Hatchling

non terran planets?

man this forum is pretty deserted, anyways to the topic:

the current planets in this game are mostly terran-like, i propose to have more extreme features for example:

-a volcanic planet: in this planet the most part of the resources are gotten from mining operations, there are a few locations where players will find living organisms, and most of the other creatures are rogue machines, the environment will have an effect in players since the extreme temperatures will make need to use especial heat-proof equipment.

-an snow planet: this far planet is devoid of most life due its low temperatures, but still life is possible, like in the volcanic planet, players will have to use cold-proof equipment. snow storms and other wheater phenomena will make hunting a real challenge, and miners will have to use heaters to reach the soil as the snow is very thick.

-an ocean world: this is an upgrade for swimming, this planet focuses in underwater hunting and oil extraction, very few land to use and most part of the terrain is constructed in water domes.

-a barren world: a Mars-like planet, with low atmosphere and devoid of most life, the idea is to use oxygen tanks and other life sustaining equipment for hunting and mining operations, the planet can be terraformed (if this is possible)...

well those are the ideas i have in mind, its a bit of concept, i dont know much about how planets work in this game but there are just ideas.

2. Sponsored Links
    Provider
    They are good ideas, and some of the planets have made areas similar to this(i.e. Hell on Rocktropia and the Arctic zone on Rocktropia), but the way planets work in the game wouldn't make these ideas very easy to impliment. Currently the way adding planets works is: Calypso was made by MA the makers of the game. After that each additional planet has been made by "planet partners". It is much more cost effective and works a lot better for each individual planet to be made by planet partners who use the Entropia Plantform. Due to this I don't think that MA will be personally making very many if any "multiple" planets. However, you could become a planet partner and make some planets Also, I think that this idea would make the game seem a little too much like the Star Wars universe which would be both good and bad for different reasons.

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by FlorencioNineWind View Post
    They are good ideas, and some of the planets have made areas similar to this(i.e. Hell on Rocktropia and the Arctic zone on Rocktropia), but the way planets work in the game wouldn't make these ideas very easy to impliment. Currently the way adding planets works is: Calypso was made by MA the makers of the game. After that each additional planet has been made by "planet partners". It is much more cost effective and works a lot better for each individual planet to be made by planet partners who use the Entropia Plantform. Due to this I don't think that MA will be personally making very many if any "multiple" planets. However, you could become a planet partner and make some planets Also, I think that this idea would make the game seem a little too much like the Star Wars universe which would be both good and bad for different reasons.
    that's why i said it was just some ideas, but no i wasnt thinking in Star Wars, more like Starcraft or EVE...

These ideas are good concepts, in EU though I think they may be a bit premature due to their specialty nature.

Perhaps, if EU becomes very profitable and very popular, the planet partners may take more of an interest in developing and owning solar systems for their planet. In this case each solar system could incorporate specialty planets and/or moons as they grow.

As it stands right now though, even the main planet development is rather conservative. Calypso has alot of unused terrain, no weather, and no significant underground areas, and it is the largest planet by far. The other planets are at this point mere shadows of planets, with selected terrain developed on 3-6 servers and the rest of the planet a completely blank canvas.

With such a conservative approach to planet development I think there will be quite a few years of work planetside before we see non terran worlds on the horizon.

That being said I could be wrong. MindArk does maintain most of space, and Theryon Wars is set to take place primarily in space. In order to explore the limits of game technology and begin development on ideas, sections of space may be developed to hold the worlds you talk about.
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

Old Alpha
    As a Dr. Who fan, I must say, it would be interesting to see a "volcano day" time era on Next Island.