Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Server choice

Hatchling

Server choice

Hi guys,
    When I made a new account on Planet Calypso and was given the choice between servers based on real world locations. I may have chosen then wrong one. Someone in game told me I was on a European server and Im in the northeast USA.

How can i check my server? and is there a way to change it?

I've searched the faq in the support section of the official site and on the forums/wikis and found no mention of the server choices. My game lags and Im surrounded by BRITS!!! HELP! they keep calling me M8!! lol jkjk, much love... but do help me, I need to figure this out before I depo.

Thx for your time and concern

2. Sponsored Links
    Guardian
    I didn't think EU was like WoW in having separate servers for areas of the world.

When you log in the people you see around you are from everywhere in the world. And if two friends in Real Life log on they are always able to meet in world.

So don't worry that you are on the 'wrong' server.

I suspect the choice of server was for the download of the game, which is massive, so needs spreading out.

All servers are located in the same place (germany), so there is no "wrong server".

If you think you started on the "wrong planet", you can easily change that by using one of the various offers for interplanetary travel (or fly through space on your own, with a VTOL/Quadwing plus booster).
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by MonoAoV View Post
    Someone in game told me I was on a European server
    Technically that is true, since the servers that run the game are located in Europe (as far as I know). But as Meric said, there is only 1 "realm", there aren't separate realms for Americans vs Europeans, so if it's telling you about alternate servers when logging in, it's probably referring to server regions in the actual game (big square regions of the map, 8000 meters across).

Hatchling
    Thank you for the answers.

I heard that from only one person and he has been playin about a month and a half. He prolly thought this because hes used to picking EU servers meaning Europe as opposed to Entropia Universe.

The reason I questioned it, and told you I picked a server when I started, was because (I just remembered this) that all happened when I signed up for Planetside 2... the start screens are very similar, my bad. Good to know tho, thx again.

p.s. Lag came from some guy turning the tp into a parking lot tryin to show off... havnt lagged much since.
    Last edited by MonoAoV; 03-20-2013 at 04:22. Reason: explaining the lag

Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    All servers are located in the same place (germany), so there is no "wrong server"..
    In germany? Are you sure?
    Raxxor

See press release: http://www.mindark.com/press/press-r..._Interxion.pdf

Interxion is headquartered in the Netherlands, but if you check their website, you'll find they also have data centres in several European locations (including Sweden).

Quote Originally Posted by raxxor View Post
    In germany? Are you sure?
    It used to be common knowledge - and if they haven't changed it, then yes, servers are located on germany.

All the old EF threads are now on PCF - a forum search there should quickly confirm what i said.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    It used to be common knowledge - and if they haven't changed it, then yes, servers are located on germany.

All the old EF threads are now on PCF - a forum search there should quickly confirm what i said.
    I know they changed the equipment when they upgraded to Cry2 but cant find the post. I found this but doesn't say where it is located, but they do have servers in Germany.
    http://www.interxion.com/customers/c...udies/mindark/

Quote Originally Posted by Nor Alien View Post
    I know they changed the equipment when they upgraded to Cry2 but cant find the post. I found this but doesn't say where it is located, but they do have servers in Germany.
    http://www.interxion.com/customers/c...udies/mindark/
    Servers were moved to germany long before CryEngine came - has the half-life period of forum info decreased that much in the meantime?

Is there still someone out there who remembers Marco Behrmann? The game and it's forums have become such a farce...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast