that really confuses me is that it says in the chat box that I'm getting sweating skill, but I don't get any sweat, so wtf. I checked my whole inventory, scrolled down and there is non of it, except the initial 30 that I was able to collect before. Also I don't get that pop up inventory that appears when you collect something. And you said that creatures mignt be dry and I'm aware of that and no they're not dry.

Another thing too, my gun doesn't work every time, idk if this is normal. I click operate like 10 times and that green light only appears once or twice, also as I said before, in the chat box it says that I get the skill, every time the process finishes and the green light is gone and I do that 4-5 times per animal and then it says it is dry. WTF how can it be dry if I didn't get any sweat from it. I'm 100% that it is a bug and that it is not my fault and I'm not doing anything wrong.

I have a feeling that this game hates me, cause I've been having problems with it form second 1 meaning that 1st time I downloaded launcher it was corrupted/didn't work, and then problems continued...

... But something that really confuses me is that it says in the chat box that I'm getting sweating skill, but I don't get any sweat, so wtf. ...
    This is normal. Skill gain messages are not linked to loot outcomes.

...Another thing too, my gun doesn't work every time, idk if this is normal. I click operate like 10 times and that green light only appears once or twice, also as I said before, in the chat box it says that I get the skill, every time the process finishes ...
    This is normal too. Not every sweat attempt will be a success. In fact, most wont be (and just as well, as we'd be drowning in sweat!) - perhaps 1 in 10 or 20 might succeed.

... the green light is gone and I do that 4-5 times per animal and then it says it is dry. WTF how can it be dry if I didn't get any sweat from it. I'm 100% that it is a bug and that it is not my fault and I'm not doing anything wrong...
    Now this does sound like a bug, and certainly one that I would report if I were you. I'd also move to an area where you find other new players sweating (like Swamp Camp, just north-east of Port Atlantis), and ask in local chat if others are experiencing the same thing as you.

... I have a feeling that this game hates me, cause I've been having problems with it form second 1 meaning that 1st time I downloaded launcher it was corrupted/didn't work, and then problems continued...
    No, it's not personal, MindArk hates everyone

Entropia can be a confusing and frustrating game at first. There's an awful lot to learn, and not all of it is obvious or intuitive. But it's the one game I've encountered that never tires - and I've played every single day since 2006. It's not a really a game - it's a lifestyle

You might consider finding a mentor ingame who can talk you thru things in the early stages. There is a mentor register ingame .. I'd suggest you look for someone who is in the same timezone (or plays in the same timezone) and speaks the same native language as you (yes I know that those are both obvious criteria, but you'd be surprised how many don't think to check first )
    Finding and joining a congenial society can make a big difference to your gameplay too!

Provider

Please don't give up on this game just yet. EU isn't in its right mind at the moment to completely represent itself. EU is always very glitchy right after an update, especially a large version update such as the one last tuesday. This would be why you are experiences alot of these glitches. Update problems are normally fixed in the next mini patch which is supposed to happen next week. EU is a very large game and it can become difficult for MA to handle everything and keep all of its updates in check. It has changed alot in the last 2 years. Unlike most games it is constantly changing; I call it a "continual beta". MA has been working on developing their new player experience (infact that is the main thing they worked on in this last version update) and they try to promote, though most of the promotion is done by word of mouth. I've seen times when a flood of new players was coming in, and other times when no new players were coming in. It fluctuates. The game can seem really unstable, but once you get to know it you see that it isn't as unstable as you once thought it was. It has alot of potential and is a great game once you get into it.

Provider
    Sorry I forgot "t" "IT worked fine...", but yeah the thing is that I don't get any sort of message except when the target moves or it hits me and I get distracted. But something that really confuses me is that it says in the chat box that I'm getting sweating skill, but I don't get any sweat, so wtf. I checked my whole inventory, scrolled down and there is non of it, except the initial 30 that I was able to collect before. Also I don't get that pop up inventory that appears when you collect something. And you said that creatures mignt be dry and I'm aware of that and no they're not dry.

Another thing too, my gun doesn't work every time, idk if this is normal. I click operate like 10 times and that green light only appears once or twice, also as I said before, in the chat box it says that I get the skill, every time the process finishes and the green light is gone and I do that 4-5 times per animal and then it says it is dry. WTF how can it be dry if I didn't get any sweat from it. I'm 100% that it is a bug and that it is not my fault and I'm not doing anything wrong.

I have a feeling that this game hates me, cause I've been having problems with it form second 1 meaning that 1st time I downloaded launcher it was corrupted/didn't work, and then problems continued...
    To add to what others have said. Try Oberon's 1 fix all solution and cross a server line or 2. Doing this will fix just about any glitch you have. One time my car was glitched and I couldn't put it in my inventory. Oberon had me drive him over 2 server lines and then my car was fixed forever.

Hatchling
    guys thnx for help

but i don't know how, but sweating started working again from it self, and i also managed to meet some guy who flew me around and explained me a lot of things he was really helpful

but anyways guys thank you all and im im not gonna give up on this game yet ;D

(CASE CLOSED)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast