Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hatchling
    I was trying to farm gears myself to make peds. I found it very hard to compete for spawns on the 10hp mobs. Was quite a grind to get to 100.

A few things.

I had to switch from my HK110 to opalo because I was being ks after my first shot. Was hard to keep up with players and the spawns.
    Players with high skill out there farming them up too cause the getting was good..
    I was using my substantial gains to buy RK-5 and ww to skill repair. Also loved the skill gain I was getting from the vixens.

My opinion is they reduced drop rate because they felt people making ped instead of depositing. But if you think about are players buying them depositing?

Anyway looks like they took a new players long hours of grinding to make some peds and skill away because were not suppose to be able to make peds consistantly..

PS. they should have made more areas of spawns more. The MU was going down because they were being farmed so much. Now anyone who holds a good stock of those gears are going to make a killing. I got a friend who is holding out with 500+
    Last edited by Tom Star; 09-05-2012 at 05:10.

2. Sponsored Links
    Old Alpha
    might not be a bug? Planet Partner determines loot tables... Ask Neverdie?...

Dominant
    If MA had wanted to reduce the profitability, they would increased the gear drop rate, not cut it off. If the only source of gears has been eliminated (not sure if there are other sources) then MA has broken one of RT's BPs. So, either MA has moved these gears to drop from something else or there's some problem with it. Either way, bring it to the PP's attention, that's probably a better way to get something done about it.

EU is dynamic. Loot changes. Find a way to adapt. There are other small mobs that you can hunt for profit, perhaps not as high profit as the vixens. If it were easy to find profitable mobs and hunting techniques, everyone would do it and then the loot wouldn't be profitable anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Stockton View Post
    ...not sure if there are other sources...
    Entropedia shows 7 Rt mobs drop Vixen Android Gear.

Given a markup of some 5000%, it's not surprising that hunters are keen to loot them. And as they're used in crafting an L mining amp, there's a good chance of regular demand.

However, it's been observed before that if 'too many' hunters are targeting the same loot, the drop rate will reduce in average frequency (ie probably same total drop but as spread over more hunters) and may even completely stop if it reaches a certain point over a period of time (which is presumably set by MA as part of its balancing process).

This was well illustrated during WoF in an earlier year when participants in a series of Molisk rounds reported either total absence of Molisk Teeth in loots or infrequent drops of 1-2 in a stack instead of the expected 5-8. As these ONLY drop from Molisk the effect was more obvious.

You may find that if the Cyber Street Vixens are being 'over-hunted' causing reduced loots of these items, one of the other mobs that drops the same item will loot them more instead. Or not. Loot is dynamic.

Dominant
    One observation I did when hunting Eomons, was that eomon hide seemed to have almost dropped to zero.
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Mature
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    how about sparing me the sarcasm and indirect cynical insults, and respond with something constructive maybe ?
    If what you said was true, it was clearly an unbalanced situation, and now they fixed it. Be happy you had the luck to profit from an unbalanced situation instead of whining about it being fixed?

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by Serica View Post
    Entropedia shows 7 Rt mobs drop Vixen Android Gear.

Given a markup of some 5000%, it's not surprising that hunters are keen to loot them. And as they're used in crafting an L mining amp, there's a good chance of regular demand.

However, it's been observed before that if 'too many' hunters are targeting the same loot, the drop rate will reduce in average frequency (ie probably same total drop but as spread over more hunters) and may even completely stop if it reaches a certain point over a period of time (which is presumably set by MA as part of its balancing process).

This was well illustrated during WoF in an earlier year when participants in a series of Molisk rounds reported either total absence of Molisk Teeth in loots or infrequent drops of 1-2 in a stack instead of the expected 5-8. As these ONLY drop from Molisk the effect was more obvious.

You may find that if the Cyber Street Vixens are being 'over-hunted' causing reduced loots of these items, one of the other mobs that drops the same item will loot them more instead. Or not. Loot is dynamic.
    I find this to be fact in hunting these. As a matter a fact I notice that all of the vixen parts stop dropping at a certain point especialy when a high level players pull all of the 10hp mobs on the field doing 50% or more dmg and then finishing them all in one spot. Then all i get is a record or some residue because the loot has been killed. So low level players lose out on getting anything from these when higher levels are farming the 10hp mobs. PLEASE MAKE MORE AREAS OF THESE MOBS or keep high level players with most stats over 50 from clearing them out to nothing lootable but residue...!!

Here are some examples of high level avatars killing 10hp mobs out of 6 of us on field now 4 have these stats. Why not go kill higher level vixens? Cause I can't

Last edited by Tom Star; 09-09-2012 at 13:06. Reason: Add picture

Hatchling
    Well I guess the forum don't like any picture hosting sites...
    Last edited by Tom Star; 09-09-2012 at 13:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Star View Post
    Well I guess the forum don't like any picture hosting sites...
    Indeed. But you can upload the pic (.jpg works best here) to the Gallery Section here, and then post the thumbnail to the thread.

Hatchling
    http://www.entropiaforum.com/gal/sho...php?i=2031&c=5

Click to enlarge

Hey in most other games high level characters don't get exp or loot from low level mobs.
    Last edited by Tom Star; 09-09-2012 at 14:17.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast