Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hatchling

Thumbs Down Running bug while mining

Hello gents,

It saddens me to do this, but I have to share this disappointing little story, regarding MindArk and their maturity as a company.

A couple of days ago, I have decided to go PRO and mine with amps. I have decided to buy a level 5 amp, a brand new one (223 PED). Now, this 223 PED represented 20% of my total money, so it was a big deal for me.

Took my probes, took my amp and went to Shinook Jungle to mine some Gazz/Belk.
    I set my finder to ore only, did about 3-4 drops N of Teleporter, didn't get any claims, so I decided to log out for a couple of hours.

A couple of hours later, I log in, far from the TP, take my finder and continue bombing. Bomb after bomb, I wasn't getting any claims.
    Now, I am a very stubborn miner, this got me a couple of globals in the past, so I went on bombing, running NE, hoping for my luck to shine through.

And then it hit me... The awesome bug that most of us experienced these last couple of days, the one when the EU client tells you are running, but in reality you stand still in place. So apparently, I simply dropped over 15 bombs, with a level 5 amp, while standing in the same spot, thus the no claims thing.
    All in all, this roughly cost me around 50-60 PEDs, which is about 5% of my total account, so it is big for me.

So I decided to send support a case and ask for a decay refund for my amp, did not ask for my probes or anything. I was sure that they will take responsibility for their bug.

So guess what happened? This is the warm reply that I got from MA:

Thank you very much for the detailed information. Please accept our truthful apologies for the inconveniences this has caused you. Unfortunately, I must inform you that due to technical reasons both unexpected and unavoidable issues that affect the performance of the system do occasionally occur and, according to the EULA 5 and 6, we do not compensate for losses in such cases.

Please rest assured that we will certainly investigate this matter further, try to locate the cause and take all reasonable efforts in order to prevent this from happening again.
    So there's that... Nothing. Just an automated reply that doesn't do sh!t for me, doesn't warm me in any way.

So next time, when you lose a CLD, an item, or maybe anything else, don't expect that your property and interests are safe.

They can screw you over and laugh it all the way to the bank.

Extremely disappointed, and will very much probably leave the game soon.

2. Sponsored Links
    Dominant
    Fifteen NRFs in a row using a lvl 5 finder is nothing out of the ordinary. I wouldn't assume you were bugged just because of that. (Maybe you were, maybe you weren't).

In any case, your ped card is not big enough to be using lvl 5 amps. If you only have 1k ped to spend, you really need to stick to unamped.

But you're right, due to the possibility of bugs, don't play with money you can't afford to lose and if things look fishy or if there are a lot of reports of play being bugged, don't do the high cost activities.

Hatchling
    I'm going to put my 2pec into this discussion too.

I'd firstly like to declare where my interests lie in this game and that is for EU to be as successful as possible and for MA to be as successful as possible. This will allow me to continue to play this game well into the future.

So getting to the point of Gefest's,(Society Mate) issue. I think that is totally unacceptable that MA wash their hands of this issue. The reason is that it was the last MA VU update that caused this technical problem and it wasn't Gefest's computer. (Nor mine for that matter because i was also bugged). I think there is reasonable grounds for compensation of some type.

The problem being that MA are biting the hand that feeds them. Remember that it is people that play the game, deposit and continue to do so that builds the MA bank account for them to do as they please. Without people depositing means that this game's longevity is at risk. MA's insensitive response and using their legal clauses is one sure way to get people to move their disposable income to other products and away from EU. This is what gets me the most nervous about investing more in the game.

Its that old business saying, customer comes first & customer is always right. No customers means no business. This is rather draconian, but i'd want to remind that my interests lie in MA being the most successful company MMO company in the world and for them to be that means that customers need to come first.

Young
    I have had this issue happen to me as well but not when mining and just moving around to another area and then upon relog realizing i had not even left and was back at the same spot i had started from.. I can see where if this happened when mining it would be extremely frustrating and i would be pissed as hell about it as well if i got a response like that.. I am sorry to hear that they will not be returning any peds for this..

Hatchling
    Ch!o anh em nhé like it ?ng h? bác m?t vé nè

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Stockton View Post
    Fifteen NRFs in a row using a lvl 5 finder is nothing out of the ordinary. I wouldn't assume you were bugged just because of that. (Maybe you were, maybe you weren't).

In any case, your ped card is not big enough to be using lvl 5 amps. If you only have 1k ped to spend, you really need to stick to unamped.

But you're right, due to the possibility of bugs, don't play with money you can't afford to lose and if things look fishy or if there are a lot of reports of play being bugged, don't do the high cost activities.
    Thanks Neil for your input.
    I was bugged, because I have ran on foot almost to Z's Little Farm, but logged out before reaching it. Upon logging in, I was still in the spot where I started my run, N of Shinook J.

Also, just to mention, I have deposited $100 into this game, so it is not like I was begging for something unreasonable. It was a normal, logical request.

I was in a similar situation with League of Legends, where I have deposited $20 as well. I bought a champion and I wasn't able to play him, as there was a bug. Riot Games (the developer for League of Legends) refunded me the complete cost, as well as leaving the champion unlocked for me. Took about 2 hours to respond.

So there's that.
    Last edited by Gefest; 12-01-2012 at 06:55.

Hatchling
    And one more thing.

One of the worst things about all this, is that MindArk did not bother to add info about this to their "News", which you see when you log-in.

It would have been a mature thing to do, if they would add something like:
    "Some players are affected by the ____ bug. To make sure you are not bugged, try this: ______. We recommend not to do this: _____."

Instead, there was (and is) nothing.

Get used to it - Mindark doesn't give a flying rats ass 'bout their customers.

No idea why they try so hard to kill the game... but then again, maybe it's about time they finally ruin it completely, so someone with a bit of brain can buy the (remainders of the) game.

Take a look on the bright side:
    With your generous involuntary donation you helped paying the wages of the coders - the guys that fix these kind of bugs... are supposed to fix these kind of bugs... somewhere in the not so distant future... ah heck, nobody believes that shit anyway - maybe you helped them funding a copy of "Coding for dummies". Yes, that sounds more realistic.
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Hatchling
    I have spent 4 years playing Ultima Online and about 7 years of Utopia.
    I guess Entropia Universe won't last even 6 months in my books (started in July).

A pity, considering that it has a community of great people.

Seriously.. this pisses me off..
    The eula only says they dont HAVE to compensate you.. but they could and they should!

I recommend you post in PFC about this and try to raise some attention..
    SUPPORT AND MA YOU'RE DOING A REALLY BAD JOB!

Raxxor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast