Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Provider
    I think the problem/issue why they can't refund is lack of info of what they have in their log for every avatar.

2. Sponsored Links
    Dominant
    Their logs are extensive (I believe). I think the problem is more that they have to go in manually and look at the logs, and in a situation like this, where only some avatars had problems, it would be a lot harder... After all, some players do intend to drop multiple bombs on the same spot.

They do sometimes reimburse situations like this, like when a VU caused all mobs to be no-looters on Arkadia. Though normally they do not.

Hatchling
    I doubt that many people will drop, amped, 15 times on the same spot.

And considering that at least half of the people from our society have been affected by this bug, it is not something unique for my case. They know about the bug, they (apparently) fixed the bug, but never acknowledged it or mentioned it anywhere. So long transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
    I'm going to put my 2pec into this discussion too.

I'd firstly like to declare where my interests lie in this game and that is for EU to be as successful as possible and for MA to be as successful as possible. This will allow me to continue to play this game well into the future.

So getting to the point of Gefest's,(Society Mate) issue. I think that is totally unacceptable that MA wash their hands of this issue. The reason is that it was the last MA VU update that caused this technical problem and it wasn't Gefest's computer. (Nor mine for that matter because i was also bugged). I think there is reasonable grounds for compensation of some type.

The problem being that MA are biting the hand that feeds them. Remember that it is people that play the game, deposit and continue to do so that builds the MA bank account for them to do as they please. Without people depositing means that this game's longevity is at risk. MA's insensitive response and using their legal clauses is one sure way to get people to move their disposable income to other products and away from EU. This is what gets me the most nervous about investing more in the game.

Its that old business saying, customer comes first & customer is always right. No customers means no business. This is rather draconian, but i'd want to remind that my interests lie in MA being the most successful company MMO company in the world and for them to be that means that customers need to come first.
    I have to agree with you Tommo. And to think I was upset over my expensive bustier I purchased which after some update, it went south and is now a christmas outfit, and it didn't just happen to mine either. And they said this would be fixed by the end of September. Well I am still waiting. MA is just sinking themselves lower and lower. IF we all just sit around and not spend because of their bugs, or *do you have bugs* sitting in the back of our heads, who is the real loser here?

My .02 pecs worth
    Mrs. Roni RL Jan 21, 2014
    Started EU 11-02-2011

Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by Gefest View Post
    I doubt that many people will drop, amped, 15 times on the same spot.

And considering that at least half of the people from our society have been affected by this bug, it is not something unique for my case. They know about the bug, they (apparently) fixed the bug, but never acknowledged it or mentioned it anywhere. So long transparency.
    Exactly, and how are they supposed to see if you drop at same pos or not if they don't have a log for it?
    Don't get me wrong, imo you should get back what you lost, but it has to be 100% certain, otherwise someone who did drop them and got nothing could say exact same happened to him/her.

If there is a log that do log pos and so on, then they lied to me in a support case after I had some issues with loot.
    They probably said a bit too much in that support case.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Stockton View Post
    Their logs are extensive (I believe). I think the problem is more that they have to go in manually and look at the logs, and in a situation like this, where only some avatars had problems, it would be a lot harder... After all, some players do intend to drop multiple bombs on the same spot.

They do sometimes reimburse situations like this, like when a VU caused all mobs to be no-looters on Arkadia. Though normally they do not.
    No, it isn't extensive, not according to MA (see above).

Old Alpha
    it's sad. Only thing I can say is in the future, hit p after ever drop, and make sure to record video. Won't help you with support, but might in a court of law if losses are high enough?

Bugs, bugs, bugs, and more bugs seem to get introduced almost daily. This is the 'new and improved' Entropia.

Despite the EULA someone ought to beat em up in court over false advertising.
    http://www.entropiaplatform.com/entr...form/security/
    MindArk aims to provide the safest online entertainment environment available. Safety and security is highly prioritized and MindArk has implemented functions on several levels to ensure this. Both Planet Partners and the participants on the planets should always feel safe in their endeavors in Entropia Universe.
    Crap like this sure the hell does not make us 'feel safe' in our endeavors.

Hatchling
    This really drills down to the fact that they take real money for their service, but the system (supposedly) is built only in their favor.

If they have the logs, and the logs show that their bug has caused a loss - they can easily claim that they don't have such logs.

If however someone would exploit a bug, I'm sure they will find those logs sufficient to come down on you like a hurricane, ban the shit out of your account and confiscate everything.

You can't take real money from real people, and then act in such a dickish manner. This would only prove that you are in it for the short-term, not long-term.

Thus, I strongly believe that buying Land Deeds in EU could be a very, very big mistake. In a year they could close shop and move to Bahamas.

Quote Originally Posted by Joat View Post
    If there is a log that do log pos and so on, then they lied to me in a support case after I had some issues with loot.
    They probably said a bit too much in that support case.
    They log every action that involves loot in detail.

And they have to do that, they have to provide proof to the authorities what they have paid out. If they can't provide that kind of proof, the authorities will tax them for profit they didn't make (due to payouts).
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    They log every action that involves loot in detail.

And they have to do that, they have to provide proof to the authorities what they have paid out. If they can't provide that kind of proof, the authorities will tax them for profit they didn't make (due to payouts).
    Ok, so they have told you they log every action related to loot in detail,
    while they said to me they don't. I'm not suprised...

They don't have to worry about what profit they make towards authorities,
    since what happens ingame has not much to do with RL values, unless
    someone does a deposit or a withdraw, but the value you get ingame still
    has zero RL value as long as it's ingame.
    It might be hard to see the difference unless you have patent of the game,
    if you do and are able to figure what goes where, it becomes quite clear
    why I say this.
    The patent is out there, it's quite easy to find, all you have to do is to
    connect each feature to it's place in the picture when you have got the chart.
    I've done it, so I guess others should be able too... I've been in contact
    with swedish gaming authority several times, swedish taxauthority
    (for several years since I know a lawyer there), so I guess I have some info
    about the subject...
    One importent thing thou', nothing is set in stone, so things could change
    anytime, that's one p.o.v all authorities has in common.

Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by Gefest View Post
    This really drills down to the fact that they take real money for their service, but the system (supposedly) is built only in their favor.

If they have the logs, and the logs show that their bug has caused a loss - they can easily claim that they don't have such logs.

If however someone would exploit a bug, I'm sure they will find those logs sufficient to come down on you like a hurricane, ban the shit out of your account and confiscate everything.

You can't take real money from real people, and then act in such a dickish manner. This would only prove that you are in it for the short-term, not long-term.

Thus, I strongly believe that buying Land Deeds in EU could be a very, very big mistake. In a year they could close shop and move to Bahamas.
    The thing is, the service is free, what you can do with RL money is to increase
    a spendable ingame value. You aren't forced to increase this value to be able
    to use the service, but how many finds it fun not to?

It sure is built to their favour, but in a way we gain from it too.
    Values ingame are increased by players (and in some very low amounts, from
    external, non player boosts too occasionly) and if they pay someone a value
    due to a bug that player do get what he should have got (theoreticaly) from
    a feature that wasn't bugged.
    But if someone else manage to trick MA to pay him too, even thou' he didn't
    suffer from the bug, that value comes from what playerbase should have been
    able to get in a rightful way.

Buying *anything* inside EU would be a mistake if they close shop and disappear...

Just hope that info wizzszz has got from MA is correct, then they should
    be able to see in logs what you have spent at least, and refund that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast