Young

Ammo disappearing

I've been playing the game for about 3 hours in total, now.

One thing I notice, it maybe a bug or maybe a deliberate inclusion
    in the game on the part of the developers I don't know.

I had 7000 rounds of weapon ammo. I took about 20 shots, then
    ended up with zero ammo left?

I bought more ammo, about 1500 rounds. I took about 50 shots,then
    ended up with zero ammo left?

This has now happened several times. I'am almost out of PED now,
    since all my ammo and therefore ped disappears.

I can only assume this is a deliberate bug in order to get subscribers to
    spend more money on the game, since a bug like this could not
    have been around for 8 years?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. 12-19-2012, 02:12

Provider
    So which weapon are you using and how many rounds does your weapon use per shot?

For example, Sollomate Opalo uses 200 rounds per shot. 7k rounds would be used in 35 shots.

Breer p5a uses 900 rounds. 7k rounds lasts 6 shots.

Ammo in EU is not like bullets - ie 1 ammo per shot. Think of it more like an 'energy charge' which can be released in different amounts.

Every gun uses a specific amount of ammo/shot. If you right-clik the gun in your inventory, and look at the Item Info page, it will tell you how much is used in the gun you have.

Also, some weapons are more efficient than others, and your skills will have an impact on the efficiency at which you can use any specific weapon.

Entropia is not an easy game to start playing, there's a lot to learn. You may find it helpful to find a mentor or join a society where you can ask experienced players for tips on gameplay.

6. 12-19-2012, 04:55
    Reason
    spambot

7. 12-19-2012, 05:48
    Reason
    Offtopic

8. 12-19-2012, 09:49
    Reason
    spambot

Young
    Sorry guys, sorry for my Newbiousness or is it Newbieness, sorry
    for my newbie grammar as well.

I think you are correct, just getting to know EU and its rules.

Thanks for replying guys.

10. 12-20-2012, 23:14

Quote Originally Posted by relaxo View Post
    Sorry guys, sorry for my Newbiousness or is it Newbieness, sorry
    for my newbie grammar as well.

I think you are correct, just getting to know EU and its rules.

Thanks for replying guys.
    This is what these forums are here for. Anyone who may put anyone down for these type of questions are well...GL in game man!!!

12. 12-21-2012, 05:58
    Reason
    spam

13. 12-21-2012, 08:04
    Reason
    spambot

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by Serica View Post
    Ammo in EU is not like bullets - ie 1 ammo per shot. Think of it more like an 'energy charge' which can be released in different amounts.
    I liked the older ammo system better (1 old ammo=100 new ammo).

Then, for the lowest weapon, one shot=one ammo=(theoretically) 4 dmg.

After that, bigger weapons uses more ammo/shot; a weapon doing ~8 dmg thus uses 2 ammo/shot and so on.

To complicate it, some weapons takes a big part of the damage done from weapon decay rather than ammo; for instance melee weapons, with exception of the new mm sword, takes all from decay and consumes no ammo and Maddox IV handgun takes about half of its damage from decay.

To get a hint of damage from decay I use the "rule" 1 old ammo used=4 dmg, and if a gun consuming one old ammo/shot would do 6 dmg/shot, thus taking 2 dmg/shot(= ped) from decay (so for each 100 ped "cycled" ammo the gun would decay 50 ped). Though it seems the newer guns are more "eco" than this.

Another reason I liked the old system, and use ammo count rather than "rounds", is that it's easier to figure out how many mobs you can kill. If you have gun A using 1500 new ammo/shot and gun B using 3000 new ammo/shot, and you have a mob that typically takes 2 ped ammo/each to kill, you can figure out how many mobs left you can kill regardless of which gun you use, rather than seeing numbers like "37" or "12" when switching weapons.

I know it's good that weapons can use fractions of old ammo nowdays, but that could be implemented using two decimal places shown. For me it would be more intuitive/easy to read with 1500,00 ammo left rather than 150000.
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -