Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Entropia Universe 14.0 Release Notes

New Avatar System
    A new upgraded avatar system has been implemented that will bring Entropia Universe to the forefront of graphics technology in an MMO with highly detailed and fully customizable new avatars. The new avatars are significantly enhanced with over twice as many polygons as their predecessors for surprising fidelity.

Full details of the new avatar system can be viewed in this Entropia Universe Buzz article.

New Features

• The threat level calculation for creatures has been adjusted to more accurately reflect difficulty and danger level.
    • The chance to miss has been slightly decreased when shooting at creatures.
    • The cost of ammo and decay has been removed when firing a weapon that is not aimed at a target, such as into the air or ground. (This change does not affect weapons with area of effect damage).
    • The cost to equip armor parts has been removed.
    • When in combat, the text “MISS” has been changed to “EVADE”. These messages will be further refined in a later release to more accurately indicate the actual outcome of each attack attempt and provide better information to participants.

Known Issues

• Locked movement can occur for Body Sculptor Designers after closing the Body Sculpting UI. In such cases a relog will correct the issue.

• Locked movement can occur when trying to enter Avatar Creation areas that are full. In such cases a relog will correct the issue.
    • Due to last minute integration issues, makeup masks will not be available in this release, Makeup masks will be activated in the release patch, expected in one week.
    • Makeup masks created during the avatar creation process are not visible in the Start Room, but will become visible again once your avatar arrives on a planet for the first destination.
    • Female makeup masks appear fully decayed when arriving on a planet for the first time. This is a visual bug only, the masks are not decayed. This issue will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

More...

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    When in combat, the text “MISS” has been changed to “EVADE”. These messages will be further refined in a later release to more accurately indicate the actual outcome of each attack attempt and provide better information to participants.

Players: Hey MA, we have too many empty loots!

Mindark: Let them loot some 0.00 TT stuff instead.

Players: Hey MA, we have too many misses in a row!

Mindark: Let's rename it to "EVADE".

Dealing with issues MA style...
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    New Avatar System
    • The chance to miss has been slightly decreased when shooting at creatures.
    • The cost of ammo and decay has been removed when firing a weapon that is not aimed at a target, such as into the air or ground. (This change does not affect weapons with area of effect damage).
    • The cost to equip armor parts has been removed.
    Those seem positive... unless I am missing something

Did you mess it up this time... Oh, yes

First, thank you for killing the avatar I have been running for quite a few years now. You said that this change was made partly to help new players get more attached to their avatar. Well, in my case it isn't Steve running on my screen. In fact I'm running a stranger with poorly fitted armor and if armor comes off with clothes that used to be colour matched but now looks like shit. Thanks a lot.

Avatars skin colours are too damn dark. I want a caucasian avatar so made itpale to the virge of transparent in creation UI but in game it looks like a playboy from the beaches of California, lots of sun but no brains.

Further, with armor equipped avatar get a hump on the back - Quasimodo style.
    Not to mention the vulture neck...

Avatar face lacks any emotion "feel" than befor, if that is possible. Fewer details, less reflections. In short - something dead with make-up.

As we say in Sweden - Gör om, gör rätt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gullatt View Post
    Those seem positive... unless I am missing something
    No, you're evading it now! New style...

Roni

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    Players: Hey MA, we have too many empty loots!

Dealing with issues MA style...
    They did some things to lower our losses though. One of the most apparent is that misses because of lag doesn't waste any ammo.
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Quote Originally Posted by aia View Post
    They did some things to lower our losses though. One of the most apparent is that misses because of lag doesn't waste any ammo.
    Oh yes, the few small positive things are easily overlooked here.

If that's true, it's a good thing, same as the armour no longer decaying when equipped.

But nobody ever quit over the 2 PEC equip decay or a couple of missed shot due to lag - it's great that they improved something for us, but as always they avoid to deal with the REAL ISSUES.
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Young
    VU14, entropia wide nerf on low level mob skill gain.

Hatchling
    Lowering threat levels of mobs .. because they were not looting shitty enough?
    Glad to see at least one got re-adjusted, some are still too low.

Draw distance is now shorter (i.e. more useless).

Can't say I am seeing any performance improvements - quite the opposite.

firing blanks - well that sort of solves the problem of not really knowing if a mob is in range, so it's a good thing.

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by sostoned View Post
    VU14, entropia wide nerf on low level mob skill gain.
    Isn't there mainly one single mob where it was reduced? (ie Carabok). And there is no reason to stop hunting carabok, the textures are pretty useful.

I guess most of us who doesnt' hunt regularily on Calypso missed the Carabook skilling entirely. For us the iron mission nerf was a way harder hit I guess.

Sure, some other mobs has been changed aswell, probably though in the same range as the weapons. So maybe it's a re-balance; better eco on new weapons -> less skillgains on mobs with the net effect same cost to skill as before.
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast