Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
    I will walk like I used to do.
    Don't forget about the olden timey teleport Mind Force chips as well. Those aren't L and can be repaired and even still drop from time to time. It may be alittle more expensive to use than the vehicles were, but it'll help new players by raising the sweat market alittle. I've actually decided to look at getting back into that for long distance travel myself. I am a sweater after all and don't bother selling my sweat anymore. So, I guess that now I'll have a use for it. Thanks MA for making my sweat useful again!

2. Sponsored Links
    Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by OZtwo View Post
    Good morning all..fast question: what's the TT of a CLD?
    1000PED of course. The same as we originally bought it for from MA on the auction. Oh wait! It's 0 PED! Oh no!

Quote Originally Posted by FlorencioNineWind View Post
    The vehicle is well worth 200PEDs in the original condition. Many said it was the coolest, funnest, and most useful planet vehicle to ever be made. However, in the current condition it is now not even worth "free".

Also, I'm afraid that your other thoughts are actually counter productive as well. EU is very close to a capitalist system of economy and capitalist systems rely on high consumer spending and high prices for those items. If "people are going to hold onto their peds and not buy high MU items as such" then the economy will actually get worse and not better. Greed will become more rampant as the last few old players try to sell off their items for as much as they can before cashing out. The disappearance of these old players will create holes in the economy that will not be so easily filled and entire sections of the economy may suffer in the short run if not also in the long run. Things may not turn out this bad, but knowing a capitalist economy it very well may. If MA only made one mistake here or one mistake there then it wouldn't be an issue, but mistakes are starting to pile up really bad now. My whole soc is doing nothing but talking about other games and there are (or were) some decent depositors in there that MA now doesn't get money from.

As far as the vehicle market itself goes. In the old market the prices of vehicles were reduced to affordable levels "because" they could theoretically last forever if you were careful and therefore demand (after the first few months) was low and supply high which lead to a decrease in price. The only thing that would disrupt this system was when some vehicle bps stopped dropping or became rare which lead to a decrease in supply. Capitalist systems often work on the balancing scale of supply and demand. So, now, if vehicles decay from use and people therefore have to replace them more often then demand will go up with supply remaining more or less the same. Therefore, it is most likely that vehicle prices will raise considerably within the next 3-6 months. 40PED sleipnirs may end up becoming 80 or 100 PED sleipnirs. 120 (or whatever it is) PED quadwings may become 250 PED quadwings. I'm not saying that this is bad (especially for the vehicle crafters), but I just wish my broom was usable.
    For the record................. I have a broom as well

""Vehicles - Some vehicles now deteriorate when driven, this information is displayed in the vehicle’s item info panel. When a vehicle reaches minimum condition, the driver and all passengers will be ejected from the vehicle. These deterioration changes have been applied thus far to rookie, gift and other specialty vehicles, in order to ensure that Limited vehicles are indeed Limited and do not last indefinitely."
    Mrs. Roni RL Jan 21, 2014
    Started EU 11-02-2011

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by saradu View Post
    ""Vehicles - Some vehicles now deteriorate when driven, this information is displayed in the vehicle’s item info panel. When a vehicle reaches minimum condition, the driver and all passengers will be ejected from the vehicle. These deterioration changes have been applied thus far to rookie, gift and other specialty vehicles, in order to ensure that Limited vehicles are indeed Limited and do not last indefinitely."
    That was announced at a version update long after the brooms had finished to "drop" and after most of us who complain bought ours. And I found text first in a forum, not in client loader or (planet) support news.
    PLANET CALYPSO CONTENT RELEASE 2012.6
    04 Dec 2012 12:24 UTC

2012-12-04
    ***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

Items

A large number of new craftable weapons along with associated blueprints and components have been introduced.

Missions
    (...)

Art
    (...)

Changes
    (...)

Creatures
    Many creatures on the Entropia Universe platform have been adjusted in order to improve balancing. (...)
    Misc

Dino bones can once again be found scattered throughout Eudoria.
    Bug Fixes

Several shop and housing estate issues have been fixed.
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

So what we are saying here, getting way off topic btw, is that the CLDs at anytime could have this exact same message shown and there wouldn't be an issue with you about it since it has no value anyway? (if you do not have an CLD, then please don't answer. )

And yes, that message was put in on the last update..before then the brooms were as any other vehicle.
    Last edited by OZtwo; 12-14-2012 at 07:49. Reason: cleaning up

Quote Originally Posted by OZtwo View Post
    So what we are saying here, getting way off topic btw, is that the CLDs at anytime could have this exact same message shown and there wouldn't be an issue with you about it since it has no value anyway? (if you do not have an CLD, then please don't answer. )

And yes, that message was put in on the last update..before then the brooms were as any other vehicle.
    cld's have no L in their tag :P
    but if you ever find one with an L you better make sure to read up on its valid timeperiod

I bought 2 brooms at high markup and i like the change that mindark made to limited vehicles and hope they will extend it soon to all limited vehicles.
    This will mean that i wont have the fun with the brooms for long but it will be good to a whole branch of entropias economy and many hunters/miners and crafters will benefit from this change in the long run.
    John Black Knight
    Admiral Titans of Space Starfleet (ToS Normandie & ToS Ark Royal)
    <a href=http://www.titans-of-space.com target=_blank>http://www.titans-of-space.com</a>

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by John Black Knight View Post
    cld's have no L in their tag :P
    but if you ever find one with an L you better make sure to read up on its valid timeperiod
    At the time I bought mine there was no "decay on usage" (regarding brooms).

But who knows if MA suddently puts an (L) after the CLD item name...

This will mean that i wont have the fun with the brooms for long but it will be good to a whole branch of entropias economy and many hunters/miners and crafters will benefit from this change in the long run.
    Again, the prices of the brooms were set relatively high because there was no other way to get them (and hasn't been until that notice and onward).

No hunter/miner/crafter will benefit from the change of brooms as far as I know - just lose (the ones of the hunters/miners/crafters who bought one of the brooms).
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Provider

For now yes, but MA makes it fairly clear in the post of this update that they plan to eventually impliment this for all vehicles. They simply, for whatever horrible reason, decided to test the idea out on the vehicles that "shouldn't" have this implimentation.

My guess is that they will impliment full vehicle usage decay sometime next year. Maybe early, but who knows; MA is slow.

Provider
    This will mean that i wont have the fun with the brooms for long.
    I like this idea for other vehicles to. Just really hate it for the brooms since we may never see any others again. Although, maybe I should simply encourage others to have fun on their brooms while they can?

(Thinks in my mind: "Hehe, just gotta wait for everyone else to use up their brooms so that mine will be the only one left and then I can sell it to a collector for 100kPED.") Ops, did I think that out loud?

Quote Originally Posted by aia View Post
    No hunter/miner/crafter will benefit from the change of brooms as far as I know - just lose (the ones of the hunters/miners/crafters who bought one of the brooms).
    Every avatar flying on a broom is one avatar less flying on a decaying vehicle and one avatar less being a customer for decaying vehicles - there sure will be a benefit to hunters/miners/crafters the more active customers are out there.
    And it also will open up the opportunity to planet partners to give some very nice gifts in the future as long as its secured that they wont last long.

PS: And yes Florencio, you are not the only one who thought of what might happen to markups if gifts get even more rare
    John Black Knight
    Admiral Titans of Space Starfleet (ToS Normandie & ToS Ark Royal)
    <a href=http://www.titans-of-space.com target=_blank>http://www.titans-of-space.com</a>

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast