Thread: Weapons

Young

Weapons

I have a question about weapons....

Can some one give me some advise on if it is better to buy limited weapons or ones that can be repaired? The reason I ask this question is mainly this. I have a "Solomate (L)" riffle I think it's called. It has already tiered up to I think 2.0 and one or maybe two expansion slots have opened for enhancers. (I have installed one enhancer) But here is the catch the condition is almost down to 0 ie. indicator is all the way in the red. So it can't be repaired..... I'll have to buy another gun and now this other gun won't have the same tier and i'll be starting over and won't be able to install enhancers.... ?? Isn't this a draw back? to limited weapons? I really would rather buy a gun that can be repaired over and over.... And of course I am seeing that allot of vehicles are the same way I would much rather buy things that can be repaired I would think..

Any thoughts or ideas on this?

2. Sponsored Links
    Guardian
    My thoughts as a definitely non-uber is that tiering short lived (L) weapons is a waste of time. And some of the beginner non-(L) weapons don't tier at all well (I'm thinking of the opalo, which is otherwise an excellent gun).

And I'm afraid that, except in space, there are no non-(L) vehicles! At the moment most main stream vehicles actually last a very long time, but this may change.

Currently the 'gift' and 'starter' vehicles decay from use, which doesn't happen to things like the VTOLs and quads. But there are suggestions from MA that many more types of vehicles will decay from use.

Hatchling
    Hello Zion,

Most of the time you will not have a choice in the use of L (Limited) or UL (Unlimited) Weapons. There are definate gaps in the range of Unlimited weapons when it comes to skills.
    I would suggest going straight to the Solomate Opalo if you are a new player. This is a gun that is UL and most players have kept since they began playing. Not the most efficient weapon, but with an A103 amplifier it will serve you well as you skill up.
    Dont worry to much about L or UL, you want to see if the weapon has SIB (Skill Increase Bonus). As long as it says 'YES' or 'not anymore' you will be alright. Stay away from the ones that say 'Not Yet'. They will just cost you extra PED to use. As your skills increase, your ability to use a weapon becomes more efficient, and therefore the weapon/tool costs less to use. There are many guides that can explain this for you; one of my favorites: http://rp.apachenet.de/downloads/Ent...erse_Guide.pdf

Also, get to know the website www.entropedia.info. A great tool to compare almost anything in the Entropia Universe.

To find out what weapon/tool to get next, use: http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...ib-charts.html

It is a good idea to find a society and mentor to help you out in game. But the above web sites have been very helpful to me over the years. Entropedia is usually open in the background as I play.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Connors View Post
    ...Not the most efficient weapon, but with an A103 amplifier it will serve you well as you skill up....
    I have to disagree here, never try putting anything than an A101 on it, since it just can amplify 50% of the base damage of a gun. everything above is a waste of PEDs and a killer for the weapon's eco.

Dominant
    Quite a bit of misinformation appears to have made its way into this thread. As Jennson said, never use an A103 on an opalo.

The issue of tiering: don't worry about tiers on a low level gun, it is a waste of enhancers. Wait till your using weapons above 30-40 dps (damage per second) before worrying about tiers and enhancers. Players often have a mistaken impression that tiers make a weapon better. This is not the case--they merely change the stats of a weapon. Your modern (SIB), low level weapons are designed to be used without enhancers. Instead of using enhancers to increase your damage, use a good amp and skill up so you can use bigger weapons, that's the economical approach.

About L weapons. Since you're now (hopefully) not concerned with tiering your low level gun, I should point out that most L weapons are better than their UL companions. They are more economical, which means you will be able to get more shots for the money. Here is where you need to start using Entropedia to view different weapons stats. The important things you want to look at are 1) damage per second 2) damage per pec 3) "maxed" level 4) SIB

You want to find a weapon that does good damage per second while still having effective damage per pec over 2.85 (the higher the better), and when at all possible, should use a maxed SIB weapon. Some UL starter guns are very good, for example the cap-99R pistol from Arkadia (put an A101 on it and it has very high dps and dpp for a newbie gun).

Short answer: ignore tiers and use L weapons unless you have a comparable UL weapon available (and in your price range) that does equal or better dmg/pec after markup.

If any of these terms don't make sense to you, don't hesitate to ask for clarifications.

Young

Good information

hey guys thanks a bunch for all the good info

Hatchling
    You guys are right. Dont know what I was thinking. Logged in to check my inventory and sure enough was the a101. Sorry about the mis-info.

9. 11-04-2016, 10:59