Thread: Ammo Burn

Hatchling

Ammo Burn

every 50-100 kills (give or take) the amount of ammo drops 200 rounds. exactly 200 rounds. using the ewe proton2 pistol.
    this is how it goes. 3-5 shots to kill a mob. almost every other mob loots weapon cells. so 1 in 2. or almost half the mobs. so you burn your own ammo down to a point but then looting weapon cells brings it back up again.
    i think what is happening is once i loot 200 weapon cells it drops 200 weapon cells and brings me back down to where i would be if i had never looted any weapon cells in the first place.
    i bought enough weapon cells today to give me slightly over 4k rounds and i figured if it takes 4 shots on average to kill a mob i'd only have enough ammo for 1000 kills. but thats not factoring the looted weapon cells. this is what seems to be happening.
    i didn't notice this before the most recent patch but then i really wasn't killing much until the last couple days.
    if this is not supposed to be this way will you give me my weapon cells back??? they cost money you know.
    it doesn't happen during the looting it happens while shooting. i just watched my ammo go from 1361 to 1160 with one shot. this has been happening all day. anyone else notice this???

also btw am running the 5000 punies mission and i got up to 2072/5000 and thought eh 3 more and i'll have 2075 before taking a break. so i closed the mission window and killed 3 more punies and went to look and it only showed 2074/5000.

i think the program that monitors the count on things like ammo or mission progress is malfunctioning.
    Last edited by D3M0N60D; 11-21-2012 at 07:59. Reason: additional information

2. Sponsored Links
  3. 11-21-2012, 15:58
    Reason
    spam

Hatchling

update

dont really know what that guy is on about. a lot of cameras.

i got down to about 1000 rounds of ammo with my ewe-2 proton and 200 ammo burn quit. dont know if anyone fixed it or not but i do remember reading a thread about refining sweat & nexus. it was suggested not to refine more than 1000 at a time or it fails.

well,

don't have more than 1000 rounds of ammo or else the 1970's ibm garage sale servers mindark must obviously use will need the tape reels rewound.

btw thanks for all the help from everyone on this thread. i dont know what i would have done without all of your suggestions.
    Last edited by D3M0N60D; 11-21-2012 at 19:50. Reason: sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by D3M0N60D View Post
    btw thanks for all the help from everyone on this thread. i dont know what i would have done without all of your suggestions.
    I've read your post twice.

If reading twice is not enough to understand what you are actually trying to say, a third time wont make it any better.

Making a post on a forum requires a certain minimum of structuring.
    It is simply not enough to throw a bunch of losely related thoughts in no particular order in one post, you know...

However, the sarcastic remark i've quoted above is totally out of place - what kind of "help" exactly did you expect?
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by D3M0N60D View Post
    i got down to about 1000 rounds of ammo with my ewe-2 proton and 200 ammo burn quit. dont know if anyone fixed it or not but i do remember reading a thread about refining sweat & nexus. it was suggested not to refine more than 1000 at a time or it fails.
    In my experience the mind essence refining bug was limited to the TT refiner. Once I got a T-104 I could refine as much as I wanted. I don't think the refining bug is related to this problem.

My best guess about the ammo anomaly is that it's due to lag. Do you still see it happening? It's good to check this kind of thing every once in a while... a bug could be taking a few percent more ammo than it's supposed to and not many would notice.

Yes, this is one of the sync bugs that is going around that I have no idea why MA hasn't shut down the servers to fix. What happens is this:

When it gets stuck, it sticks at a given number. Anytime you get ammo (0.0ped) it will then go back to that given number until it goes down a full 100. So if you had 1203 shots and shot 100 times, sticking at 1203 it would then drop down to 1103. Now if you get more than 0.0ped (or 0.0 = 1 shot) of ammo in any given loot, your shots then would go up in the value of the ammo dropped. Now the bug. What happens when it gets below 100 some my ask? Nothing..it sticks forever as long as you don't get the value down to 0 while hunting a given mob.

Do I use the bug? No. But I'm guessing a lot have been and again, it is very odd that MA hasn't done anything about it yet.

Hatchling
    In my experience the mind essence refining bug was limited to the TT refiner. Once I got a T-104 I could refine as much as I wanted. I don't think the refining bug is related to this problem.