Why are tier rates on old UL weapons slow?

Well still no change on the tiering speed of old Calypso UL weapons. My ML-35 now has a TIR Tier Increase Rate of 150 for Tier 6, it should move fairly quickly but no movement at all!

Yet the new Arkadian weapons move very fast at lower TIRs? When will the speed of tiering on UL Calypso weapons be fixed?

Cheers
    Bjorn
    Starfinder XXI: PM me to book a flight!
    Buying: Umbranoid Paste Pot
    Metal flows through my veins!

2. Sponsored Links
    Very good question.... I have a few older UL items that havnt moved in a year or more. With triple digit tier numbers.

XZC

Bjorn|MindArk can you please advise why older Calypso UL weapons and UL armour are not moving with their TIRs?

Provider
    I don't think the planet is an issue.

I have a tier 4.x cap-303 smuggler that hasn't tiered in many months. Mid to high tiered objects just seem to come to standstill.

Really looking forward to when MA adjust this. I have an H400 that has been sitting on 4.8 forever.

The speed at which items tier is not dependent on when the item was created or which planet the item originates from.

In other words: a Tier 2 item from Planet Calypso with a tier increase rate (TIR) of 100 at Tier 2 will gain tier levels at the same rate -on average- as a Tier 2 item with a TIR of 100 from Planet Arkadia or Rocktropia will.

Quote Originally Posted by Few Scars View Post
    My ML-35 now has a TIR Tier Increase Rate of 150 for Tier 6, it should move fairly quickly but no movement at all!

Yet the new Arkadian weapons move very fast at lower TIRs? When will the speed of tiering on UL Calypso weapons be fixed?
    The rate at which items gain tier levels decreases as the item's current (non-decimal) tier level increases. It is therefore not unusual that an tier 2 item will gain tier levels faster than a tier 6 item, even when the tier 6 item has a higher TIR.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn|MindArk View Post
    The speed at which items tier is not dependent on when the item was created or which planet the item originates from.

In other words: a Tier 2 item from Planet Calypso with a tier increase rate (TIR) of 100 at Tier 2 will gain tier levels at the same rate -on average- as a Tier 2 item with a TIR of 100 from Planet Arkadia or Rocktropia will.

The rate at which items gain tier levels decreases as the item's current (non-decimal) tier level increases. It is therefore not unusual that an tier 2 item will gain tier levels faster than a tier 6 item, even when the tier 6 item has a higher TIR.
    So it's like skills. The higher you are the more you need to advance to the next level. I understand that, but it just kinda seems a bit deceiving as you would think that tier 6 at 189 compared to tier 2 at 100 would be faster. Maybe a explanation in a stickie would be advised?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn|MindArk View Post

This doesn't seem true?. Currently a TIR of 100 on a Calypso UL weapon is dramatically slower than a TIR of 100 on an Arkadian UL weapon. Many UL Calypso weapons have hardly moved in the last 12-18 months, yet Arkadian weapons are increasing nicely. Something isn't right.

Clearly there is a counter that ticks over for each 0.1 TIR increase. Maybe this should be displayed in the stats to prove it is increasing?

Quote Originally Posted by Few Scars View Post
    Clearly there is a counter that ticks over for each 0.1 TIR increase. Maybe this should be displayed in the stats to prove it is increasing?
    Why "clearly"? They could very well be random...

And, to obtain an answer to the question raised in the thread title, please ask yourself how long you can use an (L) weapon after it reaches i.e. tier 8 - and then compare it to how long you can use a UL weapon after it reaches tier 8.

It's supposed to be rare, it's supposed to be valueable - if you can reach tier 10 within a month, the "work" part of the tiering process is worth nothing, and that's not how it should be.
    Not a single fuck shall be given today