Has NEVERDIE abandoned Rocktropia?

First off, I'm not dissing the idea of Rocktropia. A couple of weeks ago, I took my first trip over, and it looked pretty cool. The first thing I saw as my Soc Leader and I descended was a billboard with Lemmy's face on it. I'm a Motorhead fan from way back, so this was really awesome. I like the custom mobs and npcs, music, and buildings.

But, I noticed a lot of decay. A lot of things were broken and, judging by the Rocktropia forums, they had been for several months. Most of the newbie missions didn't work, and all I walked away with was a Cheap A$$ rifle, some ammo, and a cheap broken FAP. I went over to Club Neverdie, and the sign that said "Under Construction" was not encouraging. Hunt the Thing was down, and aside from all the great free stuff, I was really looking forward to shooting some freaky aliens. I realize that it was made as a movie tie-in a couple of years ago, but no official word has been given as to if it's over now, and there are still movie posters everywhere. I saw some other things, but I've slept since then.

NEVERDIE put together something that was, in my opinion, really cool and could continue to be that way with some effort. I realize he is probably very busy and may have moved onto other projects, but if he's not going to hire some people to just do the maintenance, he should probably just sell it off to someone who will.

I know I'll probably get flamed for my post, but it is what it is.

2. Sponsored Links
    Dominant
    The developers are continuing to develop RT. Lately they've added instances and items. Think of it as a work in progress, I guess. I'm not sure what's going on with Hunt the Thing. I don't know if it's just down for maintenance or if it's gone, but you're right, it was a really fun addition to EU and it'll be a shame if it's truly gone.

Young
    Hunt the Thing will be opened soon again.....for more info check website www.neverdienews.com

Old Alpha
    The half done shit that is abandoned IS rt. Part of the rebellious rock and roll theme... might be that way by design.

"Planet ROCKtropia which will later this Year announce a New Magnificently Exciting, Major Virtual Movie Adventure in partnership with Universal Studios"
    as I read the quote they plan on changeing the movie that that area is about...

Old Alpha
    Quote Originally Posted by Thran View Post
    as I read the quote they plan on changeing the movie that that area is about...
    That's what I read in to it too. Too bad they can't keep the old ones and put in the new ones too.... and allow other planet partners to do likewise. Get tons of asteroids/space stations around all the planets... low cost freebie ad type things like the thing was... junk that's similar to islands in Second Life which is where ad money can come from since the whole massive ads thing blew up in Mindark's face long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    That's what I read in to it too. Too bad they can't keep the old ones and put in the new ones too.... and allow other planet partners to do likewise. Get tons of asteroids/space stations around all the planets... low cost freebie ad type things like the thing was... junk that's similar to islands in Second Life which is where ad money can come from since the whole massive ads thing blew up in Mindark's face long ago.
    Too bad "Aliens" already went to blu-ray. A LV-426-themed area complete with xenomorphs would be badass