Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Zed Gerard View Post
    I keep it that way and besides I did not say 48 is the correct number of weeks a year
    Know what's worse than not being able to admit a mistake?

If you calculate single CLD revenue you receive every week is around 4peds equivalent to 192peds a year...
    Lying and twisting things afterwards to not be forced to admit a mistake is worse.

You could have just said "ah, fine, my bad, dunno why i took 48" and shown some maturity... but noooo...

It's almost too good to be true - i always get you immature folks with that - none of you can admit a mistake.
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

2. Sponsored Links
    Did I fight for a simple math operation?

hmm...nvm...

Did I fight for a simple math operation?

hmm...nvm...
    No, you were fighting for your renown. And you lost.

Mature
    I've kept track of the ROI stuff from start as well, but my figure is slightly different from the sheet linked to from PCF as well.

As once every 4 years the month february has an extra day I calced the amount of weeks a year to be 365.25/7, which results in a slightly better ROI. Not a lot but better ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharm View Post
    I've kept track of the ROI stuff from start as well, but my figure is slightly different from the sheet linked to from PCF as well.

As once every 4 years the month february has an extra day I calced the amount of weeks a year to be 365.25/7, which results in a slightly better ROI. Not a lot but better ;p
    Tbh, i have yet to see a calculation that arrives at the correct results.

The error resulting from a couple of days more or less is pretty much nothing, compared to the way bigger mistake people make - ROI is only calculated that way with a SINGLE payout - everyone completely ignores the fact that the 4 PED should be reinvested every week to give a good number on how the real ROI looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    No, you were fighting for your renown. And you lost.
    No worry dude I'm not even fighting for it.
    Last edited by Fred Zed Gerard; 03-11-2013 at 03:44.

No worry dude I'm not even fighting for it.
    Keep telling that to yourself.
    Your actions speak so loud, nobody can hear what you're saying anyway...

:trying to give an actual reply to the question in the title:

Are CLD's worth it.
    Lets say someone would have sold an expensive item and calculated if CLD's are worth more?

Person A sold mod fap for 200k and bought 200deeds at the official sale.
    He makes about 800ped a week now. if you know that a week has 168hours; and ppl need to sleep and eat at least; it makes about max 100h max to heal for peds. But if we are a bit more reasonable you aint gonna heal for more then 25-30h a week.
    So unless you gain a 40ped (at 25h a week) an hour for healing; it was prolly a smart idea to go for the CLD's.

You can do that for many items in game (for UL mining amps, LA's, adj/imp faps, coloring skill,...)

In the end you might find out that most things are overpriced compared to CLD's.

Also very unrelated but if you count a year has 52 weeks and 1/4 days you still need to count the leap seconds
    Or if you are a bit more pragmatic; you'll take the average over a year; because a week mid august is not the same as a week mid december in spend ped ingame.

Also note that if 4ped*60000 = 25% of peds flowing away. which means that 980.000ped are flowing out of the calypso each week; which means the players must depost a small 100k dollar each week to keep the game in equilibrium. So if we have 10k depositors playing on calypso they deposit on average 10$ a week. If there are only 5k it is 20$; if only 2k it is 50$.

So this got me thinking; if so many peds flow away; it isn't really possible to make $ in EU anymore.

regards Acro

Quote Originally Posted by Thran View Post
    I and a a lot of ppl i know would go to court if that happened, I have checked there press release on this and it is a binding promise according to swedish consumer protection.
    Now I dont think the be that stupid, what they can do is just stop developing calypso and therby save money while leting the planet crash its revenue but i think the development makes them more money then they save doing so.
    I hope this is the case. I own a couple CLDs and hope they pay out for the life of Entropia Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by NevadaJake View Post
    I hope this is the case. I own a couple CLDs and hope they pay out for the life of Planet Calypso.
    Fixed that for you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast