Thread: Banned for PVP?

Banned for PVP?

So I want to hear some thoughts on this.

I was talking with a friend the other day and they were telling me they received a ban warning for killing players in Service areas.

The areas in question are in zones marked for pvp.

The warning was sent because this behavior is upsetting other participants and is causing unnecessary frustrations.

Are they serious about this?

So when ever i try to fly in space and get shot down can i report the person that shot me down because I am upset and frustrated about it?

Isn't a pvp zone designed for you to be able to kill other player? or are you only allowed to kill other players that want to be killed there?

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassy Melfina View Post

I was talking with a friend the other day and they were telling me they received a ban warning for killing players in Service areas.

The areas in question are in zones marked for pvp.

The warning was sent because this behavior is upsetting other participants and is causing unnecessary frustrations.

Are they serious about this?

So when ever i try to fly in space and get shot down can i report the person that shot me down because I am upset and frustrated about it?

Isn't a pvp zone designed for you to be able to kill other player? or are you only allowed to kill other players that want to be killed there?
    Inside the service area wasn't supposed to be pvp, it was a bug from the last update. Outside is pvp but constant killing of the same player over and over again can be considered harassment and can result in a warning. I believe the service centers were fixed this update, but don't quote me on this.

A little difficult to defend yourself if you're using a terminal or reviving with 1hp but then I wouldn't be using a service centre in a pvp zone if I could help it mainly because of the risk of players trying for an easy pk hof.

What's funny to one is harassment to another.

Dominant
    If you can't tell the difference between an area that's supposed to be marked for PVP and the inside of a service area that's been mistakenly marked for PVP, you should give up PVP as it's above your level. Unless they were noobs killing people with an opalo, the exploiters were just harassing people to get kill hofs and knew exactly what and why they were doing it. Glad to see MA act on this kind of behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassy Melfina View Post

And your question about this is? Yes, you will very well get banned doing this. Most likely your friend was having a great time just standing outside the doorway shooting who ever ran out over and over and over again. So yes, this is not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Stockton View Post
    If you can't tell the difference between an area that's supposed to be marked for PVP and the inside of a service area that's been mistakenly marked for PVP, you should give up PVP as it's above your level. Unless they were noobs killing people with an opalo, the exploiters were just harassing people to get kill hofs and knew exactly what and why they were doing it. Glad to see MA act on this kind of behavior.
    It makes a change, only a few months ago they'd have let it continue but then it also depends on the support person the complaint is read by.

Mind you space is designed along the same lines